10: How's It Feel?

In the second inning, Tanaka managed to score a run for Karasuno. However, Aoba Johsai had gotten two runs in the previous half of the inning, meaning that the score was 2-2. (F/N) was a little worried, but by the time the fourth inning swung around, Oikawa himself had hit a home-run.

Luckily, it was a solo home-run. Now that it was the fifth inning, (F/N) took a deep breath as she stepped up to the plate again, ready for the lightning-quick pitch that Oikawa was known for.

She watched as Oikawa wound up, his arm and leg a little out of sync. (F/N) smirked, This one's in the dirt. Or at least at my ankles.

(F/N) was right, and she didn't swing as the ball fell from her ankles to the dirt. She was able to see especially well today, whether that be both of the pitchers that were on the mound or the rest of the infield. It was like the entire game played in slow-motion for her, and she was more than happy to be at the top of her game.

Oikawa wound up again, and based on his foot positioning, (F/N) was able to determine that it was going to be the lightning pitch again. Ukai signaled to Takeda, who in turn signaled for (F/N) to bunt. She nodded, then after Oikawa threw the pitch she swung, stopping the bat around mid-way to let the ball fall right between Oikawa and Iwaizumi. 

She took off towards first base, even faster than Hinata would have. (F/N) dove feet first into first base, and just in the nick of time. Iwaizumi was able to get the ball to Matsukawa, just not in time. She let out a breath that she didn't even know she was holding in. Matsukawa laughed, "Not too shabby, shorty."

(F/N) pouted, "I'm not that short, jackass."

The first baseman smirked, "Well, standing next to me, yeah you are." (F/N) looked up at the black-haired boy only to realize that he was actually right. Compared to Matsukawa, (F/N) was lie a bug. She rolled her eyes, "Whatever."

Narita was up to bat, and (F/N) knew that Oikawa wasn't going to go easy on him. When he wound up to pitch, Narita tensed up at home plate. (F/N) knew that he was going to throw the fastball, based only on how he was standing. 

As soon as the pitch was let go, (F/N) sprinted to second base after Ukai's signal. Luckily for her, Iwaizumi dropped the ball and she was able to slide into second. (F/N) was half way around the diamond. 

The next time Oikawa pitched, Narita swung and actually hit it, but into foul territory. Iwaizumi popped up from his squatting position and ran as fast as he could to the ball, catching it before it hit the ground.

Narita walked back to the dugout shamefully, and Nishinoya waddled out with an expression of pure joy across his face. (F/N) sighed, Nishinoya, we need you right now. Get us a couple runs right here, right now.

Nishinoya seemed to understand what she was saying, because he gave her a nod and a thumbs up, as if to say, "Yeah, we're getting a couple runs right here, right now."

First pitch was a changeup, but Nishinoya had gotten a lot of practice on Kageyama's changeups so he wasn't too worried.

One crack of the bat later and Noya was on first with (F/N) at third and Tanaka up to bat. Tanaka was probably the strongest member of the team physically, with Asahi out for the year. There was only one out, so Tanaka didn't feel too much pressure at all. In fact, he was more excited to see Oikawa's pitch rather than stressed about having to swing at it.

Tanaka watched the first one as it soared at his eye-level. One ball, no strikes. Tanaka stood upright and cracked his back, taking a practice swing outside of the batter's box. He stepped back into the batter's box with the most serious expression that (F/N) had ever seen, and it gave her chills.

King of Diamonds~Kageyama Tobio x Reader~Baseball AU!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें