Chapter 39

Rosé's voice caught in her throat when she first heard Lisa's quiet and raspy voice slowly speak out.

"Babe, I-"

"Come lay with me," Lisa interrupted, moving her arm slightly in a poor attempt to reach the older girl. She winced slightly in pain and looked at her newly bandaged wrist, her eyes widening after realising that Rosé must have seen them.

Slowly, Rosé pulled back the cover and lowered herself down next to Lisa, instantly wrapping one arm around the younger girls body and pulling her close.

"Rosie I ju- I just- t," Lisa's words were stuttered and her whole body was shaking as she felt tears brimming in her eyes. "I- I,"

"It's okay baby," Rosé whispered, swiping the pad of her thumb delicately across Lisa's cheek as a tear dropped down. "We can talk later, yes?" The older girl smiled softly, running one hand through Lisa's hair.

"Okay," Lisa mumbled, gripping onto the hem of Rosé's top and squeezing her eyes shut tight. "What time is it?" Lisa quietly asked, noticing a very slim line of light appearing through the window.

"Nearly six," Rosé replied, shifting around a tiny bit.

"Oh," Lisa muttered, almost inaudibly. After that, both girls remained silent and pretty quickly, both girls had fallen asleep just as the sun was beginning to rise.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Rosé woke up when she felt a sudden movement.

"Lili?" Rosé questioned, blinking her eyes open and glancing around the room, her eyes falling upon Lisa who was sitting on the edge of her bed with her phone in her hand.

"Jagiya, go back to sleep. It's only just gone nine," Lisa quietly spoke, scrolling through the texts that Rosé had left on her phone and realising that the older girl had barely slept.

"Can you come cuddle with me?" Rosé asked, her voice raspy and muted.

"Of course," Lisa hummed, crawling back under the covers and into the older girls arms, still feeling sleepy herself.

Rosé was the first to fall back to sleep, her chest rising and falling in a steady pace as Lisa watched her peaceful figure. Even though Lisa felt tired, she just couldn't fall asleep. Maybe it was the brightness coming through the window, and she made a mental note to get darker coloured blinds, maybe it was the throbbing in her head, maybe it was the irritation in her arm or maybe it was because she was so infatuated with Rosé and hated herself for shooting the older girl down.

Very slowly, Lisa's eyelids began to flutter shut, a firm grip remaining on Rosé's top.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

When Lisa awoke again, she felt slightly cold then realised that she was missing the presence and warmth of Rosé. Just as she was about to stand up, her door slowly inched open to reveal Rosé carrying a tray.

"Oh, you're awake," Rosé smiled softly, placing the tray upon the bed. "Hot chocolate, nutella banana and peanut butter and jelly sandwich," Rosé said, perching at the edge of the bed as Lisa licked her lips hungrily.

"Thank you babe," Lisa smiled softly, planting a small kiss on the older girls cheek. "I love you," She said, taking a small sip from her cup. Hearing the three words slip from Lisa's mouth brought a very small smile to Rosé's lips.

"I love you too," Rosé said back. "I'll be right back," The older girl said, kissing Lisa's forehead and disappearing from the room. Rosé walked back into her room and sat down on the edge of her bed, sighing deeply.