2.9

"nal bomyeo utgo isseo sunjinhan geu eolgullo

"nal bomyeo utgo isseo sunjinhan geu eolgullo."
- new (chanhee)

°

The doctor walked out with a frown, "I'm sorry. We did the best we could." They bowed and left.

Tears rushed into Hyemi's eyes. She fell onto her knees. Tears ran down her face but she couldn't even peep a sound.

"Hyemi.."

She slowly wiped her tears that came onto her chin. "It was your group huh? You guys killed my mom?"

Younghoon shook. He never poisoned her so he hadn't understood why she died. "Why would we?"

"Because my biggest treasure is my mom.."
"TAKE EVERYTHING YOU WANT! TAKE MY HEART BUT OUT OF ALL THINGS," she choked on her breath, "out of all things.. why my mom..?"

Her mom had been there for her forever, even after her dad left, her mom never gave up. She constantly fed Hyemi and gave her a nice place to live in. Finally when Hyemi grows up, she aspires to be as her mom. Helping children, being nice to those who deserve it, and never leaving the people she loved.

She looked up to Younghoon with her teary eyes. "Is this what you wanted?" Her voice barely came out. "Tell me, is this what you guys wanted? Did you burn down the orphanage just to kill my mom?"

Younghoon shook his head, "I never di-"

"Was it your friends then?"

He looked down in embarrasement he wished he had said no but he couldn't. It just was impossible for him to lie, especially to Hyemi.

Hyemi got up, wiped her tears, and saw her mother for one last time and walked out the room.

"Tell your friends I don't want to see them again, same goes with you. If we ever meet eye contact, I will kill you or them." With that, she walked out coldheartedly.

°

That's when it had repeated. Her mysterious schedules. Masquerade Party, was on the list once again. Sangyeon pkaced the scent on him and carried a gun in his pocket.

He walked into the ball and looked around for Hyemi. "She must like mysterious things," He mumbled to himself.

That's when the melody was played. The same melody Kevin had remembered bu Sangyeon and Sunwoo didn't. He gripped on his gun and walked into the garden.

Wilted flowers, dead butterflies, and black roses surrounded a girl in a black dress. She was sitting and looked down. Her dress formed a circle around her as well. Sobs were coming from her as the melody continued to play. Her melody was like a signal that only Sangyeon was able to give out.

Hyemi looked up into Sangyeon's eyes. His heart broke.

"Sangyeon-ah!" A girl yelled out. Sangyeon turned around with a smile and stopped walking in his track. She ran up to him and held her hand.

"You're looking cute today~" Sangyeon sang and pinched her cheek.

"Call me cute and I'll shoot you." She threatened and glared at him.

"With what?" Sangyeon laughed.

"My love." The girl replied with a smile.

The girl's features were similar to Hyemi's, especially that smile. It was annoying to him. Why did that girl suddenly pop into my mind when she meant nothing to me? He thought. The sharp pain continued. Ignoring the pain, he pulled out his gun and pointed at her.

"This ends now, Kang Hyemi."