014| The right date

🌻🌼

"Hi." Genevieve greeted after a second of staring at each other. She could read the surprise on his face. Well, she herself was surprised.

She came home over thirty minutes ago, but she hasn't been herself. Somehow, she'd found herself out of her apartment, down the stairs and jittering with doubt in front of his door.

Her head screamed at her, but this time, she felt rather reluctant to listen to the voice of reasoning. She needed a certain feeling, and her legs led her straight to his door. Gene felt the desire for something different. Mentally, she sighed. Something was definitely wrong with her, and she was probably going to regret her actions pretty much later.

"Hi." He replied as he tried his best to subdue the surprise. He replaced it with a brief smile.

"You're back." He stated.

"I'm back." She repeated and later realised how strange she'd sounded.

He gave a light laugh. "That was... fast, I think." He mentioned and later wondered if he should have said that. Maybe he shouldn't ask.

"Yes." she replied as she lowered her eyes. "I might have ruined it." She added, and he couldn't help raising his brows at her confession.

"So... I want to take a walk and... do you mind accompanying me?"

What are you doing? It's going to be so embarrassing when he says no. Do I stop this now?

"No."

"No?" she repeated, a little wide-eyed.

"I mean no, I don't mind." He replied, a little brighter than usual.

"Wait, a second." He told her before rushing back in.

Gene let out a sigh of relief as she placed a hand on her chest. Crazy. She must be out of her mind. How could the thought of his refusal bother her that much? By the way, since when does she do night walks?

Gene knew she was acting strange, much bolder and taking steps she normally wouldn't so easily do. Almost as if she was being taken over by a better version of her and yet, she didn't hate it so much.

Elliot returned, putting on a jacket.

"You don't need that."

"I don't?" He asked.

"Yes. Rather than feel cold, you'll feel hot so you don't need it." She explained and watched as a brief smile played on his face.

"Alright." He stated as he took it off and tossed it somewhere within before hurrying out. Gene took steps away to give him space and watched as he locked the door and kept the key in the pocket of his sweatpants.

Outside, under the fairly starry night, the first few minutes of their walk down the street were in silence. Elliot couldn't help stealing glances at her or having a small smile plastered on his face. Gene could feel his stare and she spared him a glance, and he eventually looked away.

"What?" she finally asked before looking up at him. She watched as lightly shook his head.

"Nothing... just... this moment. It's special." He replied as he smiled broader.

Gene could see the happiness on his face, but she wasn't sure what it meant for him. Why is this moment special and why this moment with her? She wasn't sure what reply she might get but, suddenly, she felt guilty and regretted knocking on his door and asking him to accompany her. What if she has been sending the wrong signal? What exactly is she even doing?