chapter eight

RECAP: After long way home, 'wherever you are' also by 5sos came on. It was such a beautiful song.

I fell asleep to Calum's soft voice.

Rey's P.O.V.:

It was Tuesdays now and I was on my way to work. Tomorrow I was going to hang out with Jai. I was quiet nervous, because I had to sneak out and it's weird hanging out with your bully right ? But I tried to forget all the bully thing because we said we would start over again. I was so lost in my thoughts that I walked past Starbucks. when I realized I took my phone out and pretended to type something while walking back to Starbucks. I walked inside and got in the back changing into my uniform and after that I walked behind the counter and started my shift.

I was so tired, I had only two hours left of my shift and I was so bored. I had nothing to do. I took my phone out and tried to find a distraction. Out of the corners of my eyes I could see a figure standing in front of the counter. I quickly put my phone away and looked up to be greeted by the one and only Jai. A big smile played on his lips and his fingers were tapping against the counter.

"Hey Rey" he said still smiling.

"Hey Jai, what can I get you ?"

"hmmm... just a coffee" he said after thinking hard.

"alright, just sit down somewhere and I will call you when it's ready" I said. He nodded and walked to a lonely seat, sitting down. I took a cup and wrote 'Jye' on it to piss him off. I giggled lightly and did his coffee.

"Jai, your coffee is ready" I said smiling.

he stood up and grabbed his coffee, before paying. He went behind the counter and slowly started to sip his hot coffee.

"what are you doing ?" I asked.

"drinking coffee and hanging out with my friend"

"you can't stay here with me" I said in fear my boss would get angry.

"chill, you have to live more" he said casually.

"alright, just don't touch anything" I said. He nodded still sippig his coffee.

My shift was over and the whole time Jai stayed with me. Sometimes he made some jokes or just fooled around when there were no customers. For ones work wasn't boring.

Me and Jai walked out of Starbucks and just stood there in silence.

"I should go now" I said to him.

"Wait. I'll drive you" He offered.

"No I can take the bus" I said rejecting his offer.

"C'mon, it's the least I can do" he said convincing me.

"alright" I said and we walked together to his car. He walked to the passenger side and held the door open for me. I smiled at him and said a quiet thank you, before getting inside.

He walked over to his side and got in the car, before starting the motor.

For the first few minutes we stayed in silence. some rock music playing in the background.

"Thanks for staying with me today. You made work less boring than usual" I said, breaking the silence.

"Nothing to thank for, I enjoyed it myself. Now I see what I missed all those years" he said, making me blush.

"well, then let's make the best out of the future and forget the bad years" I said, looking at him.

He just nodded with a big smile on his lips.