Chapter 6- Getting Dressed Up

I awoke to the feeling of a towel being wrapped around me. I opened my eyes slowly to see a worried looking Honey, but as my vison came back I realized it was Marie. I stayed still as she continued to dry me. I looked over at myself in the mirror, and I was shocked at what I saw. I saw the little girl, the strong little girl from all those years ago. She stood staring at me, the burning mansion behind her. She looked strong, and wise. I saw the truth behind her eyes. The wind blew in the image and her hair blew across her face, and when it stopped I saw present me. It was strange seeing that, and I didn't really understand why I saw that image.

"Miss Shina-Chan?" Marie questioned confused, I turned to look at her.

"Hmm?" I hummed in response. She just smiled and shook her head slightly, then turned to the bored looking maid as she walked in. Several diffrent dresses in her arms, and the old lady came in next she held a tray of snacks and drinks. I sat in the chair, as she layed them out on the bed. They were all pretty, well there was one that was really pink and short. Yet the one to catch my eye was the purple and black one. The two colors went together so well, and the design was just lovely. I pointed to it and eldest seemed to understand.

"Alice, would you see to it that the dress is fitting for her." the older woman said, and Alice helped me slip the dress on. The bored looking one was named Alice, such a lovely name.

"Mable you make the best snacks." Marie grinned at the elder, causing her to chuckle. I smiled at the two, clearly they had a close relationship. Alice tied the back and I smiled the dress fit perfectly. Marie and Mable clapped as I spun around. The dress was silk-y soft and very comfotable. They sat me in a chair in front of the mirror, I looked diffrent.

"Honey told me you didn't liked your hair touched... Is it okay if I touch it, just for today?" Alice asked, her voice kind and curious. I hesitated at this, was it okay? Should I let her?

"Yes." I decided finally, wincing slightly as she started to part my hair and brush through it. The gentleness of her hands and the slight pull of the brush against my hair reminded me of Elizabeth. It was a calming feeling, it felt right.

"Marie will l do your make-up and I'll do your nails." Mable said, and I nodded whilst closing my eyes. I remained still as they worked, listened as they chatted, and replied when necessary. My memories went back to Elizabeth. She always cared for me when I was sick, injured, or hungry. My mother, though always near, never payed much attention to me. So I often reffered to Elizabeth as my mother. Elizabeth reminded me constantly that my mother loved me dearly. I smelt something eqivilent to warming hair, must be a curling iron. I tensed slightly but let Alice continue curling the ends of my hair.

"Don't you agree?" questioned Maire.

"Agree with what?" I questioned confused.

"That Honey-San is cute." she stated.

"O-Oh... Um, I-I g-g-guess..." I trailed, blushing. Mable and Marie chuckled at my embarresment. I felt something brush against my lips, the lip gloss smelled of vanilla cake. I giggled softly at the smell, the image of Honey shoving a peice of cake in his mouth, played through my head. I heard the door open in close, and I kept my eyes closed. I heard a few quiet whispers before the person left.

"It's almost time..." Alice said softly.

"Open your eyes." commanded Marie, although her voice was gentle. I did as told and she procceded to put mascarra on me. Alice started to braid my hair. I was faced away from the mirror so I couldn't see myself. Mable was suprisingly still working on my nails, and I wondered what she was doing to them. Marie was pressing something to my now closed eyes, and I wondered what she was putting on my face. Alice put something into my hair and placed something on top of my head. I hadn't moved a single mucle the whole time they dressed me they way the say fit. I felt like a blank peice of paper and they were the artists. I felt Mable lift my leg and she began to paint my toes. Then I felt Marie's make-up tools leave my face and I opened my eyes. She stood their admiring her work.