Chapter 12

Akari was able to dodge all of Haron's attacks. She still had that awfully intimidating and sadistic smirk on her face with every attack that was dodged. "This is boring. I never thought fighting people in this line of work would be so boring, or is it the person I'm fighting?" Akari asked as she moved out the way from a powerful punch. She wasn't even breaking a sweat. "Your moves are so predictable. Could you spice things up a little?" Akari asked as she flawlessly moved around. "She really has the nerve to mock him?" The woman thought. "It seems that he's got nothing else good to do so I guess I better end this quickly." Akari thought as she held her sword up. The blade wasn't meant to be as long as a katana, it was more like the size of a forearm. "I'll need three blades at most." Akari mumbled to herself before placing the handle in her mouth. Akari took two more handles out of the scabbard. One handle in each hand, a blue flame started to emit from the handles. Akari raised her left leg and held her arms up. The odd pose made her look like a ninja. The blades of her handles were pointed outward and the blade in her mouth was facing to the left. "What pose is that?" Haron asked. Akari lunged forward towards him and swung her blades at him but Haron swung at her at the same time. It was almost like a joust. "I wish I could tell him but I have a handle in my mouth. He's going to need a blade of fire if he wants to go against me. But then again there is no blade hotter than mine." Akari thought as she made her flames hotter.

Akari's blade started to cut through the steel of Haron's knife. "Arrow!" Haron yelled as he watched Akari's blade start to burn through his. The woman who was said to have the name of Arrow lined up her shot, and held up a bow and arrow of fire. Akari focused her flames to her feet and kicked Haron. Arrow was about to make her shot but couldn't anymore because Akari kicked Haron. Blue flames flowed along her leg as she kicked him. Akari started running towards Arrow and swung her sword. Arrow started moving back to dodge all of her attacks. "This girl was a fool to stay here. Honestly she should've left while she had the chance. She's a sniper, she likes to work from a far. Well, I shouldn't say like, She has to." Akari thought. Hearing; that was the only thing that allowed Akari to dodge and attack so swiftly. Akari's hearing was unmatched by anyone else in the Tokyo Empire. Hearing was very important to Akari. When an entire orchestra is practicing and one person messes up, no one really should be able to hear it in the audience. But Akari could hear every instrument, every note, and every breath of air just to keep playing. It's the same in her line of work. Every breath of air, every step and slight hand movement, she could hear and sense. Some would say that she doesn't need her eyes to fight. Hearing is one thing that makes her one of the best Fire Soldiers in the Force.

It can't be helped with the amount of fire soldiers that don't have good hearing, but other techniques can be taught if trained well enough. It's hard to imagine what wonderful training one student has undergone. The thought made Akari grin as she tried cutting Arrow up.

Hina paced around Akitaru's office. She'd call Shinra if she could but she knew he was on Rekka's case right now. It worried her. "Miss Shinmon, stop pacing around the room. Your making me nervous." Mizuki said with a small frown. Mizuki was sitting on the small couch against the wall in Akitaru's office with Takehisa. Akitaru tapped his finger on his desk, he was anxious. Hibana stared at everyone in the room in annoyance. "I can't stop pacing around the room! I'm too worried about the rookies-" Hina cut herself off and stopped in the middle of the office. "Oh god." Hina muttered as she put her hand on her head. "What? What's wrong?" Mizuki asked as Takehisa looked up from the chart he was writing a report on. "I don't know why but I just got really irritated." Hina shuttered as Hibana rolled her eyes and Mizuki let out a sigh of relief. Takehisa looked back down at his chart and carried on with his work.

Back at the battle between Akari, Arrow, and Harron. Akari examined the two opponents in front of her. Akari backed up a little bit. "This has to end soon." Akari thought as she gripped her handles. Akari took a running start towards the two. She jumped over them and landed behind them taking the two completely by surprise. Akari tried to slice Arrow's back but due to Arrow moving forward while trying to dodge the blade, Akari cut through her cape making half of it rip off. Arrow turned around all the way and tried lining up her shot. Akari charged into her making them both fall off the building. As they were falling, Arrow punched Akari in the face multiple times. Before Arrow got one more punch in, Akari dropped both of the handles to her blades making the blue flame go out. Akari grabbed Arrow's fist and grinned while the one handle was still in her mouth between her teeth. Akari took the handle out of her mouth and threw it up. She then head butted Arrow hard. So hard that it made Arrow's forehead bleed. "Take that damn cloth off!" Akari yelled as she ripped the cloth off of Arrow's face revealing her face. Akari was surprised to see Arrow's face. "Oh." Akari gawked. She then smirked as she looked at the blood on her forehead. Akari caught one of the handles that started to fall next to her and emitted the flames into the blade and cut Arrow's hand. Akari kicked Arrow away from her before emitting fire out of her hand to make the fall to the ground softer for her. Akari flew up a little before falling again and hitting the ground.