Chapter 24

It was like I could feel the tension and I wasn't even in the room yet, walking into the dining room where everyone sat.

My mother, Sienna, Viktor, the twins, Sherman, Sherman's son Alex, and Tatianna sat and across from that My dad, my two younger brothers, nonna, Cora, Melissa, Aria, and Vanessa with a few of my other cousins standing.

"Heyyyyyy" I drag out still in a state of shock, they could have been shot coming out here

"Sophia" both my mother and father stood up at the same time smiling at me but turning to each other and glaring

"What are you guys doing here" I turn to my father feeling awkward and kind of scared because their in a house full of Russians and right now they aren't exactly at an advantage

"Look Sophia I'm sorry, there is nothing I can do to change what I did in the past and... I was mad but that didn't give me the right to try and kill him, I'm sorry" I nod, I really didn't give a damn right now.

"and everyone else is here because..." I wait on them for an answer

"Because we missed you, this was our first Christmas and New years without you" Cora spoke up "plus we were going to try to throw you a baby shower before the baby is here"

"Not happening, I don't want a baby shower and I don't need one either so kill that idea right there" I point at her with a smile

"What? Why" she started throwing her little tantrum

"Because why have other people buy all this stuff when I can go buy it myself, plus then I can go shopping" I shrug and Vasily clears his throat at me while walking in the room "With your permission of course"

He shook his head sitting down "Maybe when someone isn't trying to kill you"

"Someones trying to kill her?" nonna gets into the conversation her thick accent making her sound more mad then she is "Tell me who it is, I will break them in half for trying to touch my baby, I kill them"

"okay" I drag out softly, nonna isn't so angelic after all.

"I have it under control" Vasily says

"If you had it under control then someone wouldn't be trying to kill her" my brother started to butt in

"Luka" I glare at him "I suggest you shut up or you can get back on a plane and leave"

"I'm just saying, if he had everything under control then this person would have already been caught and killed"

I lean forwards with an eyebrow raised "And you think you guys would be any help? Dads been looking for Sherman Black for 22 years, Vasily found him in less then 5 hours, now butt out"

"butt out" he mimicked me, picking up a fork and flying it at him but he ducked last minute making the fork hit Sebastian instead

"Ow what the hell Sophia"
"I didn't mean to hit you it was supposed to hit him"
"Lier you wanted to hit me"
"You could have killed me with that thing"
"Would have been great if it did"

We started arguing, my hand reaching for the butter knife or plate.

"Kids" mom tried to stop our bickering "hey, you guys"

Pathetic attempt, that's what it was.

"CHILDREN" the three of us shut up at nonna's voice "Mind your manners"

I lean on the arm part of a chair glaring at the two brothers, rolling my eyes at them and looking away.

"Now this person trying to kill Sophia, have you located them"