Prologue 2: Broken Things

This is a little early but here ya go! Oh By the way someone in the comments was kind enough to inquire about speech grammar. When I use "" it's a physical person talking. When I use '' It's an alter speaking. Sorry if this confused you! 

Trigger Warnings for this chapter: Aggressive yelling, abuse mentally and physically, abandonment, and panic attacks. (I am really sorry for forgetting them in chapter 1. If anyone got triggered you have my sincerest apologies. I will fix it right away and won't let it happen again. I hope you are okay now) 

Izuku Age 6:

"IZUKU COME DOWN HERE!" I ran out of my room and downstairs to see Dad looking furious. "H-h-hey D-d-dad. W-what's u-up?" I looked down at the floor knowing he hated eye contact. "Come take a look at this. NOW." I shuffled forward and grabbed the piece of paper sitting on the counter. It was a letter. For me.

Dear Izuku,

I'm so, so sorry to leave you and your father behind but I just can't take it anymore. His abuse. I just can't. I'm leaving. Well I already left as you can see but I'm moving somewhere he can't find me. I need to get away from it all. From him, from his abuse, from that house, from myself. I know we agreed that we'd live through it together no matter how painful. But I just couldn't hold that promise. I'm so sorry. I will come back when the time is right. Until we see each other again. Please be safe and please hold on. No matter how bad it hurts. I need you to stay with him. To keep him from hurting others. So that I know he is away from others. Until I can save you. Please hold on and please don't ever forget that I love you.

-Love Mommy.

I set the paper back on the counter and stood there waiting for what was coming trying not to cry.. "YOU SEE IZUKU SHE LEFT ME BECAUSE OF YOU. BECAUSE YOU'RE QUIRKLESS. BECAUSE YOU'RE USELESS. SHE NEVER LOVED YOU AND SHE COULDN'T STAND YOU. THAT IS WHY SHE LEFT. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" I nodded my head. I saw him raising his fist out of the corner of my eye. 'Run Izuku! Get away!' I didn't do anything. I just stood there despite what the voice in my head said. 'IZUKU!' Right before he punched me I blacked out.

When I woke up I wasn't in my house and nothing was familiar. I started to panic. Was he here? Was he going to hurt me? What am I going to do? At this point I started hyperventilating. I sat up despite the pain and started walking around trying to force air into my lungs but it wasn't helping. Everything started going blurry. From passing out or tears I don't know. That was until I heard a voice. It was different from last time but it helped. 'Okay Izuku. I need you to calm down. Take deep breaths. Focus on my voice. Listen to what I'm telling you. Okay?' I nodded my head still trying to breathe. 'Breathe in for 4 counts, hold for 6 and breathe out for 8. Can you do that?' I shook my head. It seemed like breathing was the one thing I couldn't do right now. 'Okay I'll count and you try okay? In 1 2 3 4 good. Hold 2 3 4 5 6 Out. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8. Good! One more time.'

After repeating that for a couple times I was finally able to calm down and look around. That's when I noticed Kacchan at the door wide eyed with his mother holding some sort of plate. I panicked. "Uhhhhh, h-how l-l-long h-h-have y-y-you been t-t-there?" Auntie recovered from her shock first. "We saw you talking to yourself and calm yourself but not much more than that. How are you feeling?" She asked, changing the topic. "I honestly don't know Auntie. Physically everything kinda hurts. My heart feels nothing right now. I don't know what's wrong with me." She frowned but nodded. "You don't have to say but can you tell us what happened? Why did you suddenly show up at our door then pass out?" I looked away and out the window. "She's gone Auntie. I'm so s-s-sorry." I said choking back a sob. She looked confused. "Who's gone sweety?" I started crying. "M-m-my M-m-mom! S-s-s-she j-j-just l-l-left! S-s-she left me a-a-and D-d-dad! W-w-w-why is s-she g-g-gone? D-d-did I d-d-do s-something wrong?" That's when I felt a hug. Auntie wrapped her arms around me. "Oh sweety. I'm sure Inko had her reasons. I know she didn't want to leave you. She loves you. I know she does." I only cried harder.

That's when my eyes widened. "Auntie how long have I been here?" She pulled away and furrowed her eyebrows. "About 5 hours or so." My eyes widened and the color drained from my face. "I need to go. I really need to go. Dad is going to be so mad." I said. "Why would he be mad?" I shook my head. "I've been gone too long. I didn't tell him where I was going. Just that I went for a walk. He's gonna be so worried and mad that I went missing. Half lying. I don't actually know what happened. All I do know is that it wasn't going to be pretty when I got home. She walked me downstairs and to the door. "Do you want me to drive you or walk you?" I shook my head. "I'll be fine. I can get there on my own. Bye Auntie. Tell Kacchan I said bye too." She nodded. "Be safe Izuku and remember what I said okay? I nodded and gave her a small smile before walking out the door. Once I left their driveway I booked it down the street and to my house knowing he was going to be pissed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So here's prologue 2. I realize it's a bit of a mess and probably makes little to no sense but it's a bit difficult to bring in his DID this early on when he is not aware of the fact that that is what it is. When we get further into the story I will introduce all his alters and will go into a bit about personalities but that will probably be all you get for that week. Idk we'll see. I don't have art for them because I suck at art but you guys are more than welcome to draw them if you want later on! Anyways I'm getting carried away. Sorry for all the angst it will get better within the next 3 chapters. Promise! Have a good day/night! 

-Alex