Chapter 14

Alexis's POV:

"Shh. You'll wake them Xander." I heard my twin say.

"I can't help it they look so fucking adorable." Xander said. I opened one eye to seeing them facing eachother. An idea popped into my head and and I snuck out of Colton's grasp and snuck behind Zach and Xander.

"Boo!" I said. They both screamed like little girls and woke up Colton. Oops. They all turned to face me. Oh shit.

"I'm giving you a 10 second head start peaches." Colton said.

"What he said." My brothers agreed. I waisted no time in bolting out of my room and downstairs. Dad was in the kitchen along with Alex. I ran up and crawled into a kitchen cabinet. Perks of being small. I heard loud foot steps.

"Where did she go?" I heard Colton ask.

"I don't know man." Xander said. I had to hold in my laugh.

"She probably ran outside." Zach said. I heard the other two agree and heard them running out. I waited a few seconds before getting out of the cabinet. I seen a very confused Alex and dad.

"Why were they chasing you?" Alex asked with an amused face.

"I scared the shit out of them." I said smiling innocently. "Anyway gotta run don't want to be caught." I said running back upstairs. I went back into my room and grabbed an outfit and went into the bathroom. I showered and after I was in leggings and a tank top. I went into the music room and started to sing. ' yours' by Russell Dickerson.

I was a boat stuck in a bottle
That never got the chance to touch the sea
Just forgot on the shelf
No wind in the sails
Going no where with no one but me
I was one in one-hundred billion
A burned out star in a galaxy
Just lost in the sky wondering why
Everyone else shines out but me
But
I came to life when I first kissed you
The best me has his arms around you
You make me better than I was before
Thank God I'm yours
I was a worn out set of shoes
Wandering the city street
Another face in the crowd
Head looking down
Lost in the sound of a lonely melody
Empty pockets at a roulette
Always landing on a lost bet
Just live for the spin and hope for the win
Go all in just to lose again
But
I came to life when I first kissed you
The best me has his arms around you
You make me better than I was before
Thank God I'm yours
The worst me is just a long gone memory
You put a new heartbeat inside of me
You make me better than I was before
Thank God I'm yours
I was a boat stuck in a bottle
That never got the chance to touch the sea
I came to life when I first kissed you
The best me has his arms around you
You make me better than I was before
Thank God I'm yours
The worst me is just a long gone memory
You put a new heartbeat inside of me
You make me better than I was before
Thank God I'm yours
Thank God I'm yours
Thank God I'm yours
Thank God I'm yours

I heard clipping from behind me I turned around and seen Zach.

"That was amazing." He said in awe.

"Thanks." I said chuckling. "Any requests?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" He asked confused. I chuckled a bit.

"Do you have something you would like to hear?" I asked him.

"No. Not really. I was just enjoying seeing you look so free." He responded.

"Ok." I said. "Did you need something?" I asked.

"Uh yeah. I was wondering what's between you and Colton." He asked. I started blushing. What the hell? I don't blush.

"He asked me out." I whispered. He grinned from ear to ear.

"That's great sis. What'd you say?" He asked.

"I said yes." I said. He chuckled and hugged me.

"Well Colton and Xander went out." He said. I nodded my head. I got up and walked out of the music room and I could feel he was following me. I went downstairs and seen dad, Enzo, and Alex.

"Hey guys" I said cheerfully. They looked up. They looked worried and tired.

"Your cheerful." Enzo said. I nodded my head and sat down. My phone buzzed so I took it out.

Blake: Avery was shot. He's in stable condition but is in the hospital.

I felt my heart break.

Me:Which hospital?

Blake: the one closet the park.

Me: on my way.

I shut my phone off and shot up and ran upstairs grabbing my bag and keys. I went back downstairs.

"Zach!" I shouted as I ran into the kitchen.

"Yes." He said.

"Avery was shot. Lets go." I said knowing that he and Avery were like best friends now. He shot up we both ran out of the house into my car. I pulled out as Xander and Colton were coming in. Oh well. I sped down the road as fast as I could. Perks of being a street racer you don't have to worry about crashing while speeding. Once we were there Blake was standing outside waiting for us. We waisted no time going in and to see Avy. Seeing him broke my heart. I loved this boy like one of my brothers. He was the best. I sat down and held his hand. My phone started ringing and it was Xander.

"Hello."

"Hey where are you guys sorellina?" He asked worried.

"Hospital closeted to the park." I said.

"Hand me the phone." I heard Colton say in the back ground. "Hey peaches."

"Hey Cole." I said my voice cracked a bit.

"Do you want me to come babygirl?" He asked.

"Yes please. I need you here." I said as my voice broke from trying not to cry. A tear escaped my eye.

"Ok peaches. Xander and I are on the way." He said. I said ok and hung up. I told Zach and Blake. Blake was shocked I decided to open myself up but was proud none the less. Zach left to go get them and as soon as I noticed them in the room I ran to Colton and cried into his chest.

"Shh. It's ok. I'm here." He said rubbing my back. Once I stopped crying Blake came up to Colton.

"Hurt her and I swear to God you'll be begging for mercy." Blake said in a deadly tone. I giggled a little knowing exactly how protective he is.

"Yes sir. But I won't be hurting her." Colton said confidently. Blake patted his back as the doctor came in. Colton and I refused to leave. I refused to because Avery's like my brother and Colton refused because he wanted to be there for me. Xander and Zach said they'd be back tomorrow and of course Blake is staying. Later on the doctor came in again and ran a few more tests. He said that Avery should wake up in the next day or two. Colton laid down on the second couch in the room and Blake laid on the first while I refused to sleep. I sat down on the chair by the bed. I held his hand.

"Hey Avy. I did want to you said and stopped living in fear. Colton asked me out and I said yes. Of course I'm still a little scared but I'm happy. You need to wake up because your like my brother and I can't live without you in my life. You and Blake are the only reasons that I survived that foster home. Please don't leave me now. Don't leave me like Leo did. I can't lose you too." I ranted as I cried. I sat there for a few hours until Colton dragged me to the couch he was on and made me lay down but that's ok because he held me while I cried and I felt safe and loved and protected. I eventually fell asleep around like three am in Colton's arms.