ch 26; Ordon village

Link sighs exhausted when he finally reaches Calatia.
Okay, perhaps he shouldn't complain since Epona did the hard work and let him ride onto her.
But just getting there took him almost three days on horseback.
Link let's Epona rest in a stable while he is about to enter the castle.
But the bridge into the castle wasn't opened.
And there was no way he would be able to jump over the water and climb the high walls.
He sighs deeply and facepalm himself.
How will he be able to ask them where Medilia lives?!
Asking each hylians around the cities and villages will take time.
Time he doesn't have. Or at least will use for a 'maybe'.
Suddenly someone clears its throat behind him and startles him.
He swallows sharply and turns around with a shocked look written on his face.
"Y-yes?" He asks and sees an old woman with crocked back.
" The king has disappeared since weeks ag-...oh!" She jolts and peers her eyes onto Link as she recognises him.
Link tilts his head curiously. The king is gone?
"It's you! You are back" She shouts surprised.
"Eh?"
" Oh... Miss Medilia will be relieved of knowing you are fine"
Link gasps.
"You know who Medilia is?!" He asks impatiently and bends his legs a bit to places his hands onto her shoulders.
The old woman tilts her head confused and clears his throat.
"Of course... She is your mo-... Oh wait... With a closer look you aren't the one I thought you were..." She says disappointed and lower her shoulders while she sighs.
Link tilts his head confused.
"Who did you thought I am?" He asks and takes away his hands from her shoulders and stands up.
"Her son" She shrugs.
Link starts getting more and more confused of the situation.
He clears his throat.
"Where can I find Medilia? I-... I have some questions"
The old woman starts humming as she tries remembering the name of the village Medilia lives in.
"If I'm not mistaken myself... I think she lives in ordon village to the south from here"
Link nods smiling.
"Great! Thank you very much"
The woman gets silent and is eyeing Link closely.
"You do really look like Link..."
Link chuckles.
" Of course! I'm Link! The Great swordsman and hyrule's champion" he waves off while he turns around and is already on his way to run away.
"Hyrule?...." She asks behind his back and sees how the young man runs happily against the stable there he lefted Epona.

Link is dashing through the field with a smile.
"I deeply apologies Epona for making you to work today too" he tells her and gets a neigh as response.
Suddenly a fire keese aims Link as its prey and flies against him from front.
Link blinks his eyes surprised of seeing the one eyed bat creature who seems being on fire. Or 'in fire' is perhaps a better describing.
With a grin Link pulls out his bow and aim his arrow against the monster's eye.
He knows by now, if the monster have one big eye, it must be its weakness.
He let's his arrow flies through the sky and hits its target.
The bat shrieks and falls heavily onto the ground there it at last disappear into nothing.
"Yass!"

It almost dusk when he enters the ordon village and he yawns tired when he jumps down from Epona.
He starts taking some steps while he yawns with his palm in front his mouth.
"HEEEEEY-...WATCH OUT!!!" someone suddenly shouts and make him to look around him.
Suddenly he spots a big goat heading against his way.
Link wides his eyes terrified and rolls against the side to avoid getting hitted of the animal.
A muscular man pants heavily and stop running when he is by Link.
"I'm sorry for that..." he wipes his sweaty forehead with his quite big hand and glances against Link.
"HEY!" He shouts and stands upright.
Link jolts and stares shocked and a bit nervous at the much taller man.
"Link! If you were here... Then why didn't you caught that goat?!" He asks and clicks his tongue frustrated while his gaze is looking against the wood there the goat headed.
Link drops his jaw shocked.
"What?! Do you expect me to catch that animal?! I could get smashed..."
The man snorts while he shakes his head.
"Of course I do! I have trained you to do this since you were young..." he shrugs before he grunts.
"Gosh... I hate entering the woods... And it has starting to get dark..." he sighs.
Link raises his eyebrows.
"Wait!?"
The man tilts his head asking and is looking at Link.
"Does there exist another Link than me?!"
The man raises his eyebrows and starts scratching his nose bone with his index finger.
His nose is pretty big and the first thing you notices when you are looking at his face.
"Oh!?" He wides his eyes surprised.
"You aren't Link?!... When you mention it... You are actually shorter than him and more feminine..."
Link grits his teeth frustrated.
"I'm not a girl!!!" He whines and crosses his arms.
The man starts laughing shyly and rub his own hair with his hand.
"Sorry..."
Link snorts.
"Beside... I'm Link too.. Just not your Link" he adds.
The man nods.
"I'm Fado... The rancher" he tells him and reaches out his hand against Link.
Link smiles.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Link, Hyrule's champion" he greets and grabs the other man's hand and make a handshake while the village's Mayor approach them from behind.
"Oh! Are you from hyru-..le..."
"Again Fado?!" The Mayor with big stomach and wild boar grazing below his nose to the sides of his chins says.
Fado jolts and turns around. Chuckling nervously with his hand rubbing his back head .
"I deeply apologies for that, Mayor Bo..."
Link is eyeing the man curiously. He has never seen a hylian with gazing as it was a hylian mixed with a wild boar.
Suddenly the Mayor jolts when he notices Link behind the muscular Fado.
"Oh!..." he turns around a bit with his palm by his mouth.
"Ilia!!! LINK IS BACK" he shouts.
Both Link and Fado tense since they doesn't want to make a ruckus of the big misunderstanding of which Link, Link is.
Both of them starts waving their hands.
"NO NO... he isn't Link"
"NO NO.... I'm not your Link"
The Mayor hums confused and turns against them while a door opens and a young girl with short sandy coloured hair walks out.
"You're not?!" He asks while Ilia runs against them.
Link shakes his head.
Ilia is about to throw herself into Link's bosom when she suddenly spots Epona who is soaked in sweat.
She flinchs while she grits her teeth before she stared accusal at Link.
Link jolts by her stares.
" You let Daishi work hard again! Didn't you!?" She barks and points her finger at Link while she walks the few steps she had to him.
Link gulps and starts going backward.
Mayor Bo chuckles nervously.
"Ilia don't!..." he starts saying before she stares pissed at him.
"Father! Don't fawn him... He has pushed Daishi too hard again" She tells her father before she stares at Link again.
"I do not care that you haven't been here for a long time... But... If you are hurting Daishi I will let you know... And as I can see you have'd pushed her too much"
Link chuckles nervously. He has never seen a woman being that frightening as she is.
"I know I have pushed her too much... I have already apologised-..."
"Hah! So, you are admitting your crime?!"
Link keeps chuckling nervously while Mayor Bo sighs with his head leaning against his palm.
"Ehm... But her name is Epona..."
"I-...eh what?" Ilia lower her finger and tilts her head.
"What did you just said?" She asks and blinks confused while other villagers walks against them.
Link shrugs.
"My horse's name is Epona... Not Daishi..." he clears his throat and notices how villagers are gathering around them.
"I'm not the Link you knows... I'm Link from hyrule castle... I came since I wanted to ask a woman some questions, her name is Medilia" he explains with a louder voice. Making sure people around him hears and understands he isn't their Link.
The villagers starts mumbling.
Ilia raises her eyebrows.
"You are not-..." She mumbles before she starts blushing.
"Oh!...I'm sorry" She apologies and bows.
Link exhales snorting and smiles gently.
"It's fine... Even though you were pretty creepy..."
Ilia jolts and grits her teeth while she clenches her hand and stares at Link.
"What did you said?!"
Mayor Bo starts laughing and pushed himself between Link and Ilia.
"Never mind my daughter"
"What?!" Ilia shouts and seems pissed of getting interrupted by her father.
The Mayor smiles gently down at Link.
"So... You want to meet Medilia?"
"Um" Link nods.
The Mayor tilts his head and crosses his arms.
" Why? What brings you here?"
Link inhales deeply and exhales sharply.
" I... I want to know if she is my mother" he admits.
The silence hits him as a punch in his gut and the hylians closed to him stares shocked at him.
Ilia pushes herself in front her dad.
"What? No way! Medilia has only one child...And it's-..." She disagree before her father silence her by holding a hand in front her face. She jolts.
"Hmm...I see... Judging by your look it wouldn't be something impossible..." Mayor Bo starts caressing his chin thoughtfully.
"I mean... You look like the Link we knows... And since You looks more feminine than him, you actually look like Medilia..." he hums thoughtfully while Link pouts a bit of hearing he is looking like a girl again.
But he shakes of that since his hope starts increasing of hearing they thinks he looks like Medilia and her son.
And if she is his mother... Does that mean he also has a brother?!
His heart starts beating excited.
Mayor Bo glances against Ilia.
"Can you take him to Medilia while I help Fado with finding the goat?" He asks his daughter who nods.

Link and Ilia walks beside each other there she holds Epona's bridle.
"I'm feeling pretty stupid of not seeing the difference between you and Epona with Link and Daishi " She chuckles.
Link smiles softly.
"Don't worry... Everyone makes mistakes...Beside... It wasn't only you who made that mistake" he shrugs.
Ilia rubs her lips thoughtfully together.
"So... You are from hyrule castle?"
"Um" Link nods.
" I grew up as the Princess's personal knight" he tells her.
"Oh..." She looks against the side of her there Epona is walking and starts daydreaming.
"Do you have a girlfriend there?" She suddenly asks and starts blushing.
Link tilts his head.
"No-..." he answers and sees a relieved smile on her face.
"But I have a husband..." he adds.
Ilia jolts and stops walking.
"What?! You too?!
Link stops walking as well and is looking backwards against her.
"What do you mean?"
She shrugs and looks down onto the ground.
"Well... ehm... Our Link has a husband too"
He has?" Link asks and tilts his head curiously.
She nods and sighs.
"Yeah... The missing king is his husband" She snorts and start walking.
"The king!? Wow... It's kind of like me... I'm married to the Zora Prince" he smiles and starts walking.
Ilia is looking asking at him.
"It would be pretty impressed if you two are actually brothers who turned out to have similar life... I mean... Two gay brothers who ended up with royals as your husbands?!"
Link nods.
At last Ilia stops in front a house.
"We are here... Medilia lives there" She tells him and points against the house.
Link's heart skip a beat and he swallows nervously.
Finally he will get the chance to know his probably mother.
Hopefully she is the one and tell him the truth...

I know the chapter sounds pretty confusing... But since I need a good explanation for the sequel (Yeah, I'm going to make a sequel! X'D), then I need writing this and make a version of Twilight princess :P
I'm actually looking forward to add WolfLink and I'm hoping you are looking forward too~ (But he won't show up until the next book)