Friends

The song is Natural by Zayn. Ugh!! It's a vibe. It is so beautiful especially his falsetto. The chorus is amazing. Now while some of you might not like it at the first go, trust me, as you listen to it a couple of times you will LOVE IT!! My guarantee. Do listen to it and give Zaynie a try! Thank me later!!

 The picture is of Raymond.

Rose's POV:

As soon as I came back from school Dave was right there, ready to pounce on me and starting firing questions at me.

"So how was your first day? Anyone troubling you? Should I do anything? Did you make any friends? Was everyone nice to you? Why aren't you answering my questions?"

He stared at me wide – eyed and had a face which was displaying emotions in full force. He had nearly every negative expression on his face – anxiety, fear, panic, anger, despair and sadness. His face was looking very funny with each expression passing by like a slide show. I didn't or rather couldn't say anything and just started to laugh. He looked at me with a confused expression and when realization dawned upon him he gave me an angry-elder- brother look and just said, "I am serious Rose."

I wiped at my tears and said, "Nope. No trouble at all. Everyone was very nice to me and to answer your question about friends I really think it is too early to make any friends so nope, no friends yet."

"Well I am sure you will charm them."

Just when I was about to go to my room I remembered and said, "Oh! By the way. I met this guy named Raymond Stratford and I am very much sure he was not a human. So I guess people in Synique aren't normal after all. The stories maybe true Dave."

Dave stopped whatever work he was going to do and looked at me. He said, "Well we will find out. But who do you think he is?"

"Hmm. Definitely not a Deciphon – there were way too many souls to control. He maybe a Syphilin or...or maybe a vampire. But by the color of his eyes I think he could also be an Aquailis. I guess we should just wait and find out. Anyway I am going early to bed. I am very tired. Good night Dave."

I gave him a hug and went to my bed. I lay in my bed and drifted off to a peaceful, dreamless sleep for the first time since a long time.

The next day I got dressed and drove to school. Today the number of people staring at my car was less. Maybe they were getting used to it after all. I even got a few 'hi' and 'hellos' on the way. I greeted them back with a smile.

My first class was Drama which I knew without doubt was another one of Shakespeare's drama. I was kind of rooting for Romeo and Juliet or maybe A Midsummer Night's Dream. They were two of my most favorite plays.

As soon as I stepped inside the class, a familiar feeling warped me. I turned around the room to find a familiar, kind and gentle yet the deepest set of blue eyes looking in my direction. A gentle smile tugged at his lips. It indeed was him. It indeed was Raymond. He was wearing a black T-shirt and motioned for me to sit next to him. I went and sat next to him. That is when I noticed that he was wearing some sort of a chain or maybe a necklace. Just as I was about to ask him about it our teacher came in signaling the start of the class. 

Raymond's POV:

I was in Drama when I noticed her. Today it was a red color top with a white silk scarf and a pair of white jeans. It really highlighted the color of her eyes. She was looking heavenly with her silky brown hair tied in a braid, though I like her hair flowing. I motioned for her to sit next to me. She gave me a smile – man! Her smile was amazing and she actually did sit next to me. She gave a quick glance at my neck but before she could ask anything Mr. Ostward started the class. It was Romeo and Juliet. I really was not paying any amount of attention because I didn't understand the plot no matter how many times I read the play. I do not understand why Juliet did not go away with Romeo when he was banished from Verona. I gave a quick glance towards Rose and saw that she was paying a lot of attention and was even smiling. She was imagining the play. I was watching her and she didn't even realize it. She was lost in her own world listening to the dialogues. I couldn't listen to even one word that the Professor – which was unusual because I usually listen to at least something he used to speak. But today I couldn't concentrate on anything except the girl who was sitting next to me.

After Drama we did not have any other class common but I did drop her to her Biology class as she forgot the route. On the way I asked her, "You know in Drama class, I watched you for a sec, you were like completely absorbed in the lecture and there was a small smile on your face. May I know why, if it doesn't offend you, that is?"

She gave me a smile (one day I was sure to die because of her smile itself) and spoke in that honey-like voice of hers, "I really like the story of Romeo and Juliet. It is just so fascinating. I mean the kind of bond, the kind of love between them is so pure. She loves him so much that she is ready to die for him and his love is so intense that he cannot think of living without her. They are both ready to die for each other and that kind of love is rare, very rare. That is something I love the most about this story."

"But I do not understand one thing – if she loved Romeo so much, she could have gone away with him when he was banished from Verona but she didn't. Why?"

"That is because she was faithful to her parents and doesn't want to upset them. She respects them and hence cannot even think of committing such a heinous crime."

"But by marrying Romeo she was already upsetting her parents."

"Maybe yes, but that would be temporary. Love has no barriers. She did not commit a crime by falling in love with Romeo or by marrying him. Love is such. Love is not a curse but a blessing. But by running away with him she would betray her parents. She was so loyal to both her parents and to Romeo, that she thought death was better."

As she explained this, all pieces fit together and suddenly the plot of the story was understandable. I dropped her to her class. Upon reaching the class she turned around, fixed her eyes on me and said, "So, I am guessing we shall meet in lunch. Are we friends?" Saying so she extended her hand for a handshake.

I shook her hand, gave a tender smile and said, "Friends. Now you better be off else Ms.Harper will so not be pleased."

With that and a small smile we parted.

God I so wish we were more than friends. Maybe someday.

(A/N): Who is Raymond? Also, how do Rose and Dave know so much about other species? Who are they? Do you think Raymond and Rose could be more than friends? Keep reading to know.

Did you guys like the song? I sure as hell LOVED it.

Vote and comment!!! Thank you! Happy reading!! :)