Chapter 15

The air was cold out, waking up to the balcony door open, I sleepily got up and walked over to it. I was about to close it but noticed the tobacco smell and a little bit of light in the corner.

I wrap my hands around myself and slowly popped my head out, Vasily sitting there smoking a cigarette while looking down at a phone. Walking closer to him I look at what the text said, knowing well he was aware that I was there. He was always aware of his surroundings, it could be pitch black and he would know you were there.

"Is that my phone?" I ask

He blew out the smoke before glancing towards me "Yes" he answered

I had nothing to hide, people texted me from time to time and sometimes I didn't notice, other times I blocked some people but haven't gotten to blocking everyone.

"Was it ringing?" I ask and he took a long sip of his drink, I felt nervous now, he was holding my phone and I wasn't perfect. I had so many flaws and one being that I messed around way more then I should have.

"Someone kept texting you" he chuckled darkly, "Your little past lover thinks he's so funny asking for second chance knowing well you're with me" I stayed quiet, Vasily was a calm storm, he could either burst out anger or seething inside and talking as normal as ever, that when you should worry "Why does he have your number, Sophia?"

"I always block him, he calls from different numbers and every time I change my number... my dad gives him my new one"

The glass breaks right in his hand, blood and alcohol running down his arm, I quickly drop my phone that he had passed to me and grab his hand, panicking a little I pull his fingers away from his clenched fist so he didn't continue to cut himself.

Looking up to his calm face I bring my hand up and run it through his hair, leaning in and kissing him he doesn't hesitate to kiss me back, slowly pulling away and pulling him up. Kicking my phone in as I walk and close the door behind us I bring him to the bathroom, sitting him on the toilet so I could pull the glass out from his hand.

He never flinched, like he was used to the pain, and from what I was told on how he grew up he had a very high pain tolerance. We stayed silent as I clean his cuts and get the small shards out, bandaging his hand up.

"So where are we going?" I ask him when I finish

"I know you are not wanting-" he stopped himself and shook his head "You don't want to see your family but I don't want to leave you here with a bunch of idiots who can't do job right, so you're coming with me to Chicago" he paused studying my facial expression a little "It's like nerd convention thing, just for invited mafia or gang members, everyone is invited and it's time we use creating allies, sell, and showing off our women"

He pulls me closer and I giggle, his smile back on his face now.

"Really? Who'd you take last year" I ask in a playful way to hide the little bit of jealousy that was in the back of my head.

"No one attending this year or next year" he gave a small peck to my lips "or the year after that, just me and my beautiful hard-headed women"

I nod, the jealousy washing out of me "okay" I lean my forehead against his

"I'm telling you now Lyubov', your brother will be there and I promise if you don't want him or your father around you then I won't let them"

I nod again yawning.

He lifts my shirt kissing my stomach, speaking in soft whispered Russian words, it looked like he said something sweet, he was cooing to him.

"And when we come back I have a little surprise for you" he stood up