Chapter 7

Classes were canceled for the debate. Peggy went first. "Peggy, why should we vote you for prom queen?" Thomas asked. "I think you should vote me for prom queen because of a few reasons. I was always the ugly sister, the fat sister, the untalented sister, the sister no one payed attention to. Peggy is great, because Peggy is good." "Peggy, how did you react to your sister's teen pregnancy?" Who came up with these questions? "I made a tiktok of me dancing while our mom yelled at Eliza. I didn't realize I forgot to put audio."

"Wrong!" Eliza said. "It's not your turn to speak." I reminded her calmly. She rolled her eyes. Peggy's speech was god awful. Eliza's probably won't be much better. After she delivers a terrible, narcissistic, speech, Thomas asks her the question they chose for her. "Eliza, we'd all like to know why you left your son in the back of an Uber for a driver that complained they couldn't have kids?" Eliza shrugged. "I was a businesswoman, doing business. Vote me for prom queen!" (Lmao I'm using random quotes from debates and shit.)

During Angelica's speech, Eliza keeps talking over her. "I want to be your prom queen beca- *overlapped speaking* will you shut up man?" Angelica doesn't even sound like she wants to be here, and I don't even blame her. This is going terrible. Her question is a different question not relating to Eliza's teen pregnancy. About time. "Yes, I was the center of my parents attention during childhood. I think I was the favorite." Eliza rolls her eyes.

Maria doesn't even get the chance to speak, because she freaked out as soon as the lights turned on for her. "No, get those lights off! Off! Turn them off they're too bright turn them off! Turn them off ready let's go! Turn off the lights! Turn off the lights! Turn off the lights! Turn them off they're too bright!" She somehow got everyone chanting with her. That was an absolute disaster. And now Eliza and Maria are arguing.

I'm doing the Riverdale Candy Store scene for no reason but I fucking can and it'll make this chapter even worse

Are we gonna have a problem?

Why is Eliza now singing? Where did the music come from? Why the fuck are Angelica and Peggy dancing too? "What? Is that from Mean Girls?" Maria clearly has no idea what's happening. I don't either.

I like! Looking hot buying stuff they cannot
I like! Drinking hard maxing dad's credit card
I like! Skipping gym scaring her screwing him
I like! Killer clothes kicking nerds in the nose!

If you like the juice go play duck duck goose
Let your mommy fix you ice cream
WOAH!
Or come hang with me and tonight we'll be
Dirty Dancing with the football team
WOAH! WOAH! WOAH!

"What the fuck is happening?" I whisper to Thomas. "I have no fucking clue."

Honey what you waiting for?
Welcome to my Candy Store
Time for you to prove you're not a loser anymore
And step into my Candy Store

Maria starts singing now.

WOAH! WOAH! WOAH!
Honey what you waiting for?
Step into my Candy Store
Time for you to prove you're not a doorknob anymore
And step into my Candy Store

She's singing live and still sounds auto tuned. Also, doorknob? Maria and Eliza get right in each other's faces.

You can join the team
Maria pushes past her.
Or you can bitch and moan
Eliza shoves herself in the front.
You can live the dream
Maria shoves her again.
Or you can die alone
Eliza walks back over to her sisters.
You can fly with eagles or if you prefer
Keep on testing me and end up like her

"End up like who?" Peggy said to Angelica. "Probably you, Peggy."

Honey what you waiting for-
SHUT UP MARIA
Step into my Candy Store

At this point they're basically just trying to sing over each other.

Time for you to prove you're not a lame ass anymore
And step into my Candy Store
It's my Candy Store it's my Candy
It's my Candy Store it's my Candy Store

"Um, so don't forget to vote for prom queen this afternoon." I say. What the fuck did I just witness?