6: Not Too Many Chances

One night a few days after the Nekoma practice game, as the Karasuno baseball club was preparing for the inter-high prelims, Sugawara made a group chat.

Aggressive.Wine.Aunt.Energy added RollingThunder69, ImNotBald420, and A_Literal_Sunshine

Ight, we planning a marriage here

Aggressive.Wine.Aunt.Energy
And no, Tanaka, it's not your nonexistent wedding with Kiyoko.

Aggressive.Wine.Aunt.Energy changed the group name to Matchmaker Biotches

ImNotBald420
I- Damn, really gotta attack me like that.

RollingThunder69
It's okay, Tanaka.

A_Literal_Sunshine
Tanaka-san! Noya-san! Sugawara-san! Hi!

Aggressive.Wine.Aunt.Energy
THIS CHAT IS FOR MATCHMAKING PURPOSES ONLY!

Aggressive.Wine.Aunt.Energy
How are we gonna get Kageyama and (F/N) together?

RollingThunder69
Suga-san, you picked the wrong people for this.

ImNotBald420
We're literally the stupidest on the team.

A_Literal_Sunshine
There not wrong Suga-san

Aggressive.Wine.Aunt.Energy
*They're

Aggressive.Wine.Aunt.Energy
Maybe I picked the wrong people for this. We could always add Asahi.

ImNotBald420
Add Dadchi. He got more braincells than all of us combined

A_Literal_Sunshine
But, Tanaka-san, he'll yell at us for matchmaking!

ImNotBald420
shit, you right

RollingThunder69
We'll think of something, Suga! Shoyo, you gotta spy on (F/N)-chan and Kageyama. You're the only other first-year in the chat, and if we tell Suckyshima, he's gonna go right to Dadchi. Keep track of the bond of the targets.

Aggressive.Wine.Aunt.Energy
Wait, did Noya just have a good idea?

A_Literal_Sunshine
I WON'T LET YOU GUYS DOWN!

- - -

Sugawara sighed as he said goodbye to the group and put his phone down. He was astonished by the fact that Nishinoya had an idea while he had no clue where to start. Sugawara shut off his light and thought to himself, I'll know what to do soon enough. So long as they become good friends until I can think of what to do, operation Kage(F/N) will work! Not too many chances will present themselves, knowing how awkward Kageyama is. But, when that chance does come, we'll grasp it!

Sugawara drifted into sleep after those thoughts, but Kageyama lay awake at his residence.

Kageyama had (F/N) on the mind, and he wondered why. Sure, he thought that it was pretty cool that they were more than just teammates now, they were friends. (F/N) had even started eating on the roof with Tsukishima, Yamaguchi, Hinata, and himself. She even got along with them as if they'd grown up together.

Well, to be fair, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi did grow up together, and Kageyama had known Hinata a year before they were on the same team.

Kageyama sighed, "I'll just ask Miwa about it."