Surprises and Shocks

Today's song is Talk to Me by Zayn. It is a pop song which is kind of away from his usual R&B genre. It is really good, doesn't have many of those "Zayn notes", but is still good. Enjoy. Thank me later!!!

Raymond's POV:

I looked at the guy who screamed at me. How dare he! I looked at him and felt anger from inside me. I was seeing red. I think my eyes had started to change their color because I heard Kate gasp. Rose and that another guy seemed calm enough. Did neither of them think this was scary? Rose held a hand up as though calming a wild animal.

She said, "Ok Ray. Calm down I will explain. Give me a chance to."

I took a deep breath and my vision returned to normal. I said, "Fine. Explain."

"Let us go home first. It is neither appropriate nor safe to discuss about it here."

"Fine."

"Drake wanna come home?"

Why was she inviting him?

I asked Rose, "Why the hell are you inviting him?"

She just looked at me and then at Drake. He just nodded. I could feel the anger rising back to the surface but I wouldn't let it get the better of me. As we went back near the river, we saw that nobody had really noticed that we had gone. Lily spotted us and smiled. When none of us smiled back, she appeared confused. Then she looked at Drake smiled and waved her hand a little in his direction.

He smiled and walked towards her. As I took a step forward, Rose stopped me with her hand. I looked back at her but she just shook her head and looked at them. When he reached Lily, she hugged him fiercely and had a bright smile on her face. So even Lily knew him. He hugged her back. She said, "Welcome back. It's nice to see you Drake." Tears sprung in her eyes as she said this.

The ride back home was very silent. The air surrounding us was tense. You could literally cut the tension with a knife as it was so thick. As we reached home Dave greeted us at the door but as he looked at our faces he did not speak anything. As Rose passed him, she stopped and seemed to say something to him but I couldn't quite figure it out. They just looked at each other but didn't say anything. That's strange. After sometime she nodded at him and came inside.

We all took a seat and Rose started to explain, "So, let me start by telling you about my true identity." She took a deep breath and started, " My name is Citena Rosaria McKanner. Rose is my nickname and I cannot tell my name is Citena for very obvious reasons, which I think you know. We have to keep our identity hidden, right? In case you don't know what I am talking about -"

Raymond interrupted me and said, "Wait a minute! You are The Citena Rosaria McKanner?"

"Yes. I am her only. I am Raven Robert McKanner's daughter. My parents – Raven Robert McKanner and Reesha Emily McKanner – create everything including the universe, and me and my brother Rexhon Davis McKanner control and protect everything in the universe. If there is anything going on - like fights between planets or even within the planet then we sought it out."

"Ok. So basically you and Dave are the Lord and Lordess of the Universe?"

"...Yes, you can say that."

"That's so cool. My friends are actually divine. Can I call you my friends?"

"Of course. But no, we are not divine or anything. We are just normal people like you guys. Just because we are the ultimate controllers of the universe doesn't mean we are any different."

"Wait, what do you mean the ultimate controllers?"

"What I meant was that every planet has that one guardian or that one protector who is assigned to protect and control everything which is happening on that planet. They are the protectors but we are the ones that assign them that job. So...we are the ultimate protectors."

"Oh ok. Like that."

"So, Ray, I told you earlier that today is the day you will get some answer to your question about Jasmine. Do you remember it?"

I nodded my head and she continued, "Well here are your answers. Jasmine is no ordinary human. She was a Deciphon."

Evan interrupted her and asked, "What is a Deciphon?"

"A Deciphon is a species. They possess nearly all the qualities of a vampire. Super senses, super speed, great strength etc. The only difference is that while you guys feed on blood they feed on the souls of other species. Vampires don't necessarily kill whom they feed on but Deciphons do."

Evan was shocked and said, "Oh ok. Continue."

Rose then asked me, " Does Evan know the story. About my past, I mean?"

"Yes."

"Ok so, Jasmine was a Deciphon. Do you guys remember Jack?"

When we nodded she continued, "She worked for him. She was here with Drake. She was here to kill Kate."

"Wait, I think I didn't hear you right. Did you say 'to kill her'?"

"Ya, you heard it right. She asked Drake to do the task as if she would try to do it then she knew I would stop her. But if she asked Drake to do it, she knew I couldn't stop him."

"Why? I mean I don't think he is that strong that even you cannot stop him."

She hesitated for a second before answering, "No, he is not that strong, but I couldn't kill him. She knew that I didn't have the emotional strength to kill him and so she asked him to do it. Drake didn't want to kill her. He didn't even want to work with Jack."

"Then why was he working with him?"

I saw that she looked a bit guilty when she answered that question. As soon as Drake noticed this, he held her hand. She relaxed a bit and answered, "Because he was asked to work with Jack. He was working with him to collect information about him and pass it to me or Dave. But he was obliged to Jack and connected to him by a bond. In order to sever that bond, Drake had to wound anyone related to Jack and I happened to be there so...yeah."

"He wounded you?"

Okay, now I was so angry.

"I asked him to Ray, so it's fine. Anyway, since she couldn't kill Kate, Jasmine was about to kill you by sucking your soul out. If I hadn't killed her in time, then you wouldn't be here in front of us."

I was shocked. After a moment or two I regained my voice and said, "Then I really need to thank you Rose. Thank you so much."

She just smiled at me and said, "It is fine. You don't need to thank me. It was my duty."

After that we all felt sleepy so we went to sleep. I tossed and turned but couldn't sleep so I went to the balcony. Today's day was...hectic to say the least. Rose..she is quite literally a Lordess. Oh my God! Though she is friendly with me, I shouldn't get to her bad side. The moon was shining brightly. As I looked around at the garden and spotted two figures which I immediately recognized – Rose and Drake. What were they doing together so late in the night?

I couldn't hear what they were speaking which was strange. My hearing range was very strong. Something was definitely odd and I was going to find out what.

(A/N): Just what?? Rose is basically the controller of the Universe?? Oh my God!!! Is Ray jealous of Drake? Why did Jasmine want to kill Kate or Raymond? What powers does Rose possess?Keep reading to find out.

So... how was today's song??

Vote and comment.Thank you so much!!

Happy reading!!! :)