9: Aoba Johsai

(F/N) and Kageyama got plenty of rest that night, and they were more than ready for the big game that was taking place today on field one, front and center for everyone who would be parking to watch.

If (F/N) were being honest, she didn't think she'd be able to compete with Aoba Johsai's catcher. She had only heard rumors about how amazing of a catcher Hajime Iwaizumi was, and she felt inadequate compared to him.

She shook that feeling off quick, however, and she quickly got up and got ready for the day. Quickly tossing on the Karasuno jersey that was laying on a chair, (F/N) scrambled down to the kitchen for some food. Asahi was already awake, and he tossed his sister a granola bar, just enough to get her through to lunch.

Within minutes the siblings were out the door, impressing their mother as they hugged her goodbye. Their mother pretended to wipe a tear, "I never thought the day would come when you two left early. Especially with (F/N) taking forever to wake up in the morning."

(F/N) threw her hands up in defense, "Mom! I do not take that long to wake up!"

Their mom gave (F/N) an "Yeah, right." look, then hugged each one of them. "Be safe you two, I love you." They waved goodbye and started their walk to school to meet with the team before leaving for the fields together. 

Asahi nudged his sister, "You know, you are a pain to wake up in the morning."

(F/N) slapped her bother on the arm, "Shut up!"

They arrived at Karasuno shortly after, and the only other ones there were Daichi, Sugawara, Tanaka, Kiyoko, and Kageyama. (F/N) ran to Kiyoko, "Kiyoko-chan! Asahi says I'm a pain to wake up in the morning!"

Kiyoko laughed, "Well, you slept over at my house once and you didn't wake up until my dog licked your nose."

(F/N) shook her head, "That's different, you weren't trying to wake me up." "Um, (F/N)-chan," Kiyoko put her hand on (F/N)'s shoulder, "I had been trying to wake you up for an hour prior."

(F/N)'s eyes shot wide, "Wait, for real!?"

Kiyoko only nodded, making (F/N) pout. "Sheesh! I'm going to go talk to Kageyama-kun, he doesn't make fun of me."

Kageyama tensed up at the mention of his name. The boy turned to see that (F/N) was walking towards him, her pout fading into a smile. "Howdy, Kageyama-kun!"

The boy only nodded. He didn't really understand how he was supposed to interact with someone who was so lively, but luckily for him, she was the one who did most of the talking. What they talked about ranged from what they ate for dinner to how nervous they both were, and (F/N) had never seen someone so stoic before a game that she was internally panicking about.

Soon enough, the bus pulled up, Coach Ukai driving it. The team loaded their things into the back of the bus, and they were off. This time, (F/N) sat in the back with Kageyama on her right. He begged for the aisle seat, and so (F/N) took the window seat.

Hinata was starting to feel sick, and (F/N) was regretting sitting in the back of the bus with them. But then, Tanaka calmed him down. (F/N) made a mental note to NEVER sit right next to Hinata on the way to a game.

Soon enough, they were at the field. (F/N) followed Kageyama off the bus, and a few steps after they got off, (F/N)'s face ran right into Kageyama's back.

"Kageyama-kun?" She leaned around him, "What's wron...oh." Karasuno was standing face-to-face with the Aoba Johsai team.

Very quickly, these are the Aoba Johsai players' positions!
Pitcher-Oikawa
Catcher-Iwaizumi
1st Base-Matsukawa
2nd Base-Yahaba
3rd Base-(Eventually, but not this chapter) Kyotani
Short Stop-Watari
Left Field-Hanamaki
Right Field-Kunimi
Center Field-Kindaichi