Chapter 11

"You're joking!" "I'm not kidding, James." Thomas takes my hand. "I'm not leaving. I'm staying here with Thomas." "You're coming, James!" "Fuck you! Thomas isn't my "friend", he's my boyfriend!" Aaron stares at the floor awkwardly.

Thomas puts his arm around my shoulder. "I'm not going! I'm not leaving! I was finally happy, and you just ruined everything! Like you always do! I'm staying here!" "After all I've done for yo-" "You haven't done anything for me! You know nothing about my life! I hate you!" "Go pack." "Whatever."

I hate her. I forgot Aaron and Thomas were here. Aaron just looks shocked. I pull Thomas in for a kiss. "James, go pack, now!"

I shove all my stuff into a single box. "I'm gonna miss you guys." Thomas hugs me from behind. "I'm gonna miss you too, Jemmy." I turn around to face him. I kiss him again. "I love you, Thomas." "I love you too, Jemmy." We kiss again, and now we're both crying.

"It's okay, Jemmy. We still have 3 weeks together." "I guess you're right." I sigh. "I came as soon as I heard." Eliza climbs in through the window. "I have several questions." "Go ahead." "How'd you find my address?" "Not important." "How do you know I'm moving?" "Lucky guess." "And why are you here?"

"I heard the news. And Philip needs a babysitter while I go get the DNA test. James, can you drive me there? I got my license revoked, and everyone else is busy." "Sure?" "Great, let's go!"

"Let me tell you about all the times I cheated on Alexander to have this child." This is going to be interesting. "The guy from Walmart caught me stealing, and he was an employee. So I fucked him behind the building. Don't remember his name though. Or what he looked like."

"And then when we went to Florida for my mom's business trip, we were at the airport, and this guy, Jones Jones Jones, kept hitting on Peggy. So I convinced him to stop wasting his time on Peggy since she was ugly, and he did. We went back to his room at this shitty motel, and we had sex, even though there were 6 other people in the room." 8 people in one motel room? "How old was that guy?" "58." Jesus fucking christ.

"Leslie told me if I fucked him once, he'd do my homework the rest of the semester. So of course I did. Isn't he "King" George's dorm mate?"

"I slept with the subway manager so I could get free food. We did it in his car." "How old is he?" "Like 42 or something, I don't know." I'm going to try to forget that. "The curly haired guy is self explanatory." She sent it to the whole school. I wasn't even there when she did it, Aaron told me about it a while back.

"I was at Jimmy John's and this guy named Anthony called me broke, so we fucked in the back of his car." How the fuck does that work? "He had blueish black hair, and black eyes. That's all I remember about him."

"Me and Angelica did get mugged at Jersey Mike's, but I let him keep the money because we fucked in the dark alley behind the place. His name was Lucas or Luca? He had like charcoal colored eyes, and that's all I remember, other than him telling me I'm a crazy bitch." I wonder why he said that.

"The guy in the Billie Eilish hoodie had black hair. That's all I remember. I don't remember his name, or what we did. I did steal about 600 dollars from him though." She's actually crazy.

"I had sex with the weed kid, Jordan, at a party. I didn't have the money for weed, but I wanted some." How much longer is this drive going to be?

"The real estate guy is named Alec. He's 39." Eliza needs some help. "We needed more time to pay our mortgage. That's all of them!"

"You know James, I'm really gonna miss you. You're my best friend." That came from nowhere. "Yeah, me too."

Thank god, we're finally at the hospital. "Bye!" I drive back home.

*THOMAS POV*

This can't be happening. James is leaving. James comes back in. "Hey Jemmy." He hugs me again. "I'm gonna miss you." "Me too." Aaron had to leave, so it's just us now. We lay down together on his bed. "I love you so much." "I love you too, Jemmy." We start kissing, until James's phone rings.

"Sure, we can come pick you up." He hangs up. "Eliza needs us to pick her up from the hospital." We get in his car, and Eliza is waiting outside, holding a rat? "Why in God's name do you have a rat?" I ask.

"His name is Wisconsin, he's the 49th in my collection, isn't he cute?" "What the fuck?" Alexander gets in with her. "So, Alex, I have 2 things to tell you." "Okay." When did Alex get here? "One, you're actually the father this time!" "Oh my god, that's amazing!"

"Second, I'm having twins! I just now found out! The other's a boy! He's gonna be named AJ, that's for Alexander Junior." "Aw, that's cute." Alexander says. "It's cause you're such a great boyfriend for letting me cheat on you." There's no way she just said that.

"Angela Markellyus Hamilton and AJ Wyoming Hamilton! Wyoming is because James is my best friend and he's moving to Wyoming." "Wait, if you knew the gender of the other baby, how did you not know it was twins?" James asks. "I don't know."

"Wyoming isn't named after your rat who jumped in the deep fryer while you were making fries?" Alexander says. She has more rats? "No. He was one of my least favorites. I fed him to my neighbor, and told him it was chicken tenders. He's like 80 anyway, I doubt he'd be able to tell the difference. He never spoke to me again though. Angelica probably told him." She's a crazy bitch.

"James, were going to my new place, by the way." "Your mom finally kicked you out?" I ask her. "No, I moved out. She got on my nerves, and wouldn't let me keep anymore rats because they always die. So I got my own apartment. It's 10 dollars a week for rent." I can't imagine what kind of place she's living in then.

James drops her off at her house. "Why don't you guys stay the night? I invited Angelica and Peggy too." The apartment complex is a disgusting mess. There's trash everywhere, the building is filthy, and do I hear screams? James takes my hand. "It's great for finding rats, they're everywhere!" Eliza chirps. How is she happy about living here? "Beats staying with Maria in my dorm, it's lovely here!"

Peggy has Philip. "Eliza, you left Philip in the trash can. The garbage truck tried to take him." "Why didn't you leave him?" "Cause I actually care about YOUR child. I still babysit him all the time when you leave him in random places." "Philip is staying with me, and so is Alexander."

"Don't you have a house?" Angelica asks Alexander. He just starts laughing hysterically. "What's so funny?" "You think I have a house? And a family?" "Well, that's pretty sad, why are you laughing?" Peggy asks. He doesn't answer. "Okay...."

"This is my apartment? What do you think?" This place is a dump. There are roaches all over the walls. This is gonna be a long night.