035| Braver and braver for our future

🌻🌼

She turned to him, a smile still wearing on her face. "I see we're having dinner in style... Let me guess, takeout."

He flashed her a brief smile as he drew closer, "Nope, even better... I cooked." He replied with a beaming smile, proud of himself. She lifted her brows for a second in surprise.

"I thought you can't cook." She added, a little puzzled that he'd cooked, but he took her hand in his and led her to the table. They were to sit on the floor and he had kept throwing pillows for their comfort. He helped her take her seat opposite him.

"Well, I can learn at least one dish to impress you." He admitted.

"You don't need to impress me. You already own my heart." She confessed, and his smile broadened as he uncovered their dishes.

"I'm glad to know that." He added before picking up her spoon by her side and handing it over. She accepted it as she stared at the food.

"Jollof?"

"Better, coconut rice." He explained, beaming once more and she lifted her eyes to him, quite surprised with what he'd made. She flashed him a smile before scooping some into her mouth. He watched, waiting for that beautiful reaction from her.

She lifted her eyes to him, a glimmer in them before lifting a thumb up. He smiled in satisfaction and she was back to eating. He began eating as well, a part of him wondering how best he was going to present the gift he had for her, and he badly didn't want to mess it up. Also, he didn't want it to seem less of a special moment.

One look at her and he could see she was enjoying her food. It was best to let her finish eating. Sooner than later, she finished. "Thank you for the food." She appreciated, and he flashed her a warm smile.

"You're welcome." He added, before turning open a carton of orange juice. "Here, have some juice." He stated as he poured some into the empty wine glass by her side. She smiled at his utmost care about being careful of the babies. No wine, but they could substitute for juice. He poured himself some. They raised their glasses and clinked for a toast.

"So..." Genevieve started after what seems like a while of silence in their midst and it would seem Elliot lost himself in thoughts. "... how's the situation between you and Victor?" She had to ask, as she'd worried their relationship might have put a strain on his friendship with her brother.

Elliot wore a brief smirk before lowering his eyes, tucking a hand into the pocket of his shorts. "I guess I can say cool... I mean, he doesn't speak with me as much as before, but he doesn't entirely snob me either, so I guess we're getting there." He finished and lifted his eyes back to meet hers.

"He has his misunderstandings, but soon enough, he's going to understand us." Elliot added as he took hold of her right hand in his over the table and she gave a light nod while displaying a warm smile, grateful for his patience and understanding.

Her brows furrowed for a second as she felt something slid onto her fourth finger. He gradually released her hand and she stared down at it. She noticed a small ring wearing beautifully on her finger. Unable to hold it in, a gradual smile curved up on her face before she lifted her eyes to him, obvious to the fact that he'd slid it on while she was unaware. "It's... it's beautiful." She stated as she stared at it once more.

To think she'd wanted it for so long and now, she was having it, a family of her own. It made her teary as she reminisced about old times when she felt troubled because she didn't have this on. Not that it dictated her life, but it has always been one of her wishes.

He took hold of her hands in his once more and she barely lifted her eyes to him, not really wanting to let him know she was getting teary. "Thank you." She appreciated, and he smiled.