Prologue 1: Promise?

Trigger warnings for this chapter: Mental and physical abuse. 

Izuku Age 4:

Mommy, Daddy, and me are at the doctors to see if I have a quirk! I know I have one! Its going to be like Mommys and Daddys! Then I can become a strong hero just like All Might with Kacchan! Were going to be number 1 together! "Mommy when are we going to see the doctor?" I asked. She smiled. "In about 5 minutes sweety. Can you be patient until then?" She replied sweetly. I nodded. I sat down and played with my All Might figurine pretending that I was saving someone with him. Before I knew it mommy said it was time to go inside! I had to lay down under this weird machine that showed the doctor my bones. Then he told us what he found. "He will never have a quirk. He's fourth generation. The genes were simply too weak to pass on. Im sorry." It felt like my world was crumbling around me. I have no quirk. I can't be a hero. Can I? I looked to Mommy and Daddy for comfort but Mommy was crying and Daddy looked angry. Is he mad at me? I hope not.

When we got home Daddy started yelling at Mommy. She started crying again and he hit her. I ran in front of Mommy to protect her from Daddy. "D-D-Daddy! S-S-Stop hurting M-M-Mommy! I-I-Its not her fault! Its no ones fault!" I yelled. He looked even more mad. "IZUKU YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS MEANS! IT MEANS YOU CAN NEVER BE A HERO! YOU CAN NEVER BE MY SUCCESSOR! YOU CANT DO ANYTHING! YOU ARE USELESS!" Daddy raised his fist and before I knew it all I saw was black.

When I woke up I was laying in my bed with Mommy beside me. Mommy...My head hurts. Why was Daddy so mad? Is it my fault? I started to cry. Mommy hugged me and told me. "Shh shhh. Baby its not your fault. Its not my fault and its not Daddys fault. No one is to blame for this. Your Dad is just mad that he cant have you be a hero when he retires. He's not mad at anyone. He's just frustrated. Why don't we go to sleep for now its late. We can talk to Daddy about what happened tomorrow. Okay?" I nodded before letting Mommy tuck me in and before I could say All Might I was asleep.

The next few weeks nothing changed. Daddy yelled and hit me and Mommy. Eventually I knew what to do and what not to do. Mommy has been locking herself in her room for the past couple days so I went to check in on her. She was crying when I went in. I ran over to her and gave her a hug. "Mommy I know it hurts and you're in pain but please talk to me! What's wrong?" I asked She sniffled and a couple minutes later she started talking. "Izu my baby I'm so sorry. I should be there comforting you and yet here we are. Roles reversed. I'm just. I'm so sorry that your father turned out this way. Please forgive me!" She cried. I shook my head. "I can't forgive someone I don't blame. This is not your fault mommy." I reassured her. She smiled weakly and nodded. "I promise Izu. No matter what I will live through this with you. As long as we have each other well be okay. Alright?" I nodded and held up my pinky. "Promise?" She smiled again and linked her pinky with mine. "Promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Okay I realize that was short but I want to take it slow because I can only write so fast. I will update weekly (Hopefully) maybe more if I can write fast enough. Please follow me and Izuku through this new journey! See ya later!

Alex