Hey! You know how long it took me to open that?

Y/f/s = your favourite sandwich

Y/n's POV

I'm staying over at Julie's. We head down to get a midnight snack. As we walk in the kitchen  we see Luke in front of an open fridge.

I walk over to he and ask, "Do you guys even eat," he shakes his head while licking his lips.

" I just wanna see what they got." He says to me. Not wanting to waste any of their power I close the fridge door,it goes right through him.

"Hey! You know how long it took me to open that?" He says to me. "I don't wanna waste their power."I say while Julie makes a pb sandwich for herself and a y/f/s for me.

"Good. Because that's exactly what I wanted to talk to you girls about." Luke says to us.

"Our power usage?" Julie asks him. "No. The power that you two have." He says. "Your voices. Your piano playing. Dude,you guys are like human wrecking balls."

"You guys have the power to move people. To knock them off their feet. There is no way your teachers won't let you back in school. If they heard you play like that." He says.

"We asked her. She said Julie will have to wait until next semester." I say to him. "That was your first mistake. Asking." Luke says sitting on the counter with me.

"Sunset Curve booked gigs by doing. We went into ambush mode. We played in front of clubs.  Who played in back of clubs. We even played book clubs." Luke says.

"Book clubs,really?" I say looking at him. "Yeah. We didn't get many gigs out of that one,but they did have some gnarly snacks."

" i'm just saying don't ask for permission. Swing that wrecking ball talent at the teachers head, and smash those stupid rules right out of their brains." He says to Julie swing his legs almost hitting me,not that he could. (A wink wonk 😉)

"Learn from me. Your tainted hog dog could be right around the corner." He whispers just as I'm about to eat my y/f/s. 

I sigh putting my sandwich down. " I don't even have anything prepared." Julie says to him.

" thought you'd say that" pulling a piece of paper out of his pocket. " it's called 'Bright'. Its a Sunset Curve song I wrote that we never got to record. But it's perfect for your range. Check out the chorus for a second. If you add a little bit of piano,and y/n can help you out. I'm telling you." He says

Your eyes,through the night

You and I
We will fight shine together
Bright forever

And rise through the night
You and I
We will fight to shine together

"Go up high" Luke says

Bright forever

473 words