Chapter 2

Hina's eyes opened. It was early in the morning, way too early for her liking. She laid in her bed, wrapped in covers. Something didn't seem right. Hina looked at her bedside table with a book and an alarm clock on it. Hina sighed as her alarm clock went off. "Great, I woke up before my alarm went off." Hina frowned as she slowly sat up before turning it off. Hina stood up and unwrapped herself from the multiple blankets. She then dragged herself to the bathroom to brush her teeth and take a shower. Once she was done she put on some black leggings with white sweater. Over that was the same haori with that kanji of 炎のリーダー vertically on the back. Hina had no plans today so she would just stay in her apartment.

The day seemed to go by quick for some reason. Hina looked out her window and sighed. Then someone knocked on her door. "Why can't I be a cloud?" Hina asked herself as she walked to her door. Hina's apartment wasn't too big. it only consisted of a small kitchen some space, a living room, a bed room, and an extra closet. It wasn't big at all, it was affordable. Hina opened the door and sighed. "Is there something you need?" Hina asked the man at her door. The man was Takehisa Hinawa. Takehisa hummed as he seen her. He hadn't seen Hina in a long while, he had to admit that she looked a bit more different. Hina squinted her eyes." "Oh it's you four eyes. I don't believe it. You look.... older. Damn." Hina sighed. Takehisa wore his orange jumpsuit along with his odd hat that read 'Head Supervisor.' Despite it being not too long since he joined company eight, due to him growing his hair out a little it did change his appearance. Takehisa sucked in a breath. "Shinmon, You look...." Takehisa couldn't find any other word to say but sadder, he didn't want to be rude. "Sadder? I know." Hina said. She had forgotten that Takehisa had joined Company 8. "Is this your Company's second attempt in trying to recruit me? Nostalgia? If this weren't Fire Force related, I'd be happier. But tell your captain that it's not working." Hina said before trying to close the door. Takehisa but his foot between the door an the door frame and he put his arm on the door.

"I don't want to be responsible for breaking your foot and many other things Takehisa. Tell your company that I'm not interested!" Hina glared as a vein started to form in her head. She pushed the door in harder. "Shut up and hear me out. Though you never were a good listener when it came to listening to me. In my opinion you were a horrible soldier Hina. I don't want to break your door." Takehisa glared back as a vein formed in his head. To be honest they never liked each other. They could barely tolerate one another. Takehisa pushed the door back, it seemed to be a joust. "Go away, you aren't welcome here." Hina said as she let go of the door. Takehisa let go of the door too. "Mizuki Hinotsubasa won't join unless you're there. Father Kōfuku told me that she can't really function without you. Just think of what might happen if you don't get to teach her to function correctly. How do you think she'll get past it. Without you... she's nothing. Not advancing in anyway. She's just there. Hopeless and week, all because she can't function without you." Takehisa knew what he was doing. If Akitaru was so eager to get these two on the team then so was he. Takehisa actually came here on his own account, no one sent him but himself.

"Look four eyes. You're on thin ice. Leave before I throw you out the window." Hina frowned. Takehisa turned around and started to walk away. Hina closed the door. She grabbed a hair tie and slicked her bangs back and put them into a small ponytail. She took her haori off and started dressing into formal wear. This is something she'd wear if she ever had to go to a meeting or any formal event for the force. This consist of a dark blue pencil skirt, some stockings, a dark blue blazer with a white button up under that along with a blue tie. And she couldn't forget the black heels that she hated the most. Despite her hating the outfit she had some class in her and would never protest to wear the outfit. Hina cursed as she put her two special haoris in a bag. She slung the back over her shoulder and got her keys. In her opinion she went from looking like a homeless woman to a business woman real fast. Before Hina left her apartment she grabbed a very special item before leaving.