Happy Korrasami Day

Here's a little one shot for you guys to celebrate this awesome day. :D Hope you like it!  
Btw this fan fic is in Ao3 now. Same username.

"Marry me..." A kiss sounded in the air and strong arms were wrapped around my naked body.

"I did marry you, silly." I grinned against her lips and ran my hands up her strong arms. "Exactly one year ago, actually." She chuckled and placed a kiss on my pale cheek.

"I know, happy anniversary my love. I wish I could just marry you over and over again." Her eyes sparkled with love against the warm Republic City sun that shone through our apartment window. "We should be in Ember Island to celebrate, after all...that's where we met after spending a year apart." I sighed at the memory, I couldn't believe that was around five years ago.

"I think we should've been in The South, you proposed to me there." I grinned when memories of that day came to mind. The best part? Even after a year and after marrying each other, Korra still looked at me the same way she did that night we saw each other in Ember Island. Her love for me, after five years, remained intact and I knew it'd remain this way for this sixth one and all the ones after. In fact, she was looking at me this way right now and it still made me melt.

"We are home though. Although, with you, home can even be in a cardboard box." She kissed me softly and I wrapped my arms around her neck to pull her closer. We pulled back slightly and she laid her forehead against mine. "You're my home."

"No, you're my home." I grinned at her, making her giggle and lay next to me again. "We are each other's home." I pecked her lips softly. She went to reply but was silenced by Naga jumping on the bed and cuddling up to us. We laughed and pet the white husky until she was satisfied, and she laid down to take a nap. Korra and I looked at each other and smiled.

"I love you" We said at the same time and blushed as if we'd heard each other say it for the first time. I blushed harder when I remembered the first time we did and she looked at me in question.

"I was just remembering the first time we said those words to each other." I answered her quiet sentence and she looked in thought for a second.

"Ah... how to forget? We had finished writing your first single and then we made love in your changing room-"

"After giving the piano one last rough up...yes." We laughed at the memory and stayed in a comfortable silence for a moment, filled with Naga's soft snoring.

"Your mother did bring us together huh...I hope I get to thank her one day." She suddenly said softly and I smiled at the thought.

"I hope so too..." I looked at the clock and sighed. "We promised Kuvira to meet her for lunch." She followed my gaze to the clock and nodded. "Come on, we should get going." I pulled her to get up with me and dragged her to a much needed shower. Kuvira had asked us to come have lunch in Air Temple Island with everyone to celebrate our anniversary, it was a great gesture and I was thankful for it. A selfish part of me wanted to keep Korra for a the day to myself, but Jinora and Kai traveled all the way here; and so did Tenzin and Tonraq. When Kuvira told us she was hosting a lunch, Korra insisted him to come and spend a few days in Republic City; he didn't want to be alone in the South after his relationship flopped. He was staying at Korra's old apartment and told us he would meet us there. I also invited the twins and stretched the invitation to my father, but I wasn't sure if he'd come.

Since the lunch was somewhat formal, I decided to go with a red dress and black heels; pulling my hair back in its usual style. Korra, on the other hand, decided to wear a blue dress she had gotten down in the Southern Water Tribe and put her hair up on a bun with her bangs sticking out. I love how long her hair had gotten, though I sometimes missed the short bob I met her with. She took my hand and led me outside where both our cars were waiting, Naga following behind. We opted on taking mine, and I let her drive us to the docks. I was proud of her, it took two years but she finally learned how to drive smoothly. I had no choice but to let her drive my car now. The drive to the docks was quick and the ferry trip even quicker, making it to the island just in time.