This band is back

Y/n's POV

"Believe me Julie I think it's wonderful that you sang again. I prayed for this moment for almost a year. But it's too late." Mrs. Harrison says to us.

"What if you just hear her play?" Flynn says to her. "You know she's amazing." I finish.

"It wouldn't matter. A new student starts tomorrow." Mrs. Harrison says looking at us. She sighs at us and says, "There's only-"

"So many spots." Julie says disappointed. "And if I don't participate. I'm out. I know."

" I did everything I could to keep you here this year, Principal Lessa was very clear that yesterday was your last chance. You'll have to reapply next semester." Mrs. Harrison says to her.

The bell rings and we have to leave.

Narrator's POV

At the beach (each let's get away) sorry

All the guys are at the beach looking at a bike shack. " A bike shack right where my house used to be. Right here." Reggie says.

"Yeah I'm sorry,man." Luke says to him. "They made the Meyerson's house into a noodle shop. Why couldn't they have made mine a pizzeria or something?" Reggie say to them.

"They tore down the whole neighbourhood." Alex says. "I guess my folks are gone." Reggie says.

"No. Everyone's gone" Alex says to him. "25 years gone. Friends,family,Bobby,everyone."

"Bobby,that's right." Reggie says, "I guess that vegetarian lucked out. What do you think happened to him?"

"He probably just got old like everybody else and moved on." Luke says to them. "Dude, how are you so casual about all of this?" Alex says looking at him.

"Don't you want to figure out what happened?" He says to him.

"Let's be real for a second. It's not like we were that close to our families. My folks always regretted buying me that guitar. Reggie, your parents are literally a fight away from divorce. Alex, I... Your parents were never cool again after you told them you were gay." Luke says to them.

"Ok. None of us had it great. Alright? But at least we had some thing. Do you know what do we have now?" Alex says bro Luke.

"Yeah I mean I could have a sibling somewhere that I wouldn't know of. My parents were having a lot of angry sex when I left." Reggie says to them.

They just look at Reggie and dismiss that. And Alex continues with his rant. " before you say cool teleportation skills, just know I'm not entirely OK with that either. All right? It tingles. In weird places."

"I'll tell what we had. It's what we've had since the day we came together. Boys, we have us. Were the only family we're ever going to need. You know what else we have?" Luke says to them.

" i'm going to guess death breath." Reggie says to him.

"Our music,you dork." Luke says chuckling. "We have our music you guys. People, actual people can hear us play! They can't see us fine but they can feel us. If I had my guitar I'd pay for all these people right now. Just like what we used to do down by the pier."

" They can't rip what they can't see." Alex says. "It's not about the tips,Alex." Luke says. "It's about playing music. Connecting with people. Making a difference in their day."

"I just... I wish I had my guitar." Luke says as he backs away. Then his guitar flies I. His hands and he spins around.

"Wow. That was rad. How'd you do that?" Reggie asks him. "I don't know." Luke says to him.

" I-I-I mean,I wished for it and then it came in my hands." Luke told him.

Reggie then bends down and says, "I-I-I wish I had a puppy." Nothing happens. "A hamster?" He sighs, "Pizza?"

He groans kicks some sand and sits down sour. "Hey, I think I know something that'll cheer you up." Luke says to him.

Play song

Come on, Reginald
One, two, three, four

Can you, can you hear me (yup)
Loud and clear?
Gotta get, gotta get ready
'Cause it's been years

Oh, this band is back

Whoo, ooh, ooh, ooh
Whoo, ooh, ooh, ooh
Whoo, ooh, ooh, ooh

Can you (yes, we can)
Can you hear me
Loud and clear?
We gotta get, wanna get, we gotta get ready
'Cause it's been years, hey

Oh, this band is back

Whoo, ooh, ooh, ooh
Whoo, ooh, ooh, ooh
Whoo, ooh, ooh, ooh
Whoo, ooh, wee, ooh

768 words