22

Jiwoo's POV

The wait till Saturday felt like forever. It was almost the same as when I had waited for the Friday to come when Prof V was coming to the tank building.

However, this excitement was something else. Almost like an obsession, I solved and resolved my queries and finally have reduced the number of problems to 5.

I am so proud of myself.

I am sitting in the library at my usual corner, hidden table, waiting for the professor to show up. I have to wait because I am almost 15 minutes early than the designated time.

He comes and sits down opposite me.

Now see, this specific table is ridiculously small. On this one-meter-sided square table, if two people sit opposite each other then either they read books considerably small in size or one them, sits without a book.

So far, this table was an asset for me as no one came to share it. But today, if Prof V decided to bring some notes of his, we are going to have a hard time adjusting.

And thankfully he hasn't brought anything with him. So all we have is my notebooks spread on the table.

"Annyonghaseyo," I say bowing a bit.

"Annyong. I really don't believe you completed everything." He smiles at me.

"Not everything sir. I have five questions that I did not get."

"Let us see."

I show him my questions, expecting him to frown at my inability to solve them. These questions felt so easy yet each of them took almost 7 pages of solutions before I gave up.

In contrast to my expectations, Prof V is smiling warmly as he looks at the page I show him. Correction. Not just warmly. It's his signature boxy smile.

He looks at me with that smile of his and says "As I was expecting."

"Huh?"

"You brought me the only questions that I was certain you will have a problem in. Before I give you the solutions, let us discuss the questions a bit."

He points at the pages and continues "We will see the first three questions later. The fifth question is mathematically incorrect so it cannot be solved using our physics principles. Now let me see your solution to the fourth one."

He motions his hand forward to hand him my notebook.

He is looking at the page and I, at him.

"See, I am right again. This is a minor mistake most make to get the wrong result." He says without looking up. 

Thank god he did not or I would have been caught staring.

And yes, I get my mistake as well.

"Correct it and solve it completely." He says.

After the correction, it just takes me 2 minutes to get through.

"Very well. Now, the first question." He continues.

Giving me the proper methods to those three questions, he asks me to solve them right there while he sits idly.

Well, he is not exactly sitting idly.

He is staring at the back of my bent head. I can feel his gaze upon me.

And this is frecking uncomfortable.

I still manage to somehow complete one question when he abruptly asks "What are you going to do after college?"

I look up a bit confused at this sudden interruption in my focus "I'll go back to the dorm and maybe...sleep?"