4: Nekoma

The next day was when they'd meet Nekoma for the first time. Both (F/N) and Kageyama were nervous as the got on the bus, (F/N) sitting with Kiyoko in the front and having a nice chat while Kageyama sat with Hinata in the back, yelling at Coach Ukai to "Hit the bump!" at every turn they made.

Soon enough, they were at the field that they were to play at. The practice game against Nekoma would start at any minute.

The two teams lined up, Hinata shouting. "Y-you!?"

(F/N) leaned forward, waving in Hinata's face. "You okay there, Ginger?" Hinata nodded, rushing towards the pudding head that he'd pointed to a moment prior. (F/N) turned to Kageyama, "What was that all about?"

The black-haired boy shrugged, "I dunno, but if it's Hinata we're talking about then I'm willing to bet he met that guy by the bathroom or something." (F/N) laughed and walked over to Kiyoko to help her with the bags. While she was walking, she noticed a boy with a mohawk and a similar attitude to Tanaka's with a smug scowl on his face. 

Almost on cue, Tanaka walked over to him with the same scowl. It seemed like he was defending Hinata, but (F/N) didn't really care. She grabbed Kageyama's bag and hers and walked towards the field.

"G-G-GIRLS!"

She turned around to find the boy who had been arguing with Tanaka was now staring at her and Kiyoko. The boy with the mohawk pointed, "How do you have TWO managers when we can't even manage to get ONE!?"

(F/N) pointed to herself, "Oh, no. I play."

The boy who had been staring started to question her, "What do you mean, you play?" (F/N) shot back, "Exactly what it sounds like. I'm Karasuno's catcher. Azumane (F/N), nice to meet you." The boy blushed, "T-Taketora Yamamoto. Nice to meet you too."

With that, they shook hands and parted ways. Kiyoko laughed, "Seems like you have an admirer, (F/N)-chan." "With you around?" (F/N) smiled, "Yeah, no. Nice of you to think that standing next to a goddess, a lowly human like me matters."

Kiyoko only rolled her eyes, "I've told you that you're pretty before, and for the last time, I'm not a goddess!" With that, they went to the dugout. Sugawara laughed, "(F/N), looks like someone's got a crush on youuu~"

The girl only rolled her eyes, "Doubtful, but whatever. Did you bring it?"

Sugawara nodded, "How could I forget?!" Daichi overheard this part of their conversation, and he walked over to them. "What did you remember, exactly?" Suga pulled from his bag (favorite flavor) sunflower seeds. "They're our favorite! Besides, I promised (F/N) a bag since she doesn't really have to be here."

(F/N) nodded as she set her bag down, taking her bat out and placing it on the holder that Ukai had brought for all the team's bats. Then, they took the field for warmups.

They finished stretching relatively quickly, rushing back inside the dugout for the starting lineup from Coach Ukai.

"Alrighty." He spoke, "we'll be using the same starting lineup as the last practice game. Just with (F/N) playing catcher. We're hitting first, so Kageyama, you're first. Remember, Nekoma is a defensive team, and they're good at what they do. So, aim for any small holes you can find in their fielding. Tsukishima, you're on deck. Let's go win this."

"KARASUNO FIGHT!"

Breaking apart from the cheer that Daichi led, Kageyama stepped up to the plate. Nekoma's pitcher looked like he was a little to tired to be on the pitcher's mound, but (F/N) decided not to underestimate him.

Nekoma's catcher had black hair that suck out of the back of his face mask. (F/N) wondered if that was his actual hairstyle or if he used an entire bottle of gel on it. She had no time to worry about anything else, because Nekoma's pitcher was winding up. It seemed like a normal pitch, until it started swerving mid-way to the plate.