Chapter 17

Today was Anastasia's funeral, a whole month had gone by and things were hard on the three youngest, Natasha yet to be found.

Nadia was broken, her best friend was gone, Tatianna and Nadia were quieter than ever, Viktor was the only one who was fairly being their normal self, Vasily a little distant and a bit cold towards me at times.

I put all my energy and focus on the other three that were all like helpless children right now, heartbroken, and in deep pain.

I was basically using their problems and trying to solve theirs to avoid my own, to avoid admitting that Vasily was only there to sleep and nothing else.

Going for a walk through the garden and smelling some flowers, sitting on a bench with a view of the small water fountain and flowers.

"Hey" Nadia popped up with her head hanging

"Hey" I spoke back "how are you holding up?"

"With what? My moms funeral or my sister being missing with the same people who killed my mother" she didn't mean to sound rude but she did.

"Both" I swallowed

"I'm scared Sophia" she started to cry "I don't want to die yet and I miss Natasha, it should have been me"

"Hey" I pull her in "it's okay, we'll find her and don't say that, you know she would have hated to hear you say that, I know you too, neither of you would want to hear the other saying that"

"What do you know?" She snapped at me "You don't know her, it's my fault she's in that mess, don't act like you know her or that you even care because all your doing is sitting on your ass, you don't understand anything" she stood up running away

I didn't know what to do anymore so I just cried, I cried until I couldn't anymore, the snow starting to thicken and I hear my name starting to be shouted.

Wiping my eyes and putting my hood on I walk with my head down, looking at where I was walking instead of the faces in front of me.

"Sophia, I'll be late tonight so don't wait up, Alexei will be driving you back to the house" Vasily had announced before walking away

No kiss, no hug, no second glance. He just got in the car and drove away, a large gap left between us.

I stood there watching the car fade away the further it got.

"Sophia" Alexei had called

The car silent leaving me to my thoughts.

*****

"Here is your dinner ma'am"

"Thank you" I whisper picking at the contents on my plate "looks delicious"

Everyone left to go back to their jobs, people joining me seconds later.

"Sophia I just wanted to apologize-"

"There's no need to do that" I look up to Nadia "You were just telling me how you felt, no harm in expressing your feelings"

"No but-"

"There's nothing else you need to say, it's fine"

"No it's not Sophia, you were just checking in on me and I blew upon you, you didn't deserve that and I'm sorry" she rushed out before I could cut her off

"Well i'm fine, not a problem" I stood up rushing to my room, my appetite no longer there.

I grab my phone sitting on the floor and looking out the balcony.