Chapter 12: Questions for a singer

I woke up with a heavy pressure on my chest and the sound of soft relaxed breathing mixed with the waking sounds of the city. Yawning and stretching lightly, I opened my eyes and took in the somewhat strange surroundings. My eyes ran to the room door, the bedside table, a vanity, and finally, they landed on a sleeping body. Korra laid on me with her head on my chest and her arms around my waist. She looked so peaceful and carefree in her slumber, I almost didn't want to disturb her. I softly ran my fingers through her hair, then down her cheek, rubbing soft circles on it with the tip of my thumb. My gentle touch made her hum lightly and look up at me with tired eyes. I smiled at her and took her hand to play with her fingers.

"How long have you been awake for?" She asked in that tired, rough voice I heard from her the night we first met. I didn't notice I missed it until right now.

"Long enough." I grinned. "You talk in your sleep, you know? You said some crazy things about how much you loved me." Korra's eyes widened in horror and her face turned bright red, causing me to laugh and break character. She pulled her playful smirk and moved up closer to me.

"You're bluffing." She pecked my lips and pulled me closer.

"Maybe." I gave her a soft kiss, one she quickly deepened. I could honestly get used to these types of mornings, the ones where I don't wake up alone anymore, where I'm surrounded by her touch and kisses. I pulled back and looked at her, biting my lip.

"Join me for a shower?"

That all happened quite a while ago. How much time had passed? I had no idea, I wasn't aware of that. In fact, I was more focused on the trembling mess that was hanging on to me for dear life. The water from the shower ran down our heated bodies, taking with it all the traces of makeup that remained from the night before. Though, the sound of the shower running wasn't enough to keep Korra's moans and groans at bay. I was kneeling under her and she was pressing her back against the wall of the shower, with one leg up on my shoulder and her hands on my hair.

"Fuck... Asami" She groaned out, tightening the grip on my hair. The leg that rested on my shoulder started trembling harder and I could tell she was close. My tongue worked in circles against her core with two of my fingers thrusting into her in a steady rhythm. I must say, this was a better way to wake up than my morning coffee. "Just like that...don't stop." She moaned out, grinding her hips against me with more force. Not even a minute passed, and I felt her come undone over me with her loud moans echoing through the bathroom walls and pulling me closer into her. I didn't stop until I felt her body become less tense and her grip on my hair loosening, riding her through it until she gave my hair a small tug. I let her leg roll off me and stood up, humming against her lips when she kissed me deeply with the same intensity as last night. I was holding her until she stood on her own, trailing soft kisses on the side of her face.

"I guess I can skip breakfast." I mumbled once we pulled away, causing her to chuckle in between her heavy breathing.

"Nonsense, let me buy you some after we get out and get ready. I can cancel my meeting for today and we can spend time together." I smiled and shook my head.

"As much as I'd love that, I promised Kuvira I would call her last night. Obviously, that didn't happen..." Flashes from last night quickly came to my mind and I blushed. "So, I'm going to swing by the club and fill her in. Might even see Jinora too. We can meet up there after you finish your meeting." I stepped out from our embrace and shower, closed the curtain behind me, and wrapped the towel Korra had given me around myself. Korra popped her head out of the shower.

"Wait for me before you talk to Jinora about last night, please. I want to hear what she says and see her reaction." She blew a kiss and popped back in. "You can borrow some pants and a shirt from the second drawer in my bedroom." I giggled and opened the door, making my way to Korra's room. I quickly opened the second drawer and took out some pants and a shirt as she had instructed. I picked up my bra from the floor and put it on along with her pants, then took the shirt and slid it on, and started buttoning it up. Her scent lingered on the shirt and it made me put a piece of it against my nose and drown in it. God, even that was intoxicating.