0 6 : w a n d e r s · a n d · c a p t i v e s

Evelyn:

Evelyn:

"HELL NO," Amber barked, her eyes so cold I almost flinched. "How dare you think that I would give up my sister-"

"-to torture your other sister, yes. You would." The sorcerer purred, "I know what type of person you are, Amber darling." Amber shot a desperate glance at me, "Evelyn, what do you say?" Her eyes pleading-begging me to say what?

Rumpelstiltskin murmured in my ear, "You know I will have that alliance with your sister one way or another. If you make your choice now, I promise I'll be a bit merciful." He knew. That son of a bitch knew that I was trying to protect Ella.

"Fine, Rumpelstiltskin. I'll go with you," I replied softly, not meeting Amber's eyes.

He smiled, showing off his dazzling white teeth, "Why am I not surprised, Evie, darling?"

I tried to smile at Amber, whose eyes were wide, "Evie, no."

She tried to walk to me, but hit an invisible wall, "Please. We can find another way to stop Ella and the prick."

Rumple smirked, "It's too late, love. She has made her choice."

Amber kept her eyes on me, her eyes full of hate, anger and fear, "I swear, Evie, I will avenge you and free you from him."

Rumple snorted, "How touching. Now, I've promised," He moved his right hand slightly and a book- a book of spells- appeared. His smirk made my blood boil, "In exchange for your sister." Tossing the book , it flew in the air, which Amber snatched using magic from his reach.

Suddenly, his fingers found mine and his slender ones gripped mine as a whirlwind began to appear around us, drowning out even Amber's cry of wrath. I felt Rumplestiltskin's essence- woven into the darkness and wind around us. I felt the wind, the harsh harsh wind bite at my skin- and suddenly, it vanished as suddenly as it appeared.

Blinking, I yanked my hand from him, "Where are we?" I barked at him. He just stretched and casted a lazy smile at me, "Welcome home, Evelyn."

"That doesn't answer my question." In front of us was a balcony, and behind it's doors was stunning mountains decorated with snow and ice, the winds rough and bitter melody howling everywhere as snowflakes danced to the beat.

As much as I hated Rumple- I loved the view.

"Some, I suppose, like to call this place the House of Blizzards, if you wish so badly to put my home to a name." He replied at last, "I'll see you for breakfast. After all, you must be exhausted from all this drama, yes? I believe your sister is quite exhausting to put up with."

I snarled, and he waved his hand, the other tucked in his pocket. Two handmaidens appear out of nowhere and bowed, "My Lord."

The first was a young girl- maybe twenty? Her lips were light pink against her pale skin and wavy reddish-brown hair that fell a little past her shoulders. The dress she was wearing was an elegant black and white dress that brushed the ground with it's teasing crystals that made a slight clinking noise when she moved, and the choker around her neck was decorated with diamonds. She was just about my height, and her fingers slender. She was beautiful.

The second girl had the same features- light brown eyes and hair, and slightly tanned skin, but her hair was was wavy, almost to the stomach. Against her skin was a midnight black dress that seemed to draw in all the light. The hem grazed the marble floor barely, and her gloves which were elbow length, decorated with the same lace pattern at the hem. Her lips were pulled back in a gentle smile.

Rumple waved a hand at them, "Evie, meet Lacey and Paige, your handmaidens for your permanent stay." They both curtsied. I scowled. Not at them, but at the man who spoke.

"Not a dungeon cell?" I snapped. Rumple smiled coldly, "You are my guest, Evelyn, not my prisoner. Though I suppose it can change, if you wish so terribly."

"You sniveling bastard," I spat at him, anger coursing my veins.

He chuckled, and began walking away, "See you at breakfast, Evelyn" And then he was gone.

~

My handmaidens were quiet as they walked-no, floated, in front of me to my room. And I soon realized why.

"You're ghosts?" I asked, awed. They stayed quiet. Was that a yes?

They stopped at a door. It was carved with lavish and detailed designs, and symbols that spoke of grace, wealth, and protection. The door handle was decorated with studded with priceless jewels. I pushed open the door and gawked at the room.

The room was thrice the size of a regular bedroom, and it's ceiling was made out of glass that allowed snow to fall on top, but never form completely. There was a balcony, and behind the glass doors, was an absolutely beautiful landscape of sweeping snow-capped mountains.

Behind me, a soft, velvet like voice said softly, "Not ghosts, but spirits. We can become solid if we wish," I spun around, and the girl- Paige, yes Paige was her name, and the other girl was Lacey, continued, "Please, take a seat."

Still shocked from Rumple's actions and dazzled, I sat. I was quiet as their soft fingers combed my hair, coaxing out a tangle here and there. When they were finished, I was shocked to see my wavy, long hair untangled and calm, resting on my head. 

They rubbed lotion on my face and gently led me to the adjourning bath room.

"When you are ready, we shall appear, " Paige whispered in that soft voice of hers.

They vanished in puffs of smoke and I was left alone at last.

~

The tub was large- like a swimming pool. I soaked in the warm water, washing away the grime and dirt.

I let the arm water rest and soothe my battered body. After a day of walking and putting up with such nonsense, it was welcoming.

For a first time in a long time, I stopped thinking about the future, and floated. I didn't think about Rumpelstiltskin (what type of a name was that?), didn't bother with Ella and the prince, stopped thinking about Mother- everyone blurred away. It was just me and the water.

I washed my hair with the strawberry scented shampoo. I didn't care that the water was beginning to get cold. Didn't care that I was subconsciously crying. And then, everything came crashing back down and my sobs required heaving gasps of breath. 

I was a failure- I shouldn't have run all those nine years ago, I should've done what I had to do. I couldn't even save Ella, and just made the situation worse.

I scrambled out of the tub, still sobbing, and grabbed the first thing I touched.

It was a light nightgown, pale white, sleeves up to my wrist. It was struggle to get on the nightgown with tears blurring my vision.

I was still trying to catch my breath as I climbed into the soft and comfortable bed. The cold, angry facade cracked, and uncontrollable sadness swelled out from my chest, so fast I couldn't stop the heartwretching sobs to wreck my body over and over again. 

I barely remembered turning the knob to dim the lava lamps, but I did remember staring up at snow falling, crying myself to sleep. 

A/N: TO NOBODY- WHO IS READING THIS BOOK- VOTING FOR THE FCARS (I THINK I SPELLED IT RIGHT THIS TIME) STARTS TODAY

VOTE NOW! (oh who am I kidding)