Chapter 3

Kazan wrote down his reports. There hadn't been any Infernals turning in the ninth's jurisdiction so he hadn't gotten any chance to show his skills. He looked up at Hina and smirked. "If you even think about challenging me to a fight, I'll throw you out of the window." Hina said as she signed off on a few papers; she didn't even look up from her work. Kazan's smirk dropped as he looked down at his work. "This is so boring. I feel like the work here is worse than our old company." Kazan thought. Kazan wasn't as dumb as Arthur, he had to be at least be as smart as Shinra. The only problem was that he didn't feel like doing the work. Hina stood up and stretched. She had to go to the bathroom so she just left. Kazan closed his eyes and sighed. "Arthur, how many times do we have to tell you? Stop pretending to do your work and just do it!" Shinra frowned as he read over Arthur's report. Kazan opened his eyes and looked at Shinra.

He then burst into laughter, remembering something that just happened yesterday. "Kazan, what is so funny?" Mizuki asked as she flicked his head. "I was just remembering how Shinra got smacked into next year because of Shinmon." Kazan laughed. Shinra turned his head towards Kazan. "What was so funny about that?" Shinra asked angrily. "Forgive me for laughing but I've just never seen someone go up against Miss Shinmon like that. I've gotten used to most of her punches so I sometimes don't cough when she hits me. Soon you'll just want her to keep hitting you." Kazan grinned. "What?" Shinra asked as he squinted his eyes. "The reason I want to spar with Shinmon so much is because I want to beat her. If I can beat Shinmon that means I'm stronger than her and when I'm stronger, that means I can save everyone that needs saving!"Kazan explained with a grin on his face. It was an admirable dream, according to Father Kōfuku at least. "I see now, that is a great dream Kazan. She is strong so I can get where you're coming from." Shinra smirked. Hina walked back into the office and looked at the two of them. "Lieutenant Hinawa needs Oze, Hinotsubasa, and Nagamochi on the roof. The rest of you can come if you want." Hina said as she sat down. Maki, Mizuki, and Kazan all got up and walked out of the room. Arthur stood up and slowly got up too. He was offered the chance to leave and he gladly took it. "Why does he need everyone on the roof?" Shinra asked. "I don't know. But if I had to guess it would be for a strength assessment." Hina replied before sipping on some coffee that Sister Iris made for her. "Strength assessment? Does that mean they'll be a sparing match between Kazan, Mizuki, and Maki? I have to see that." Shinra said before getting up and walking out the office.

Hina's eye twitched as she realized she was left alone in the office. Takehisa told her that anyone is welcome to come up on the rooftop so that's what Hina said, but she regretted it. "I finished my stack of papers so I'm definitely not doing anyone else's." Hina thought as she sipped on her coffee.

"Um... sir, I really like your hat today. But why did you call us up here?" Mizuki quietly asked. Today Takehisa was wearing one of his hats with odd writings on it. "I called you up here to test your strength. I want Kazan and Mizuki to go against Maki." Takehisa explained. Kazan grinned as he looked at Maki. "This'll be fun." Kazan said. "Um sir, can I sit this one out? You've seen my papers so I'm sure you know what I can do. I don't want to burn my clothes." Mizuki whispered loud enough so that everyone could hear. "I'm sorry, what was that? I thought I told you to do something. I don't care if you burn your clothes." Takehisa glared. Takehisa never glared too hard but despite that he always looked scary. Maki hid behind Kazan as the two backed away. Mizuki tilted her head while looking at the scary look on Takehisa's face. She then slapped a hand over her mouth as she started giggling. "What is so funny? Does she want to die?" Shinra asked Arthur as the two sat on the sidelines. Arthur frowned at the question. "You look funny when you glare like that. It's almost cute." Mizuki laughed. "What did she just say?" Maki asked Kazan. "She just said he looks funny when he glares. I'm scared." Kazan frowned. Takehisa stopped glaring and sighed.