Prologue

It was a day like any other for Company 9. They were just about to leave from a successful attempt at putting an Infernal to rest. So right now, everyone was in the Matchbox, waiting for their captain. The captain sighed as she entered the Matchbox. She closed the door behind her before sitting down next to their lieutenant. The Matchbox started to drive off from the scene. "Something wrong Father?" Captain Hina Shinmon asked the priest that was sitting across from her. Father Kōfuku Honō looked up and smiled softly. "You all did very well today." Kōfuku smiled as Hina let out a small sigh. "You always ask him if he's okay captain, and he always avoids the question. It's hard to notice he avoids it because his smile is just so warm. Don't you think captain?" Lieutenant Mizuki Hinotsubasa laughed. "Yeah, he gets all the ladies with that smile." Rookie Kazan Nagamochi pouted. "Well... I guess I just have a bad feeling. I don't know what about but I just have one." Kōfuku said with a sad look in his eyes. "Don't worry about it Father Kōfuku." Sister Hinabi smiled. Father Kōfuku chuckled. "Thank you sister." Kōfuku said.

"Hey captain, there's another Infernal near by. May I have your permission to change course and go after the Infernal?" The Engineer Yoku Shūfuku asked on the walkie-talkie. "Yeah, of course. Without question." Hina answered. Just after Yoku took a turn, the Matchbox seemed to shake. Hina looked up at the roof of the Matchbox. "What the hell?" Hina asked herself, just as she said that, something hit the side of the Matchbox so hard that sister Hinabi flew out of her seat and hit Mizuki. A big dent was now left at the side of the car. "What was that?" Kazan asked. "Are you okay?" Mizuki asked. Hinabi shook her head no as the Matchbox started to lose control. "Crap!" Yoku yelled as he turned as best as he could to get back on track. He then grabbed his walkie-talkie. "There's an Infernal on the side of the car! Captain, you need to get it off now!" Yoku yelled into the walkie-talkie. Hina glared. Before she could even stand up the door was ripped off.

No one could even react to what was happening. Everyone seen it with their own eyes. An Infernal reached into the back of the Matchbox and grabbed Sister Hinabi. Before Captain Hina could do anything, she was thrown out of the Matchbox. It was bad enough that the big firetruck was out of control. But the way she was violently thrown made everyone flinch. Captain Hina was in shock. "Everyone hold on!" Yoku yelled into the walkie-talkie. The Matchbox crashed into another car on the rode and ended up flipping. For once in Captain Hina's life, she had seen her life flash before her eyes. She had seen her younger herself with a little boy. Why did everything happen so fast?

                                                            《                                        》

Father Kōfuku sighed as he looked at the cathedral before him. "So this is Company Eight?" Kōfuku asked himself. He laughed. "It looks nice and homey." Kōfuku laughed. Despite the cathedrals run down look Kōfuku liked it. Kōfuku has bandages wrapped around his head, from the accident. He also held a folder. He walked up to the door, he didn't see a door bell or anything of the sort so he hesitantly knocked on the doors. Kōfuku sighed as he got no response after a good while. "Maybe there on the job." Kōfuku sighed before turning around. "Is there something you want, or will you continue to leave?" A man asked. Kōfuku turned around with a confused look on his face. "Oh hello sir. I assume you work here. Tell me, is there any chance I could speak to your captain?"Kōfuku asked. Kōfuku looked at the man at the door had brown hair with bangs that covered his forehead, and he wore glasses. "Forgive me for asking Father, but what is your business with the captain?" The man asked. "I just want to speak to him about a position on the force. If I can't speak with him it's fine." Kōfuku explained. The man looked at him and frowned a bit. Kōfuku smiled softly causing the man to slightly flinch. "You know what, sorry for bothering you. I should just go back home." Kōfuku laughed.

"No, come in." The man sighed. "Thank you sir." Kōfuku smiled more as he walked in. "Follow me." The man said as he closed the door. As Kōfuku followed the man into the building Kōfuku's smile dropped. "You must be a lieutenant. May I get your name sir?" Kōfuku asked. The man looked at him weirdly. "Lieutenant Takehisa Hinawa." Takehisa introduced. "Sorry if I seem odd. I've always had a knack for that." Kōfuku chuckled. Takehisa hummed as they started walking up some stairs. "This is the captains office." Takehisa said Kōfuku smiled.

"Thank you sir." Kōfuku opened the door and walked in. "Sir, you have a visitor." Takehisa said as he walked in with Kōfuku. The Captain of Company 8, Akitaru Obi, looked at the door and hummed in confusion. "I apologize, I didn't make an appointment. I guess I was far too eager." Kōfuku sighed. Kōfuku looked at the captain and tilted his head. Akitaru was hanging upside down on a pull up bar. "That's a funny position you're in captain." Kōfuku said as Takehisa sighed. Akitaru made his way down the bar. "It's fine that you didn't make an appointment Father. But I have to ask. Why did you come here in such a rush?" Akitaru asked. Kōfuku looked Akitaru in the eyes. Akitaru frowned as he noticed the pain and sadness in Kōfuku's eyes.

Kōfuku let out a long and loud sigh. "You see, my name is Kōfuku Honō. I was the Father at Company 9." Kōfuku started. Takehisa looked at Kōfuku in shock and Akitaru frowned more. "So I'm sure you know just by telling you what station I used to serve at, you know what happened a few weeks ago." Kōfuku said. "My deepest condolences, Father." Akitaru said. "Thank you sir. But my company got disbanded for certain reasons. The remaining survivors are my old captain and lieutenant, along with a rookie. I would like to be apart of the Blue Stripes once again but I don't care if you turn me down. I ask that you check in on my old teammates." Kōfuku explained. "I know they loved saving lives as much as you do sir. Especially my captain. I know Company 8 got established not too long ago, I'm sure you can work well with the members you have now. But it wouldn't hurt to have more members I'm sure. Please.... all I want is for my friends to have this job again. If they do... I can die with a smile on my face." Kōfuku smiled causing Akitaru's eyes to widen.

Akitaru coughed a bit as he gained his composure. "Are you okay captain?" Kōfuku asked. "Yes, I'm fine. Anyway, don't worry about it. I don't wish for your death Father Kōfuku but I promise that you will die with a smile on your face." Akitaru chuckled. Kōfuku smiled again. "Thank you sir. Thank you!" Kōfuku exclaimed. "What are the names of your old teammates?" Akitaru asked. "Hina Shinmon, Mizuki Hinotsubasa, and Kazan Nagamochi." Kōfuku responded. "I'm sorry... what was the first name again?" Takehisa asked as his eye twitched. "Hina Shinmon. Why?" Kōfuku tilted his head in confusion. "Oh god." Akitaru sighed. Akitaru could just tell that these were going to be an interesting pair of recruits.

A/N:

Heyo. That was weird. I don't know if I like writing that greeting, I feel like only Hawks can pull it off. Anyways, I doubt any of you will even look at this but I'm gonna write anyway. I've been writing different OC stories from Haikyuu to Demon Slayer, they're all in my drafts. Other than this story I have two other stories out right now. The Kakashi x OC story and we will not talk about the other one.... it's a Mccree x reader, I'm not really happy about it because it was poorly written but I don't have the guts to delete it because It was my first story published on this app. If you have read my Kakashi x OC book and got to the latest chapter out now, which is an A/N, you should know that I have taken a pretty big break from the story. I promise I'll get back to that story but the reason I took a break is because I feel like I needed more skills. I'm still a young writer and I want to be a better writer so I've been reading stories and writing about different animes to get better. With this story I feel a lot more better at writing than I did with the Kakashi story. It'll take me some time to recover from my break on the Kakashi book. But I'll probably get back to the Kakashi book by the end of the year. I hope you enjoy this little prologue. Bye.