Chapter 8

Alexis's POV:

I woke up at 10am to an empty bed meaning dad had gone to work already. I sighed and got up and showered and got dressed in jean shorts and a t-shirt. I went downstairs and when I got down there dad was at the table working.

"Hey dad." I said and he looked shocked. I guess he thought that I was only calling him that last night out of sleepiness.

"Hey princess. How'd you sleep?" He said smiling.

"Good. How about you?" I asked as I sat down next to him.

"Good." He replied. He continued working. And I realized that Zach and I's birthday was in a week. Meaning I have been here for about two months now. Damn. Time flies. I started thinking about what I wanted to get Zach. Just then an idea popped into my head. Back when I was in one of the foster homes I started making photo collages and I could make one. I just needed to go to the store.

"Hey dad. Could you bring me to the mall?" I asked. Even though I had my own car and bike. I wanted to spend time with him. Because as much as the thought hurt I didn't know if they were going to kick me out or something like that after I told them about my past. But I'm going to live in the moment.

"Of course. Just let me send this email and we'll go." He said with a smile. I think he caught on that I wanted to spend time with him.

"Ok." I said. We sat there for a little longer and Alex walked in. I don't really understand him. I mean no matter what he's always so cold. I mean I get that once dad steps down from being capo he's going to take over but damn at least smile sometimes.

"Alex, your sister and I are going to go shopping." Dad said. Alex looked really shocked to say the least. He knew how much I hated shopping.

"Ok. Have fun Alexis." He said formally.

"Thank you Alex I will." I said. He nodded and walked off. Ok then. But I didn't miss the faint smile that played on his lips before he walked away. I smiled at that thought. Once dad was ready we headed out. On the way there I was thinking about how much my like has changed in the last two months. I don't know if I would regret letting in my brothers and my dad but one things for sure I knew I felt safe around them. Just like how I did around Blake and Avery. Once we were there we got out and started heading in.

"Where to?" Dad asked.

"Art store." I said and he looked surprised but nodded and we headed there. When we got in I grabbed the supplies I needed and paid. Well I tried to pay. Dad wouldn't let me. But it warmed my heart.

"Where to now?" Dad asked.

"Don't know. We could look around for a while." I suggested.

"Ok. Sounds good." He said. We just walked around for a bit. And then we ended up buying some more. I wanted to get another tattoo. But dad said a stern hell no and looked at me like I'd lost my mind completely. Oops. Anyway after like 20 stores later and lunch, well dinner. We decided to head back home. The trunk was full of random shit we bought. Well it wasn't that random but you know. When we got home we got everything into the house. We both sat down on the couch and let out a breath.

"Thank you." I said to my dad.

"For what?" He said looking at me confused.

"For today. For everything. Making today fun." I said. He looked at me and smiled.

"There's nothing to thank bambina. Your my little girl. You always will be no matter how old you get. And even with everything you told us. Your still so perfect. Your amazing. And your not going anywhere ever again." He said. I felt tears well up.

"Really? You mean that even though I'm fucked up. You want to keep me." I asked my voice breaking from trying to hold back the tears. I felt a tear drop.

"Really. I'll always want you. Your my babygirl. And I know your brothers would say the same." He said sipping the tears away. He pulled me into a hug and I cried. Even though I don't like crying it felt good and it felt even better to have someone hold me while I cried.

"Why's my twinny crying?" I heard Zach ask/yell. After that I heard all of my brothers come in. I looked up to see them looking at me with concerned eyes. Even Alex.

"She thought that now that we knew about her past we were going to get rid of her." Dad said to my brothers.

"Never!" Zach exclaimed. All of them nodded thier head in agreement even Xander and Alex. I laughed a little and more tears fell. I whipped them away and got pulled into a family group hug. After we pulled apart I was done crying and we were just sitting in the living room watching movie. After that everyone went to bed because most of us had school or work tomorrow. I however stayed up to work on Zach's gift. I ended up finishing it and it looked great. The collage was filled with pictures of me and Zach doing funny or cute things together. At the top is written La famiglia è per sempre. (Family is forever). After I was done with it I put it in my closet and laid down. I started thinking about how lucky I was to have Zach as my twin. I loved him. Well I love my whole family. And that includes Blake and Avery. They were always there. And when I moved they came with. Blake kept telling me to give my family a chance because no matter what they would love me. I didn't believe him at first but now I see that he was telling me the truth. I sighed and let sleep consume me. With one thing on my mind. How lucky I was.