Chapter 10

Riley's POV

I was ecstatic to hear the news. I was a part of a loving and caring family. "Thank you so much mom!" I said to mom. Now the only secret was where do my powers come from? Me, Camilla, and mom shared a big hug. "What's all the excitement about?" aunt Stella asked. "Well me and Sky officially adopted Riley!" mom said. 

"Yay! Welcome to the family!" aunt Flora said. "Girls lets rest for now we have classes tomorrow." aunt Musa said. Me and Camilla shared a room, so we went to our room. "Welcome to the fam bitch." Camilla said. "Thanks my whore." I said to Camilla. "I think we should try to stop cursing." Camilla said. "Yea I think so to Cam but its irresistable." I said. 

"Yea anyways lets just chill on Tiktok since we can't sleep anyways." Cam said. We both were scrolling through Tiktok until Cam found a funny video. "Bitch look at this." Cam told me. I went to her bed and looked at the video. It was a video of this dude doing some riddles. He said the completely wrong answers but they were technically right. 

One of the riddles were "What is something you have but others use the most?" My dude answered "my emotions." He was right. People always use your own emotions against you. Me and Cam laughed really loud not realizing we woke everyone up. "Who's attacking you?" mom came in and asked. 

Immediately my hand went over my mouth and Cam's hand went over Cam's mouth. "Were we really that loud?" I whispered into Cam's ear. "I think so." Cam whispered back. "Well no one was attacking us but we were laughing because we found a funny video." Cam said. "We?" I whispered into Cam's ear. "Yes we." Cam whispered. "Hey you found the video." I said. "Well you were the one laughing your butt off." Cam said. 

"Mhm." mom said. "Oh sorry mom." me and Cam said at the same time. "Why are you guys awake?" mom asked. "Wait you don't know? We don't sleep until like three in the morning." Cam said. "Well you guys better fall asleep now." mom said and closed the door. "Woah." I said. "I guess we have to fall asleep." Cam said. 

I closed my eyes for a few minutes but couldn't fall asleep. "Hey Cam are you asleep?" I asked. "No why?" Cam asked. "Cause I can't fall asleep and I'm bored." I said. "Same girl same." Cam said. We had a very interesting talk for about 2 hours or so until it was 2:30 A.M. "Hey Riley can you feel some sort of dark presence?" Cam asked. 

"Yea I fell something is off." I said. We went out of our rooms to see in anyone else felt anything. No one was up. We stayed up until we felt the dark presence was gone. But it never went away. I checked the time. It was now 5:00 A.M. Then something flew across the room. "Cam please say you saw that." I said worried. "I did and I'm really worried." Cam said. 

Then it flew around the room again. "Okay now I'm really scared." I said. "Don't worry I'll see if I can catch it." Cam said. Then Cam transformed. She looked pretty in her Bloomix. Cam made a invisible cage on the wall.

We waited a few minutes but the creature never got caught. It ran away. "So much for staying up all night." I said. "Yea why not get ready and make breakfast since we are already up." Cam said. I nodded. I took a shower first then Cam. We got ready but didn't do out makeup.

We made eggs, bacon, and avocado toast for everyone. Everyone was out of their rooms by the time me and Cam finished making breakfast. "Why are you two up so early?" aunt Flora asked. "We weren't able to sleep last night." I said. "Okay." aunt Flora said.

Everyone ate breakfast and talked. I had to go to test my powers while Cam went to her first class. I went to Mrs. Faragonda's office. I sat down in a chair. "Riley you're powers will be tested here in my office." headmistress Faragonda said.

Before I could say anything, the room turned into a battlefield. I didn't know how to transform yet so I had no protection. Then I saw the Trix, blasting spells at me. I didn't know what to do so I focused on trying a spell. I shot a spell at the Trix which knocked them down. Then, the room turned back into Mrs. Faragonda's office.

"Riley it looks like you're power is from ice." Mrs. Faragonda said. "But isn't ice power only from Dyamond, the lost planet taken over by a witch?" I asked in confusion. "Yes it only comes from Dyamond, but I don't know how you have those powers." Mrs. Faragonda said.

I went out of her office to my first class. Today we were focusing on mainly transforming and making some shields. After all of my classes, I decided to do some digging on my powers. I went to the library. I searched up the power of ice.

If you have the power of ice, you are from Dyamond, the planet of ice. Dyamond had three princesses. One escaped and one was turned into a fox. The youngest princess was lost and was never found. Can I be the lost princess of Dyamond? I can't be. 

I'm just a ordinary girl who happens to have powers but why was I in a orphanage? My adoptive parents (the ones before Sky and Bloom) treated me as their own servants. They would abuse me every chance I did something wrong.

I went to my room and thoughts filled my head. So many thoughts. I couldn't take it anymore. The thoughts that I might be a princess, the thoughts of me being abused, and the thoughts of finding more about my dark past. Is this who I'm supposed to be? I asked myself.

I didn't realize I was crying. Then I didn't notice Cam or mom walking in. "RILEY!" Cam yelled. "Oh sorry yes?" I said. They didn't see me crying but could realize it since my voice said it all. "Hey why are you crying?" mom asked.

"Well I found out about my powers but they are so confusing." I said. "Well what did you find out?" mom asked. "My powers are from ice." I said. "Ice? I thought ice only came from Dyamond." Camilla said. "That's what I'm thinking about too." I said.

Mom wiped my tears and told me to come for dinner. The Winx, mom, Camilla, and me had dinner. Me and Cam mostly talked amongst ourselves. Once everyone was done, me and Cam walked to our rooms. I felt dizzy.

I looked over to Cam and she was also dizzy. She nodded letting me know she was also dizzy. We both ran towards the couch hand in hand, confusing the Winx. We made it just in time and landed on the couch. Then everything went black.