2: I Don't Need You

(F/N) walked into class, waving goodbye to Tsukishima and Yamaguchi who left to go to Class 1-4. As mentioned by Sugawara before, (F/N) was in Class 1-5, a college prep course.

She walked in and sat down like any other day, next to one of her closest friends, Yachi Hitoka. "Ya-chan!" (F/N) smiled, "How are you?"

Yachi smiled back, "Aside from freaking out every two minutes, I'm well!"

"Mood." (F/N) smirked as Yachi took her seat right next to her. "Ya-chan, did you see the new episode of Toilet Bound Hanako-kun yesterday?" The blonde shook her head, "No way! That show's too scary for me Azu-chan and you know that!"

(F/N) sighed, "Right, I forgot. Sorry, Ya-chan."

Yachi smiled, "Don't worry about it! Besides, I was babysitting yesterday, so I couldn't have watched it even if I wanted to."

Earning odd looks from her classmates, (F/N) slammed her face on her desk, "Right, forgot about that too. Sorry again."

Yachi nodded, "Don't worry about it!"

As their sensei walked in, (F/N) smiled, "I'll try not to."

.  .  .

At lunch, as the bell rang, Kageyama bolted out of his classroom. He had to get to the vending machine before they ran out of milk. He had to.

Yesterday, he thought as he raced through the crowd, they didn't have my milk and she showed up at practice! Maybe it's an omen that if they don't have milk, I'll have a bad day.

As he rounded the corner to get his milk, (F/N) rounded the other corner. They ran into one another, falling backwards.

(F/N) rubbed her head, "Ow...watch where you're-Oh, hey Kageyama-kun."

Kageyama looked up and scowled, dammit! They'd better have milk!  He got up and helped (F/N) to her feet, which she thanked him for. They then turned to the vending machine.

(F/N) smiled, "What do you want? My treat."

Kageyama shook his head, "No, I'll buy my own."

(F/N) sighed as she hit the button for strawberry milk, "Suit yourself, I was trying to be nice."

She grabbed her milk from the bottom and poked the straw through the hole on the top of the carton, walking away. She waved, and Kageyama put his money in to the vending machine, trying to decide between yogurt and milk.

As he angrily hit the button for milk, he thought to himself, I should've bought her milk. She offered to buy mine, so why didn't I offer to but hers?

Kageyama poked the straw through the hole on the carton and continued on his way, back to the roof where he usually eats.

He met with Tsukishima, Hinata and Yamaguchi for lunch every day, getting much complaining from Tsukishima and himself. He opened the door to the roof, ready for school to be over for the day. He'd used his brain too much already, he was starting to get a headache. Hinata noticed this as Kageyama sat down, and he pointed it out.

"What's wrong, Kageyama-kun? You seem to be more tired that usual."

Tsukishima took on a teasing tone, sneering, "Yeah, King. What's wrong?"

Kageyama glared at them both before mumbling. "Nothing's wrong, you idiots."

Yamaguchi sighed, "Well, let's just eat. If Kageyama-kun wants to tell us, he will." The pitcher nodded, "You guys should listen to Yamaguchi-kun more often."