Chapter 48

[M]
----------------------------------------------------------

"Ready?" Lisa asked as she glanced at Rosé whose body was tense from nerves as they stood outside her house. The older girl gave a small nod as she took a deep breath and tapped her fist twice on the door. Thankfully, Alice opened the door.

"Rosé!" She exclaimed happily, just like when they had first arrived.

"Hey Ally," Rosé smiled back.

"Hey Lisa," Alice added, smiling politely at Lisa who gave a small wave in return. "Come in," She said, ushering the two girls inside. "We were literally just about to open presents," She said with a huge smile on her face.

"Alice? Who was at the do-" Clare stopped speaking when her eyes landed on Rosé. "Hello Chaeyoung," She said, her voice solemn. "Lisa," She added, turning away from the two girls.

"Where's Jimin?" Rosé asked, ignoring her mother.

"Upstairs I think," Alice said. "Appa is about to call us all in for presents in a moment so he'll come down," She explained, sitting down on one of the kitchen chairs.

"Oh alright," Rosé said, fidgeting with her bag strap while Lisa shuffled awkwardly from foot to foot.

Then almost as if on cue, Rosé's father called out for everyone to come into the living room so they could open their presents.

And that was Jimin's cue to bound down the stairs, colliding into Rosé.

"Woah! Noona, Rosé!" He happily exclaimed, a bright smile on his face as he pulled his older sister into his embrace.

"Hey!" Rosé said brightly, a huge smile on her face as Jimin pulled her towards the living room with Lisa behind. Rosé's father had the same approach to the two girls as had Clare but Rosé shrugged it off, she was here for Jimin and Alice.

"We're not going to stay for long," Rosé quietly said to Alice who pouted however understood. "Um, can we go first with presents?" Rosé asked nervously as she placed her bag between her feet.

"Sure," Mason sighed, sitting down on his knees.

"So Ally, this is for you," Rosé smiled, pulling out a box wrapped in purple shimmery paper. She handed it to her younger sister who quickly ripped the paper off.

"LANY MERCH!" Alice exclaimed happily. LANY was Alice's and Rosé's favourite band and the youngest Park was addicted to them! The Unnie sent her a set of merch. It included the brand-new album, a sweatshirt, wristbands, stickers, and some other things. She didn't hesitate to pull the sweatshirt on with a huge grin plastered on her face.

"Thank you so much," Alice beamed happily.

"You're welcome Ally," Rosé said, pulling out Jimin's present. It was very flat and the minute that Jimin tore off the paper, his eyes grew ten times wider.

"What the..." He traced his finger over the glass frame which displayed his favourite football team shirt, with all of the players signatures on it.

"Jimin think fast!" Rosé shouted, chucking a ball at her brother which along with the shirt, had all the players signatures on it.

"Thank you so much Rosé!" Jimin shouted, jumping up and hugging his older sister tightly.

"You're welcome," Rosé smiled, happy that her siblings liked her presents. "And erm, this is kind of joint for Mum and Dad," Rosé mumbled, handing the present, which had the same kind of look as Jimin's, to her parents.

Mason pulled of the paper but neither made eye contact with Rosé which Lisa noticed so gently squeezed the Unnies smile in comfort.

"It's lovely darling, thank you," Mason said, holding the frame in his hands which displayed an old family photo of the five of them at the beach.