Ch 6 Past Revealed

*flashback to Mantle Y/N POV*

I am walking down the streets of Mantle with my mother collecting stuff to eat. I carry the bags when my mom stops. I look where she is looking and see two men fighting each other.

She takes off running and I follow her but stop getting blocked by a crowd of people. I make my way through the crowd when I hear my mom shout.

Mom: "Enough!"

A bright light appears and I am filled with dread knowing she just showed her true form. I drop the bags and run to her to see her bathed in a golden light and her horns exposed.

Man: "She's a witch!"

I manage to reach her and keep people from touching her.

Y/N: "No, she's my mother!"

Woman: "He's a devil!"

Some men try to grab me and my mother, but I manage to fend them off. One slams the butt of his gun into the side of my head and I fall to the ground. The men pin me down and bind my hands and legs. I look at my mother and see them tying her in ropes.

Y/N: "Leave her alone! She was only trying to help!"

Man2: "We don't need the help of a witch!"

One of the men curb stomps my head which knocks me out. I awaken to find myself chained to the ground and my mother tied to a post with a pile of wood under her. I try to break my chains but get hit in the head with a piece of metal. I look to the right and a man holding a torch walks into view.

Y/N: "Get away from her!"

Man: "Fellow people of Mantle! We stand here today to rid ourselves of a dark presence!"

The people cheer and chant the word burn over and over.

Y/N: "I'll kill you all!"

Man: "Relax little devil, you'll join her soon enough."

Mom: "Y/N, look at me."

I look at her and see tears falling down her cheeks.

Mom: "I love you Y/N."

Y/N: *crying* "No! Mother!"

The man tosses the torch into the pile of wood and my mother is engulfed in flames. I hear her screaming in pain and begging for the pain to stop. I hang my head down in anger and the man pulls out a gun then aims it at me.

Man: "Your turn devil boy."

He cocks the hammer of his gun back, I stare at him and speak in my natural voice.

Y/N: "I'll kill all of you!"

3rd POV

Y/N breaks his chains and a thick cloud of gray smoke covers him. The man unloads his gun into the smoke and smiles thinking he won. The smoke explodes outwards and the human Y/N has been replaced with a eight foot six tall skeletal figure in a black robe. The figure holds out its hand and a giant scythe forms in it. The figure looks at all of the people present and lets out a otherworldly roar.

(watch 1:09:22-1:09:25)

The figure raises its scythe and swipes it horizontally which cuts the tops of the people in front of him off. Chaos ensues and people start screaming; the figure emits a gray mist that covers the place it is in. The mist makes people's bodies rapidly decompose until they are nothing but dust. The figure walks away when a spotlight shines on it; the figure looks up spotting Atlas airships.

Airship speaker: "Stand down or we will open fire."

The figure roars again and the airships break apart then fall to the ground. Just then a army of Atlas soldiers appears and they train their guns on the figure. A man with a robotic right arm steps into view and he looks no older than eighteen.

Man: "I will have to ask you to stand down."

The figure just lets out a raspy breath and pops its neck. The man looks to some of the soldiers and they come forward holding restraints. The moment they get close the figure lets out a ear piercing shriek which takes everyone to their knees. The figure then turns into a giant smoking raven and takes to the sky. The raven lands on a rooftop and reverts back Y/N.

 The raven lands on a rooftop and reverts back Y/N

Y/N POV

I return to normal and finally let my tears flow from my eyes. I teleport back to my home and pack up whatever I can. When I was finished I head to my mom's room one last time and when I enter I see a box with a letter next to it. I open the letter and see it is from my mom to me.

Y/N: "My dear Y/N, if you are reading this then what I feared has come true. I am sorry to leave you but please understand that this was going to happen sooner or later. I know you will think you will be all alone but I give you one last gift. In the box next to this letter is a locket, I want you to take this wherever you go. I may not be with you in person but with this locket by your side a piece of me will always be with you. I love Y/N and I always will, love mom."

I set the letter down and open the box to find a gold locket. I open it and see a picture of me and mom on the day my powers first appeared. I let a tear fall and clip the locket around my neck. I grab my bag and head out of my house. I turn into smoke to avoid the people hunting me; I manage to escape the city and hide inside a airship leaving the city. I teleport out of the airship and land on a dirt road next to a sign; I look at the sign and read it.

Y/N: "Welcome to Vale."