Chapter 5: Rantaro Steps In

[Art: None]

Rantaros POV

I decide to let Kokichi take his time, yet I feel impatient. I need to help my dying friend no matter the cost.

I stood up from my bed and walked towards my door. But then I heard a loud knock. Quickly opening the door I see a bloody Kokichi. The blood was coming from his mouth and he looked like he was holding it in.

"Kokichi! Come on in, I'll help" I said calmly. I didn't want to worry about him.

His weak body began to walk forward into my room, suddenly he rushed towards my bathroom. It was no surprise, he started to gag. I crouched beside him and started to comfort him.

I began to speak "Kokichi it's about time, I gave you space but this disease is quickly killing you... Who is the person?"

Kokichi gave me a drepressed look "It's... Shuichi" he said in an ashamed tone of voice. I felt bad for him, really bad. The detective is already in a perfect relationship, why would Kokichi want to ruin that?

Gosh, he is so selfless...

************************************
Kokichis POV

Guilt and shame are all I felt. Why couldn't I keep quiet? Why did I show Rantaro? I could have let disease kill me already. The majority of the people here hates me, what did I have to lose?

"I suppose I should step in. My advice to you is started trusting people" Rantaro declared before going towards the desk. I slowly cleaned the mess I made before following his steps.

"Sit down... We need to discuss a plan" he announced. I sat in the chair he pointed at and we began a discussion.

************************************
Shuichi POV

I was training with the couple a helped form, Kaito and Maki. We decided to train early since I wanted to speak with my suspects. Who were they again...?

Iruma...
Amami...
Chabashira...
And lastly, Ouma...

The hints Monokuna wasn't enough. These people are the ones I assume to like the same gender... Yet the second hint just applies to everyone except Chabashira... Maybe I'm wrong? She'll be last on the list.

I finished training and headed towards my room before bumping into someone.

"Woah! Watch where you're going, ya little virgin!" Iruma yelled before I ran into her. Wait, I can use this to my advantage. I guess we'll start with Iruma.
"O-Oh my bad... Hey Iruma-san, can I ask you a question?" I asked politely.
"Yeah sure, I have nothing to do" she responded.
We both began walking with each other I can imagine what were others thinking, 'what a weird pair'

"Iruma... Is there anyone you like?" I asked her.
"Eh!? Why? You think I got the stupid disease!?" She yelled out with a tint of red was on her cheeks.
I responded, "I-I do, may you answer my question?"
"You probably wouldn't want to know... And I don't have the disease! Anyways, see ya later emo freak!" Iruma said before running towards keebo who was a few steps in front of us.

Strange... Why wouldn't I want to know? By this time, the victim would be in pain and Iruma-san looked perfectly fine. I'll cross her off the list for now...

I began walking around the halls before being jump scared by a green-haired male.

"Ah! Rantaro! You scared me..." I yelled out.
"Hah... Sorry about that. I came to ask, how's your relationship with Kaede... Any problems?" He questioned me. Weird, why ask such a thing?

"W-We are doing just great! I mean... Sometimes I feel she's too good for me, y'know?" he seemed to understand.
"Ermm... Why did you come to ask me that?" I asked.
"Oh, well it seemed like a nice question to ask before starting a conversation," he said. It seems like he had a plan... Or maybe I'm just thinking too much. I did get Iruma wrong overall.

We continued the conversation with questions and we shared who was thought the victim was. I got the vibe like he knew something that I didn't, just like when I first met him.

I brushed off the feeling again, I have no suspicious about Amami anymore.

Suspects remain...
Chabashira...
And Ouma...
-
-
-
-
-

Why hello there! I'm glad all of you are enjoying the story so far. I can now work on new chapters, yay! However, the chapters will come out slowly but ill try my best to post weekly! I hope you are all doing great, goodbye!