( encounter )

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑

DAVINA SAT AT THE Hufflepuff table before taking some food for her to eat, the others gathering around her as they ate their food peacefully before hearing an argument from the stairs

DAVINA SAT AT THE Hufflepuff table before taking some food for her to eat, the others gathering around her as they ate their food peacefully before hearing an argument from the stairs. Davina turned her head slightly to get a closer look at the argument but not quite seeing another. She quickly stood up and sat on the Gryffindor table besides Hermoine as they all listened in on Professor Umbridge and McGonagall's argument.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices," McGonagall said. "So silly of me but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva."

"Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods," Davina quickly looked over at Harry, was the argument about the punishment the two had received in detention but none of them told anyone about that.

"I am sorry, dear. But to question my practices is to question the Ministry and by extension, the Minister himself. I am a tolerant woman, but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty," Umbridge said as she stepped up a few stairs.

By now the students were also in the hallway facing towards the staircase at the argument. Davina moved more to the left a little as placed weight onto her left foot, yet she tipped over a little. She felt someone grab her hand, she winced and pulled it away from the ginger who had grabbed it.

Her hand was still sore, though it was healed. She looked up at the Weasley and met eyes with him before smiling slightly, him smiling back a little as well.

"Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action." Umbridge said. Throughout the days, Umbridge examined the classes between the students and teachers. Asking them questions that she already knew the answers to and some of the questions were completely bizarre.

The uniform had to be a whole lot smarter than before, which caused choking among the teenagers when she fastened their ties around their collars using magic. The fun with the Weasley twins pranks and things had been taken away, everything purely boring to the children.

The students gathered around, watching as Professor Trelawney sat on her luggage's as the students watched her break down and try to explain things. The students cleared a path by the door for Umbridge to get towards the Professor. She walked with her head held high. Knowing exactly what she was going to the poor teacher.

"Six-sixteen years I've lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this," Trelawney cried. Davina felt sad for the teacher, she had lived there for years and deserved her place at Hogwarts, where else would she go?

"Actually I can," Umbridge said as she held up a paper. Professor McGonagall was quick to ran up to the two girls as she pushed by Harry, Ron and Hermoine as well as more Gryffindor's. She soothed Trelawney in a hug as she broke down.

"Something you'd like to say, dear?" Umbridge asked towards McGonagall. "Oh, there are several things I'd like to say," McGonagall spoke as she shushed the blonde crying into her arm. Two loud bangs caused Davina to jump as she watched Dumbledore walk out of the doors, she smiled knowing he could help the situation.

"Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside," Dumbledore said. McGonagall and Trelawney made their way inside Hogwarts after the gracious thank-yous towards Dumbledore had been speaking from Trelawney.

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Educational Decree Number 𝟤𝟥, as enacted by the minister-"

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster," Dumbledore strictly told them, women.

"For now," Umbridge's cold voice rang in her ears.

Davina's mind went to her interaction with Ron earlier on in the day, feeling how her cheeks went flustered as her body heated from his touch. Her stomach grew that same sickly feeling as it felt as if butterflies fluttered in their softly, her hand reaching her mouth to let out a gentle cough before managing to get through the crowd and walked towards her common room.