ch 30; the beginning of the war

Link stares shocked at Zelda and the king when they have'd told their plan of the war.
Link, Sidon, Revali and Jonas had walked into the throne room to listen on the king and their princess.
Link shakes his head.
"No! We can't fight against them... They are living creatures as us... They aren't monsters" Link protests.
The king clears his throat while Zelda is looking with pity on Link.
Zelda takes a step forward and is looking straight at him.
" I understand your feelings Link... But..." She sighs deeply.
" I can only promise you this... We won't be the one who attack first...But! We must defend ourselves... If the Zoras are attacking us, we must put up a fight and attack back"
Link nods slowly. He would be selfish if he let his own people die since he doesn't want attacking the Zoras.
Zelda is glancing against Sidon who seems having his own fight in his mind.
"Are you okay with this, prince Sidon?"
Sidon jolts and nods.
"Yes princess, I'm alright with this..."
Zelda nods.
"Good... Then we have nothing more to talk about than get ready to defend ourselves and the people of hyrule, I believe in you and may Goddess Hylia keep an eye on you..."
The group nods and start walking out from the throne room.
"Link..." Zelda suddenly says and get Link to stop turning around and look asking at her.
"Can I talk with you? Alone?" She asks.
Link nods and starts following her when she starts walking into another room of the castle.

Link is looking asking at Zelda when they are standing in the big dinning hall.
"What do you want to talk about?"
Zelda smiles gently against him and shrugs shyly.
"I just wanted to ask you if you found your mother... I know this isn't the right time for small talk...But I wanted at least know what you found out" She explains and run a hand through her blond hair.
It looks as she has a white blouse with a blue sweater outwardly. Black skinny jeans with high waist, and brown kneels long boots.
Link grins and can't stop chuckling of the random question in the middle of the upcoming war.
"Yeah... And she told me pretty much everything... "
Zelda lits up.
"Oh? That's make me really happy to hear... Congratulations Link"
"I even found out I have a twin brother..."
"A brother?!" Zelda asks with a high-pitched voice and raises an eyebrow.
link nods.
"Yeah... But sadly he seems being disappeared..." he says and looks down on the floor with check pattern.
"Oh... That's awful... But..." Zelda clears her throat.
" Did your mother told you who your father is? Or was...." She asks.
Link is looking at her and smiles.
"Yes! And we have'd right"
Zelda makes a giggling sound of happiness.
"I knew it!"

They are walking out from the castle against the hyrule field there the soldiers are waiting for them in the darkness there some of them are holding torches and places them down into the ground.
Zelda glances against Link from the side.
" Since Sidon is a Zora too... Make sure he is by your side during the war" She suddenly begs.
Link jolts and stares shocked at her.
"B-but! He would never betray me and attack us..." he protests.
Zelda shakes her head.
"I didn't meant that... I'm more afraid some of the soldiers would turn their back to him and attack him out of fear since he is a Zora too"
Link inhales understanding and starts humming thoughtfully.
"Okay... I will try keep an eye on him and make sure no one attacks him"
Zelda nods grateful.
"Thanks... I do not want your husband killed since he is our friend..And beside... If we kill him, the Zoras will never forgive us and the war won't end...."
Link nods slowly while his eyes starts looking around in the hyrule field.
The hyrule's soldiers seems nervous and holds their sword hardly and pretty clumsy.
And he hears footsteps of hundreds soldiers walking against them.
The Zoras are getting closer and closer with Zora spears in their hands.
It seems as the Zoras are more in numbers than the hylians Soldiers. Almost in the double size.
The Zora soldiers have fun looking helmets who look like a fish who tries eating their heads.
You can only see the soldier's chin under the helmet.

Both Link and Zelda push through the big group of hyrule soldiers.
In front line stands Sidon, Jonas and Revali, waiting for them to arrive.
Sidon smiles gently and nervously at Link.
"There you are hon... I thought you dumped me" Sidon jokes and his smiles turns into a crocked smile while he swallows sharply.
Link snorts smiling.
"No way... I need you to take care of the children for me" he teases back.
Revali rolls his eyes while he snorts.
"Lovebirds... It's no time with jokes... It's war and we must be serious... Hyrule needs us"
Jonas nods.
"He has right... We must keep our focus on our enemies"
Link furrows his eyebrows bothered of the situation there they must attack the Zoras.
He glances against Zelda.
"Can't we at least trying to talk with them?" He begs her.
Zelda opens her mouth to answer but Link keeps talking.
" I mean... Sidon is their prince and perhaps the king will stop attacking us since his own son begs him to stop the pointless war"
The people closest to them are looking asking at Link and Zelda.
Zelda gulps.
"If he wants to try..." She answers and is looking asking at Sidon who stands beside Link from the other side than Zelda stands.
"But honestly... I don't think that will work..." She adds.
Link turns his face against Sidon.
"Will you try talking with your father?" Link asks.
"Ehm..." Sidon wides his eyes and tighter his grip of his silver trident. The sky blue cloth with yellow lines tied around the trident, tickles his hand when the chilly wind is passing by.
Sidon's heart starts beating faster and harder.
There is no way his father will listen now.
Sidon sighs when he sees Link's asking face.
"I think Zelda has right... There is no point in trying arguing with the king... But I can give it a last try" he shrugs and starts walking forward against the Zoras who stand about one hundred meter away from them.
Zelda is looking against Revali.
"Revali... Get ready with helping Sidon with your bow and arrows if the Zoras start attacking him"
Revali stares shocked at her before he nods and pulls out an arrow in case he needs it.

The Zoras start getting nervous when they see their prince walking against them.
They doesn't want to attack Sidon at all. He is meant to be their future king when the current king can't do his duties as king and leader anymore.
The soldiers standing nearest to the king there some Zoras are pulling him on a big wagon with wheels, are looking asking at him.
"Your highness... What should we do? We can't attack your son... He is the Prince of Zora's domain"
King Dorephan snorts.
"That betrayer isn't my son... Whatever you do... Don't hurt my beloved daughter's children" The king tells them coldly and glares at Sidon who comes closer and closer to them.
The king is behind every soldier he took with him.
When Sidon is close enough to speak with them and enough far away to run away if he needs, he stops walking.
"FATHER AND EACH ZORA, I BEG YOU, SURRENDER AND LEAVE US ALONE... WE DON'T WANT TO FIGHT TONIGHT AND NEITHER DO YOU" Sidon starts shouting.
The Zora King stands up and make each people on the field to jolt and inhaling surprised.
"SIDON... YOU AREN'T MY SON ANYMORE... BUT SINCE MY DEAR DAUGHTER, PRINCESS MIPHA LOVED YOU, I WILL GIVE YOU A CHANCE... STAY OUT FROM THE WAR AND WE WON'T KILL YOU... IF YOU DON'T DO THAT, WE WON'T HOLD BACK... "
Sidon gasps and can't helping with getting tears in his eyes. Why can't his father love him? Why isn't he enough as Mipha was?
"FATHER-..."
King Dorephan glares at him with cold eyes as he was looking at a stranger.
"I GIVE YOU A MINUTE TO WALK BACK TO THE HYLIANS OR RUN AWAY... THEN WE WILL ATTACK YOU" the king warns and sits down on the big chair on the wagon.
Sidon inhales crying and turns around while a single tear flies into the air from escaping his eyes.
He starts walking back to Link's side.

Link tries his best to not looking with pity on Sidon. He doesn't want to add some salt in the wound the king caused him.
"You don't have to fight... You can go back to the children and be with them and Cédric and Siri..." Link tells him while he keeps his eyes on the Zoras in front them.
Sidon inhales gasping and is looking shocked at Link.
"No! I want to be with you... I must make sure you will be alright" Sidon protests.
Link smiles softly while his heart starts beating loudly and the sweat starts running down along his spine even through it's cold outside and he is only dressed in lightly clothes.
"Likewise... I won't let anything happening with you" Link chuckles nervously.
Suddenly the Zora king shouts;
"AAAAAATTAAAAACK"
The Zora soldiers shout while they are dashing against the hyrule soldiers.
Zelda points with her whole arm against the Zoras.
"Archers... Get ready with you bows and wait on my orders"
Some of the Knights pulls out their bow. Even Link and Revali pulls out their bows.
Zelda furrows her eyebrows and tries find the right time to tell her people to shoot down their enemies.
"NOOOW" She shouts and lower her arm.
Arrows starts swishing through the air and attacking the enemies as painful and deadly rain.
Some Zoras grunts loudly when they gets hitted by arrows and falls dead onto the ground, there their friends are tramping onto their corpse.
Their blood starts colouring the ground blue since their blood isn't red as hylian's.
Even though they had fallen soldiers they keep running against Link and the other.
When they are about twenty meters away from Zelda and her people she pulls out her two shorter swords.
"Soldiers changes into swords and get ready with close combat"
The metallic sound from the soldier's swords from pulling them out from their scabbard reaches her ears.
"MAY GODDESS HYLIA GUIDE US... LET US RESCUE HYRULE" Zelda shouts with one sword into the air.
The other soldiers point their swords up into the pitch black sky.
"YEEEEAAAAAH-" they screams before they starts running against the Zoras.

Link swallows hardly and glances quickly at Sidon.
"I will keep your back safe..."
Sidon nods.
"And I will protect you no matter what"
Link smiles before he starts running with his master sword in one hand and the shield in the other hand.
"HIYAAH-..." he shouts with determined eyes at his targets.
No matter what. He must make sure nothing happens with Sidon or his friends.

Oh gosh... The book starts reaching the end x'D I can't understand how I'm soon finished with this book:O
Lucky me (and perhaps you guys) the book will get a sequel, pjuu... which means the story isn't over even though this book is about to end soon xD
I hope you have got entertainment of the story and are looking forward to the second book~