6

April 27, 1982

Meeting Bella about killed Stevie. The poor girl looked fragile and weak and she was practically skin and bones. Once they introduced themselves all Stevie did was crawl up in the bed with her and held her. They talked about everything under the sun, Stevie's songs, what animals she liked what her favorite foods were, and Stevie answered them honestly and Bella told her the same thing about herself. 

"So how did you and Mr. Buckingham meet?" Bella asks innocently as Stevie holds her. She had crawled in the bed a while ago, pretty much as soon as she got into the room, asking the doctors and her parents, and of course the little girl herself. 

"Oh um...well, we met at a party, and then we liked each other so much that we decided to get married." Stevie smiles as Bella grabs her left hand and starts playing with the little gold band. 

"When you have a baby can you name her after me?" Bella asks

"Bella." Her mother scolds.

"Oh she's okay...you know what, Mr. Buckingham and I haven't talked about having children but when we do, if we have a little girl I'll be sure that she has your name as apart of hers." Stevie nods. Lindsey just stands there his eyes wide. 

Stevie and Lindsey sit with them for about two hours and once Stevie finishes up singing Landslide, Bella turns to her. 

"I can die happy now, I got to meet my idol." Bella gives a giant grin and Stevie's heart shatters. 

All she does is purses her lips and kisses her head before tucking her into bed. Stevie and Lindsey barely make it to the hospital elevator when she just busts out sobbing. 

"I loved that so much but it hurt just as much." She cries as Lindsey just takes her into his arms.

"Their little girl is dying. I know how they feel, I just lost a child, and I..." She just sobs as Lindsey hugs her tightly.

"I'm sorry I even asked," he sighs.

"NO! I'm glad you asked." She states.

"You're an Angel you know that..." He replies.

"What?" She sniffles.

"To Bella, you're an angel sent from Heaven. All she wanted was to meet you and, you let it happen." Lindsey explains as they make their way out of the lobby and Stevie buries her head in Lindsey's chest not wanting the cameras of the paparazzi to get a shot of her crying with her makeup running and everything. 

Security meets them and gets them to their car and then as Lindsey's driving Stevie back to her house, she turns to  Lindsey. "Stay with me tonight?" 

"Is that what you want?" He asks.

"Yes please." She nods.

"Alright, let me go to my house first and you can pick me out an outfit because I don't want to wear the same thing three days in a row." He chuckles. 

***

"Can we just stay here!" Stevie gasps when she sees Lindsey's ocean side condo view.

"You wanna stay here?" 

"I do." This view is everything. I want to wake up staring at that." She points to his view.

"Alright." He chuckles shrugging off his leather jacket. 

"Can I raid your Fridge to make you some lunch?" She questions.

"I don't have much but you can see what you can find." He states.

When she opens the fridge she bites her lip because he's right, he doesn't have much. So she settles for grilled cheese and as they're eating on the couch in the living room, she didn't want to eat on the couch but he did so they ended up eating on the couch, she points to a picture on the wall.

"Who's that?" 

"Oh that's...that's my dad." Lindsey nods.

"Oh right, you inherited his company when he passed away how did he die?" Stevie asks.

"He um...he had a heart attack. He was 45. Can you believe it? I'm 35 it's kind of terrifying." He shakes his head.

"Heart disease is bad but it's not horrible. I have it." She shrugs.

"What?" Lindsey asks.

"Well, I...I never had a heart attack or anything, but my mother, my brother, and I all have a prolapsed heart valve. Virtually I'm fine, except for an irregular heartbeat and shortness of breath but that's about it." She shrugs.

"Aren't you scared though that puts you at a bigger risk for a heart attack." 

"Nah, the way I see it, is whatever is meant to be will be and you can't change anything." She sighs.

"Can you imagine though, like with Bella's parents? Their daughter has a rare cancer of the heart? If it were my kid it might kill me." 

"I know." Stevie nods laying her head on his shoulder he just kisses her head. That causes her to pick her head up and then like a magnet she presses her lips to his. 

They kiss at that awkward angle for a while and then she finally shifts and straddles his lap. She's grinding and he's growing against her and she can't help but let a moan slip past and then he breaks away. He kisses down her jaw to her neck and then he sinks his teeth into a specific spot on her neck and she feels a gush of fluid between her legs and she moans out loudly the night in vegas suddenly flashing back to her. 

Lindsey wasn't hung per se, he was a grower not a shower but when he grew he grew, and at first Stevie didn't think he'd fit but he did. Magically, and he was able to bring her to an orgasm just by vaginal stimulation alone. He did eat her out and brought her to a second orgasm but they fit like a puzzle and Don never once was able to do that to her.

She gasped out as Lindsey started rutting against her and then she started to beg, in breathy moans. "Lindsey please." 

"Steph...are you sure." 

"Yes dammit, you're my husband do the husband thing with me please." She begs. 

He nods and picks her up, her legs wrapping around his waist their food totally forgotten and he takes her into their bedroom and in broad daylight with their windows wide open he stripes her from her dress and they engage in some hot, needy, steamy, sex. 

They make love into the afternoon and then as soon as Lindsey gets off the phone ordering a pizza for dinner because they were both too spent to really move, the phone rings and Lindsey answers it. 

It starts out with "Hey Ray" and Stevie relaxes into the pillows but then Lindsey's face falls and she's on alert, her hand grabbing his bicep. 

"Okay, thanks for letting us know. I'll call you tomorrow." Lindsey hangs up.

"What happened?" Stevie asks rubbing his bicep.

"Bella died, 4:50 pm." He gives a sad smile and Stevie just falls back into the pillow tears rolling down her face and Lindsey just holds her.

"She was so young Lindsey. It's heartbreaking." 

"I know." 

"I wanna go to her funeral." Stevie states.

"You do?" He asks.

"I do, I'm going to sing for them. Please. Tomorrow when you talk to Ray have him bring it to the family. I want to do this for her. Please." Stevie begs.

"Alright, I will." He nods kissing her head.