10

Jiwoo's POV

The wait till Saturday felt like years. I love stargazing. I know so much about constellations and stuff. I always wonder what wonders lie beyond the horizon. I am very much excited about this. This is going to be fun.

All four of us submitted our names on Tuesday. The boys weren't interested. For some reason, I had this strange feeling, so I went to professor Ara instead of V sir. Particularly after what happened in the lab on Monday, I don't dare to face him.

And yet, I have to do it every day. He has started teaching in a new, more explaining sort of way. But the no-nonsense tone has established a firm base in his vocal cords. He asks questions and all. Quite determined to make us win points in the finals, he is.

I also ask much more questions now that I am paying more attention to what is being taught more than ever. I want to win the excellence award of the year now. I didn't care in the past two years but something that day, in the lab, hurt me.

Prof V is disappointed.

For this one reason, I am spending even more time with my books. In the past two days, I did not realize that the color of the sky has changed until Eunmi dragged me out of the dorm.

I might go crazy. But it is worth it.

And today, finally we are going for our little picnic. Although we have been warned that it's not a picnic, the mood is the same anyways.

But Angela has a fever and she is still insisting on coming along. We have been convincing her since morning that she is not fit for going out in the cold. It's October but it's still pretty cold. Even her mother told her not to exert herself. Angela falls sick real quick.

It's almost the reporting time and we are still telling her to reconsider. "I'm fine. Look." She says.

She attempts to walk to the door. Well, she is looking like a zombie. She is already stumbling. We can't let her come.

"Just take a look at yourselves. You are too weak even to drag your body out of the dorm."

"Fine!! I'll stay. But on one condition."

"Which is?" We look at her anticipatingly.

"If I am going to sleep in my cozy cozy bed here, all three of you will drag your asses to the trip."

And how did she know that Eunmi was planning to stay behind for her?

"I knew you planned on one of you staying. So if you want me to plunge myself into blankets get your asses to the bus now. You are going to be late." Angela says.

"Hey...please don't get upset. We don't want to leave you alone here." I say.

"I have known this sacrificing behaviour of yours for two and a half years now. Don't worry about me. All I have to do sleep. I guess I can manage that on my own." She smiles "Now go or I'll kick you out. I am enough strong for that." She winks at us as we sling our bags on our shoulders.

***

"You are late girls." Prof V is standing at the gate of the bus.

"Sorry, sir."

"Get in, fast."

We climb in to find that this bus is for girls only and our supervising teacher is professor V. Are these college authorities mad?

To our bad luck, all the seats are occupied except for the first two. Complete enjoyment plans seem to crash down right from the start. Great.

Eunmi and Sanghee take the second seat and smirk at me evilly. Let me reach there and get down and I will punch them in the face.