Chap 1

Third person's point of view

"Come on, Kuroo-chan!!" Obito shouted as he yanked his cousin after himself. Kuroo could have easily stopped Obito from dragging her behind him, but he wanted to participate in a little jutsu contest and impress the girl he has a crush on; Kuroo didn't really care only went with because she had no training that day.

"Obito, you don't need to pull," she said, and he turned and gave her a cheeky grin, "Sorry, Kuroo-chan," he said. Arriving at the little contest, Kuroo stood with Rin, one of Obito's friends and his childhood crush. She and Rin didn't really talk much as neither girl had much in common with the other. "So, your here to cheer on Obito as well?" Rin asked.

"Not really, he's my cousin, so he just drags me around," Kuroo said, not meeting Rin's eye as Kuroo watched Obito make such a weak fire attack. Feeling disappointed at the outcome, she almost left before the announcer called for the last contestant—a boy with silver hair and a mask. Kuroo had seen him around, but they never talked.

"Hatake Kakashi-kun," the announcer introduced, to which Kakashi unleashed a marvellous earth-styled jutsu. Feeling the need to give it a go, she announced herself when asked if anyone else would like to go. Stepping to the stage, she wanted to show that the fire style was a lot more than a cough of smoke and a few tiny flames.

So doing the same jutsu as Obito, she aimed over everyone's heads and let it loose. Tying for the first place prize, Kuroo looked at it and didn't really see anything special. "I don't care. He can have it." She said, then stepped off the little stage, knowing that Kakashi was glaring at her. Rejoining Rin and Obito, she was met with awe-struck expressions.

"How did you get so strong?!" Obito gasped. Kuroo shrugged, "mmh-hm," she said, not at all making an effort to go into detail. Fainting interest in Obito's plans for later, Kuroo excused herself.

***

Finding a training field not being used, Kuroo used one of the thick trees to practice her throwing skills; paranoia seeping in a bit, she set up a few layered Genjutsus. She didn't need even 2% of her Chakra to know that Kakashi was watching her. Him moving closer triggered one of the traps and with him stuck, she moved to stand before him.

Clapping her hands before his face released the layers of jutsu, she hid and let a clone continue practicing as she sat back and watched him; Kakashi blinked back into focus and looked around. Nothing was out of place, save for the fact that now he felt like he was being watched. But he couldn't tell from where, his nose wasn't picking anything up,

And Kuroo was still practicing. But something still didn't feel right. Rushing down to Kuroo, he stepped right in front of her and realized that it wasn't actually her, but a clone. Kuroo smirked from her spot and decided to leave.

***

On her way home, she saw a little boy sitting in a little park. He looked a little turned around. But they were in the Uchiha compound; should someone be looking for him, it wouldn't be too long before he was found. His wavy black hair fluttered in the wind as he looked around. His onyx eyes locking on her made him smile as he knew that she was also an Uchiha.

He reminded her of how she used to be, and it made her a bit bitter. But she hid it deep within because she had a feeling he would be able to pick up on it. Running to her, he grabbed her hand, holding it tightly, he smiled up at her. "found you," he cooed, this confused her. She has never seen this kid before. But he seemed to know her.

"I'm sorry but do I know you?" she asked, looking down at him, but he smiled and pulled her down to his height. Climbing onto her back, she had to hold under his legs to keep him from falling. Swiping her hair from her back to over her shoulder, he held on with his hands around her neck, his head poking over her shoulder as he pointed in a direction.