Chapter four

The next morning Charlie snuck out of Winnie's grip to make some 'im sorry' breakfast. As he cooked he started thinking of all the ways to say sorry to Winnie. He decided on making some waffles. Her favorites. No one really understood her when she said she liked waffles more than pancakes. She always said she loved them because of all the pockets you could put things in. Charlie laughed remembering when she told him that for the first time. Soon Winnie did wake up. She sat in her bed remembering all the events that had happened last night.

"Morning." Winnie said shyly as she saw Charlie making her favorite breakfast.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." He said, sending her a smile. She sat down on the counter across from Charlie. She didn't want him to remember either. Sadly, he did..

"So, about last night." He started as she sighed

"I'm so sorry Charlie. I never should have kissed Owen." She said, starting to ramble. Charlie walked over to her and put his hand on her leg which made her stop speaking.

"I'm not mad at you Win, it was all my fault anyways." He said making the brunette girl confused

"Nothing was your fault Charlie, it was all mine." She said putting her hand on his.

"I should've done this a long time ago. Win, I don't know why I waited 10 years." He paused grabbing her hand in his. " I like you Winne Jane Jones. I have since you kissed me under that basketball hoop in kindergarten. It took me until I was 12 to realize but now I've wasted ten years watching you go from one failed relationship to the next. Holding you in my arms after every heartbreak. Made me just want to scream it to you. I liked you then and I like you a whole lot more now." He said keeping eye contact watching as a smile grew on the smaller girl's face.

"Oh Charlie. You have no idea how long I have been waiting for you to say that. I've always had the biggest crush on you but thought you were never going to like me back like that. Which is why I always had to distract myself and get a new boyfriend." She said shyly looking away from her best friend feeling like a fool. It was until she felt his hand release hers and put it on her face turning it so she was looking back at him

"You don't know how happy it makes me to hear you say that Winnie. Come with me to set today, so I can show you off and so we can clear some things up with Owen and the rest of the cast." He said as she nodded. He helped her off the counter, gave her some waffles and then she was off to get ready.

She walked off into her room with the biggest smile she had ever had on her face. Charlie really brought out the best in her. She headed over to her closest to pick out her clothes for today. She grabbed some sweats since it was supposed to be a little bit colder than the normal today. Once she had found one of the hoodies Charlie had given her she knew that's what she was going to wear.

Charlie was in his room fist pumping in the air. This was the moment he had been waiting for, for ten years. He threw on his usual outfit and a beanie knowing his hair was going to be done on set. He walked out to the living room to find Winnie fixing her hair in their big mirror. He walked up to her and hugged her from behind. The two shared a smile together as Winnie leaned into his touch. His hugs felt different today. Like they meant something else.

"Are you ready to go love?" He asked, placing a kiss on her cheek making her blush.

"Ready." She said grabbing her purse as they headed out to Charlie's car. They got into his car and he handed her the aux. She smiled but didn't plug it in. He looked at her weirdly.

"I wanna hear your voice." She said, giving him a smile.

"Okay, what do you wanna talk about?" He said grabbing her hand and pulling it into his lap. Making her heart do a little dance. They weren't even dating yet and yet he was doing things that made her heart run a million miles an hour.