Prolouge

Life with Charlie Gillespie as her best friend was almost everything she wanted and more. The two of them met in kindergarten when Winnie kissed shy Luke. She then announced that the two were now married. Charlie didn't have a choice in this saying but, he didn't mind. He wanted a friend and now he had one without asking.

The two just got closer as all the years went by. 3rd grade came around and they were inseparable. Always having hang out days and the occasional sleepovers! Lucky for them, once they became friends their parents soon became fast friends. Meaning they were always doing things together! It was towards the end of the 3rd grade and the two were getting ready for summer.

"Hey Winnie," Charlie asked as they were playing in Charlie's treehouse.

"What are you gonna do this summer? My family said we are gonna be gone all summer. I'm gonna miss you but I know I am going to have so much fun!" He explained to his best friend.

"I don't know Charlie, I think my mom said we are gonna see my grandma soon!" If you knew Winne you knew how much she adored her grandma. Besides having Charlie, her grandma was her best friend.

"I'm gonna miss you Win. I hope the summer goes by super fast!" He exclaimed as she nodded her head. The two have never really gone a long amount of time away from each other. Charlie was Winnie's support blanket, or better yet her comfort person. The first one to celebrate any victory or milestone she hit. Always the first to hug her when she had fallen and scraped her knee. He was there.

The Gillespie's have now left for their 2 month long trip. Winnie and the Jones family were headed to see her grandma. Her grandma lived about two hours away from where they currently lived. Winnie didn't mind long car rides. She always knew at the end there was going to be something rewarding. They had just arrived at Grandma Jones house. Winnie was the first one out of the car and running into her grandparents house.

"Oh, there is my WInnie Jane!" Her sweet grandma, Roselyn said opening the door.

"Grandma! I missed you!" Lucky for Winnie having her grandparents 2 hours away meant spending lots of time with them. Although this time it had been too long for Winnie's liking.

"I missed you too dear! Did you bring Charlie? I had something for the both of you." Grandma Jones asked the young girl.

"No, not this time grandma. He went to Florida for vacation!" She said. The two soon got going not wasting a time of catching up on everything WInnie had done with Charlie. The pair of friends loved going to Grandma Jones' house. She always had some kind of activity for them to do. Charlie was welcomed over whenever!

Flash forward some years, they were now leaving grade school and into middle school. They were officially part of the big kid crowd. Even if they were excited about starting a brand new school together. There was something else on Charlie's mind. WInnie's 12th birthday. He knew how special Winnie's birthdays were and he had been planning something for a long time. Charlie had spent a long time thinking about this and it has always been in the back of his mind. He liked Winnie Jones. So, after school they were going to his treehouse before her birthday party started.

"Happy Birthday Winnie!" Shouted the brown haired boy. Scaring the also brunette hair girl who was packing her backpack. She smiled at her best friend, hugging him.

"Thanks Charles." She said putting the final folder into her backpack. She turned around and noticed the boy who couldn't help but stare at his best friend.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer!" She laughed walking past him and heading into her kitchen. He shook it off and followed her to where their parents were waiting to take pictures.

"Moooooooom." They both sighed as they brought out the cameras. Nevertheless, they listened to their moms and stood next to each other for pictures. After a couple they both told them to stop or they were going to be late.

"Alright kiddos, load up. Let's get going!" Charlie's mom Sarah said hurrying them outside and into the car. Today was a big day for Winnie. She was turning 12, starting a new school, and finally gonna shoot her shot with one of the popular guys at her school. Winne, oblivious of what was going to go down tonight just wanted to be with her best friend and hopefully something more with Logan.

"Bye mom. Bye Sarah!" WInnie said hopping out of the minivan, Charlie following her lead. They got to the front of the school and looked each other.

"You got this today Win. If someone is mean to you I will beat them up." Charlie said, hugging her. Laughing she responded

"Thanks Char, you'll be the first to know." They said their goodbyes and walked into the school looking for their separate friend groups.

"Winnie! Over here!" Her friend Lucy said waving her over to the lockers.

"Hey guys!!" She said hugging all of her friends after they had all wished her a happy birthday.

The group of girls headed off further into the school. Charlie had found his friends but his eyes never left the birthday girl. Of course all of his friends noticed and have known about his little crush since the 3rd grade. His smiled dropped as soon as he saw the smile on her face when Logan Conner walked up to her and hugged her. This was going to be a long day.

Later that day. The school bell had just rung and the two friends had finished their first day of school. They went straight to Charlie's treehouse. The nerves he was feeling was way different than anything else he had felt.

Once the two were settled in his smile grew as he got ready to tell her how he was feeling.

"I have something to tell you!" They both said at the same time laughing. Sometimes they were just so alike.

"You go first!" Charlie said letting her go first since it was her birthday after all.

"So, big news!" She paused, "I have a boyfriend!" She said and soon as the words boyfriend left her mouth Charlie was upset. He missed his chance

"Wow Win, I'm happy for you" He said, she knew something was wrong but she didn't wanna push it.

"Thank you Charles! What were you going to tell me?" She asked excitedly.

"Oh nothing big, just wanted to give you your present." He said handing her a single Lilly

Lillies were the brunettes favorite flower. She smiled knowing that Charlie remember even after all these years.

"Oh Charlie," Her heart melted. "I love it." She finished sitting up and hugging her best friend. And that's all Charlie would ever be to her. A best friend

Despite Winnie getting a boyfriend and Charlie not being able to confess his feelings for the girl. He was always there. Her first heartbreak, her first day of high school, her countless boyfriends who knew didn't care about her. Only about playing her. Charlie loved WInnie. He was crazy about her. But, right now all she needed was her best friend. And Charlie was okay with that. Whatever it took to make her happy, he would do.