11

(Warning : kinda mature content)

NO POV :

"What was that all abou ?"  Katara worried as Aang closed the backdoor that headed to the backyard.

"No idea... " Suki lied.

"Oh, I'm going to head back to my room." Katara sighed, feeling crushed.

AANG'S POV :

I walked out the back door and saw her say something to the others and left looking sad I just wanted to run back in, apologize and kiss her.

But I didn't because I wanted the proposal to be perfect, I didn't want to ruin any surprises.

So I just sat on the bench soaking myself in the rain, thinking.

An hour later Sokka came outside "Hey, aren't you cold out here ?" Sokka questioned.

"Oh, no not really." I answered truthfully.

I was only thinking about how I should ask Sokka for his blessing.

"Uh, I want to talk to you about something..." I added.

"Sure, what is it ?" Sokka asked. "Basically-" I started.

"Wait, let's go inside. It's cold out here" Sokka chimed in.

"Ok." I agreed.

We walked inside and he made us both some tea uncle Iroh gave us and sat down next to me on the couch setting the two tea cups on the coffee table.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about ?" Sokka quizzed.

"Uhh, I don't really know how to say this so I'm just going to let it out..." I began, "I want to propose to Katara and I'm asking you for your blessing"

"Oh, that's what this is all about. Of course you have my blessing, you have had it for a while and I thought you knew." Sokka addressed.

"Really? Oh my god, I'm so glad" I sighed in relief.

"Yeah, I see how happy you make my sister." Sokka smiled

"Thanks Sokka" I chirped.

NO POV:

A few hours later.

They all gathered into a room all except for Katara.

"So, do you have a ring?" Ty lee asked.

"Yeah, I do" Aang revealed pulling the ring out of his pocket.

"Oh my god, it's so beautiful!" Toph smirked.

"Real funny Toph." Aang chuckled. They all laughed.

"Ok, but seriously. Katara, will love it." Suki promised.

"Thanks Suki." Aang smiled.

"Uh, so Sokka are there any water tribe traditions we should follow " He continued.

"Well not really, Suki and I didn't follow any but if you guys want you can." Sokka explained.

"Oh, well I know you guys might find it dumb but I made Katara a betrothal necklace." Aang confessed, pulling it out of his other pocket.

"That's so sweet" Toph expressed.

"Yeah, it's so pretty too." Ty lee agreed.

Katara walked in and everyone went quiet.

"Hey!" Katara interjected. "Hi" Aang responded.

"Can I talk to you " She asked. "Sure" He replied and followed her to her room.

She closed the door and asked: "What's going on with you?"

"What do you mean?" Aang puzzled.

"You're just so distant and your lying to me. This isn't like you." Katara expressed.

"Lying? I- What?" Aang questioned in confusion.

"I know you were lying to me before, saying that you like the cold weather. I know that you prefer warm weather over cold weather. Plus you always scratch the back of your head when you lie" Katara accused.

"Babe, are you mad at me?" He asked.

"Yeah, actually I am." She answered looking away, "We don't lie to each other."

"Hey, look at me" Aang said putting his hand on her shoulder.

"What?" She quizzed still facing the other way not wanting looking into his eyes.

"I was planning a surprise for you and I didn't want to ruin the surprise." He explained giving in, "But you know me too well, I can't hide anything from you."

"Really? A surprise?" Katara asked finally turning around and looking at him.

"Yeah, besides I can't believe you remember that I like warm weather over cold weather." Aang replied, pulling her in and hugging her.

"What's the surprise ?" She asked hugging her back.

"I can't say, there's a reason why it's called a surprise." He reasoned, "If I tell you then it wouldn't be a surprise."

"Well, I know something that doesn't require any talking." Katara smirked pushing him on the bed and sitting on top of him.

"Oh, really?" He teased. She bit her lip, "Less talking, more doing." She breathed leaning in and kissing him in the lips.

He played along and rolled her over getting on the top making her laugh. He leaned in kissing her neck.

Uhh you know what happens next....  hope you enjoyed this chapter (even though it was a little short) ! Thank you so much for reading this far. :)
Bye <3 Have a great day!
Until next time!

800 words