Chapter 1

Alexis's POV:

Beep beep be-

I shut my alarm of and carefully got up still being in pain from yet another beating from the other night. Well anyway let me introduce myself. I'm Alexis. I'm 15. My mother died when I was 7 due to drug overdose. After that I was put into the system and I didn't think I had any other family. I don't even know anything about my father. I have been in this foster home for about two years now. Most days my foster parents come home drunk and beat me. By this point I'm used to it. When I turned 14 I met Blake Harvey. He trained me and helped me threw alot he's like my dad. He's the closest I think I'll ever get to having a father or family. Him and his son Avery are the only family I have. They are the only ones who know that I have a soft side and that I care . Well you might be wondering what I mean. Well when I got out in the system I started to emotionally turn off everything. So basically I was a cold-hearted bitch . And I definitely didn't follow rules. Anyway. I carefully got dressed and quickly left seeing my foster parents passed out on the couch. I rolled my eyes and left. I took out my phone and headphones and listened to music. Once I got to school I entered and went to my locker. I put my headphones and phone in my backpack. Even though I really don't go to classes often I have straight A's but that's just from being afraid of getting another beating. I go to classes every other day so they don't call my foster parents. I walked to class after I got my books and sat down in my desk. And waited for the teacher to start her teaching. In the middle of the lesson the principal walked in and talked to the teacher then they both looked at me in pity. God! How I hate fucking pity. The principal asked me to come with him, so I did. When we got to his office there was a lady already there. What the fuck?!

"Please sit down Alexis." Principle Randy said pulling me from my thoughts. I did so. They looked at me with pity. I hated fucking pity. "Alexis your foster parents died in a car accident earlier." Randy said. I kept my face emotionless. Welp more foster homes. Yay. Note the sarcasm.

"So what now?" I asked emotionlessly.

"Well we got in contact with your father and he already signed the custody papers." The lady said. I looked at her and I raised my eyebrow. I motioned for her to continue. " You won't have to go far. They live here in California. They live in L.A. I'll take you back to your house to get your belongings. And then we'll go back to my office where your father will be waiting." she said. I lived in San Francisco. I nodded my head.

"I don't need to go to my house I need to go to my friends house." I said emotionlessly.

"Why's that?" She asked in confusion. Both her and the principal watched me closely.

"Because I stayed there more than my foster parents house so my stuff is there." I said. She nodded her head. We both got up and left. We got into her car and headed to there house. I pulled out my phone.

Me: I'm on my way. Explain when I get there.

Avery: ok lil sis. But is everything ok?.

Me: as I said explain when I get there.

He didn't text back because at that point he knew it was serious. After about 20 minutes we arrived. I told her I'd make it quick. I walked up to the house and pushed in the password for the door. I opened it and went in. I walked upstairs to my room I had here. When I got there they were there.

"What's going on?" Blake asked.

"My foster parents got into a car accident and apparently they found my real father and now he has custody of me so I have to move to L.A." I said and walked into my closet and grabbed my suit case and started putting my clothes into it.