Chapter 26: A Night of Triumph

Quick note before this chapter:

  Thank you all for the readings, comments and to those who vote the story...you all get a lollipop if we meet.  This chapter is the only reason I started writing this story xd, I'm sorry if you hate it.  

Sadly I must say that this story is coming to an end, but there's a new one in the works and the prologue and first chapter will be uploaded by the time this one ends.  I hope you check it out, I'm very excited to be writing history fantasy mixed with these two love birds.  

Finally, this chapter does contain two songs.  My Way by Frank Sinatra is dedicated, so please don't mind it.  We just vibe.  Asami's one (Unchained Melody)  well...obviously she didn't write it, but I wanted to give it to her lmao. Korra will be in bold, Asami will be in italics and them both will be in bold and italics.  You'll understand in a second. 

Again, thank you all.

 Without further ado... I give you...

A Night of Triumph 

Euphoria always filled my veins whenever I am up in stage, it was always a second home to me. Expressing my feelings through enchanted symphonies and lullabies, while people enjoy and drink in silence is what I adore most in the world.  However, tonight it was a different type of ecstasy.  The atmosphere felt thicker than before, addiction and booze went almost unnoticed by my touch.   I was beyond nervous, something that never happened before.  I've been always so centered, so grounded; stage fright wasn't in my vocabulary.  

Kuvira had left me alone after fixing me up back in my apartment and, even though Korra arrived an hour later, it was enough time for me to go crazy.  Sitting now on the bar with a full glass of martini and missing Korra, who was putting the necklace on the safe, it all became overwhelming.  Without much thought, I got up and quickly walked outside the club.  The cold air of Republic City hit me at once, causing a shudder to run down my back. It had rained, that was for sure. The busy street was filled with cars and cabs, the area filled with music from nearby bars and people having fun.  I stared at them.  I missed when life was so carefree and I wasn't losing my mind, wondering if our plan will work or not. 

"You okay?" Korra soft voice gently startled me.  I turned to her and gently shook my head, walking into her chest and welcoming the embrace.  "It'll work, Asami.  Trust me."  She whispered and tightened her grip around me. 

"I just want this to be over."  I pulled back slightly, laying my forehead against hers and closing my eyes. 

"It will be after tonight...I promise"  She leaned up and captured my lips on hers, deepening our kiss slightly.  My worry suddenly turned to anger, and I pulled back gently to look into Korra's eyes. 

"Whoever stole it should get their hands cut off."  She chuckled at this and shook her head with a smile, making me smile as well.  We were about to enter the club when a voice from the side caught out attention. 

"Asami! Are you ready?" Tenzin grinned at me and gave me a quick hug, one I gladly returned.  I faked all my emotions with a smile once we pulled back. 

"Ready as I'll ever be." 

"Then get this show on the road."  Tenzin went inside the bar and quickly made his way to the bar towards Kuvira.  I sighed and Korra took my hand in hers, giving it a gentle reassuring squeeze.  She guided me inside and walked us towards the bar, where Tenzin and Kuvira were speaking about the piano;  Kya and Jinora next to them talking about auras.  I chuckled at this and shook my head slightly, feeling the my headband on it.  Kuvira had managed to style my hair similar to cantina standards, letting it beautifully fall down on my shoulders in a mist of curls. Still...the headband was annoying, and I hated it.  I tugged on it and groaned,  Kya noticing and chuckling.