8: Tokonami and Dateko

(F/N) woke up before Asahi could even knock on her door. She enjoyed the peace of being able to wake up on her own time, and she went back to sleep after realizing that she'd rather get the extra 15 minutes than get up and be productive.

Now, Asahi was at her door. Now, after that extra 15 minutes, she got up and started to get ready for the day.

Her mom packed some granola bars for her, and (F/N) thanked her for doing so. (F/N) looked at the uniform that was hanging on her wall, Today's the day, (F/N). Do your best!

She put on the uniform Kiyoko had issued to her, and then she walked downstairs to slip on her crocs and get her things together. She possibly had a double-header today, and she wanted nothing more than to be prepared for anything that might happen.

She was now ready to go, and Asahi would be walking her to school. Their mom had work, so she would be unable to go to the game(s) that day. (F/N) and Asahi said goodbye to their mom, and then they left the house to start walking to school where the entire team would catch a bus to go to the game. They were the last ones there, and soon enough, the team was on the bus.

(F/N) sat down next to Sugawara, and Kageyama sat in the back with Hinata as usual. Takeda started driving, and Sugawara turned to (F/N), a shit-eating grin on his face. "So, (F/N)-chan! What do you think about Kageyama?"

(F/N) tilted her head, "Well, he's a cool dude I guess. He's a really good pitcher, I can see how you got replaced, Suga!"

Cue the imaginary arrow piercing Sugawara's heart. He sighed, "Okay, I see how it is. Anyways, I mean do you like him as a person?"

(F/N) thought about it for a minute, and then came to a conclusion. "I suppose. He's a snotty little loser sometimes, though." Sugawara shook his head and pulled out his phone.

Agressive.Wine.Aunt.Energy
Nothing from (F/N). She's not giving me anything to work with!

Hinata felt his phone buzz in the back of the bus, and pulled out the device to see what Sugawara had sent to the chat. After reading the text, Hinata nodded to Tanaka and Noya who were in the seats opposite Kageyama and himself. The ginger turned to his friend, "So, Kageyama-kun! What do you think of (F/N)?"

Kageyama gave the same questioning look that (F/N) had given Sugawara. "She's nice. A little bossy behind the plate, but aside from that I guess she's cool. She had a cannon for an arm, so if I ever get punched by her, I can tell you my jaw's gonna snap. Now that I'm thinking about it, she's scary."

Tanaka shook his head, "Do you think she's cute at least?"

Kageyama thought to himself, Do I? I mean, she's pretty and when her hair flows in the wind it makes her look really pretty. Okay, so yeah I think she's cute. But I don't think I'll ever admit that to Tanaka-san, Nishinoya-san, or Hinata, that boke.

Kageyama shrugged, "I guess. I mean, I don't think she's ugly."

Hinata, Nishinoya, and Tanaka all shared the same thought, He's bluffing.

A_Literal_Sunshine
Kageyama thinks she's cute :) That's a start!

Sugawara nodded as the bus pulled up to the fields, and Karasuno filed off the bus. Takeda and Ukai parked the bus, and Kiyoko arranged everyone's things. They all brought their bags to the field they'd be playing on, losing Daichi along the way. He stopped to talk to an old friend.

(F/N) helped Kageyama stretch, and in turn, Kageyama did the same. The umpire called for the game to start, and Daichi met with the opposing captain for the coin flip. Karasuno ended up in the field first, and (F/N) got all her catching gear on. She poked Kageyama in the back, "You know what to do?"