Chapter thirteen

No, Owen thought as that word kept getting louder and louder in his head. How could this have happened. He got his phone out called 911 running out to the scene to see if she was hurt. Madi and Savannah soon followed Owen; they didn't know what they were about to see. Savannah ran to be with Owen and hopefully an okay Winnie. Madi went to go distract Charlie because he was already headed this way.

"Charlie no, you can't go past here. Strict orders from Kenny." She lied hoping it would stop him but he just pushed passed her. Once he heard the cops, ambulances and firetrucks he ran. Madi followed.

"Please tell me that, that isn't my Winnie." Charlie said, stopping as tears were running down his face. He did this. He shouldn't have been so secretive but he wanted it to be special. He stood there speechless falling to his knees. Madi ran to hold him but he pushed her away. Watching as Owen and Savannah stood by holding each other as the paramedics pulled an unconscious Winnie.

Charlie got the courage to stand up and run over to the ambulance demanding that they let him ride with her.

"Please, I'm her boyfriend and her only family she has in town. She can't be alone right now." He said begging the paramedic. The two paramedics looked at each other and nodded to Charlie. "Thank you so much." He said climbing into the back with Winnie.

"I'm so sorry Win, my god what have I done to you. I promised I would never ever hurt you and here you are fighting for your life. I love you so much and just wanted to make things special for you." He said holding onto her hand laying his head on it as he cried they drove off to the hospital leaving his friends behind.

Owen, Savannah and Madi all ran to Kenny to tell him what happened. He then commanded them to get in the car and follow them to the hospital. They all piled in Owen's car and tried their best to follow the ambulance.

"Then she just drove right into oncoming traffic and all these cars hit her at once it flipped."Owen was explaining to the two girls as he was the one to see it all happen. Why did this have to happen to her, they were all thinking. Winnie was the most amazing, happy go lucky person any of them have ever met. So supportive, loving and caring. Never pessimistic, always, always, optimistic.

Charlie sat in the ambulance as he thought back on all of their memories. Especially what he had been doing the past two weeks.

*flashback*

It was the day after the two got to spend the whole day together. Charlie realized something, he wanted to be with Winnie for the rest of his life. He wanted to grow old with her and not waste another minute. So when he went back to set he talked to a friend of the casts' clothing designer to help design a ring for Winnie. One that screamed her.

"Hey Lily!" He said greeting the ring designer with a hug. She hugged back greeting him as well.

"Hey Charlie, so Soyon said you needed a ring! Who's the lucky lady?" She asked as they sat down in her office.

"Her name is Winnie Jones. My childhood and life long best friend turned into a lover." He said holding the biggest smile on his face. Holding pride knowing she was his girl.

"That sounds like the sweetest story! You will have to tell me later down the line! So what kind of ring are you looking for? A promise ring? I love you ring? An engagement ring?" She asked pulling out a notepad so she could take notes of everything Charlie wanted.

"I was actually looking for an engagement ring." He said shyly, not knowing if she thought he was crazy or not.

"Lovely! Now I can only assume since you came to me you would like it to be a custom one!" She asked Charlie. His response?

"Only the best for my girl."

*end of flashback*

So that explains where Charlie had been the past weeks. He had kept the ring hidden in his trailer. Which explains what Owen and Madi found when they went snooping. The ambulance came to a stop as they all rushed to get Winnie out and into the hospital to get taken care of.

"Alright! Someone needs to get him out of here so we can get her up to the OR." The doctor yelled as one of the paramedics that rode with them held him back.

"What, no. You can't let me leave her. She needs me." He tried fighting back just as the rest of the gang showed up Owen coming to grab him back.

"Yes, but she also needs you to be okay, and for you to let her be in the care of these good doctors' hands." The paramedic said as they all sat in the waiting room. Owen thanked her as she took off leaving the four of them by themselves and to their thoughts.

"This is all my fault. If I wasn't being so secretive and obvious about things she wouldn't have been hurt the way she is physically or emotionally" Charlie said as they all crowded around him hugging the boy.

"It's not your fault Char, you were just trying to do something special for her. Why didn't you tell us and we could have helped you?" Madi asked.

"I know you all are her best friends and that it could have slipped up. She didn't need all of us lying to her. That would have made things worse. So I pulled Kenny into it making it seem like he really did need me staying late but that was the only time I had to do this." Charlie said, wiping away his tears frustrated.

"We know , but we could have kept it a secret for you. We know how special she is to you and we would have kept her occupied ." Savannah said rubbing his back.

"I know, now all I need is for her to be okay." He said as they all stayed gathered together. Hoping and praying that she was going to make it.

Hours and hours had gone by and they still hadn't heard anything. So Charlie got up and walked over to the reception desk seeing if there was any word.

"Hi, I um am seeing if there was any word on Winnie Jones? They took her into surgery a few hours ago and I am just a little worried." Charlie asked fumbling with his fingers, an anxious habit that he had picked up from Winnie. The receptionist nodded and went searching on her computer for something.

"She is in recovery, it looks like they are allowing one visitor at a time in room 409." She said as Charlie thanked her over and over again. He headed back over to the rest of the group and explained to them what the receptionist said to him. They all agreed maybe it would be best if Charlie went first.

"Ok, I'll keep you all updated." He said before wandering off to find the room where Winnie was. He used the elevator to get to the 4th floor and practically ran down the hallway when he stopped outside of her room. He took a couple of deep breaths and headed in to see his girl.

"Charlie, is that you?" She asked groggily. He pushed back the curtain that was separating the door from the room.

"Yeah lover, it's me." He said as he came face to face with his mess that he was certain he was going to piece back together.

"I am so sorry Win, you have no idea. I never meant for any of this to go this far. I love you so much and I would never hurt you. You have to believe me that I definitely was not cheating on you." He said running to her side and holding her hand, tears spilling out of his eyes.

"Oh just shut up and kiss me already." He was a bit taken aback but followed what she said and carefully grabbed her face and kissed her like she was about to fall apart in his arms.

"I forgive you. And I was stupid to not believe you. I know how much I love you and how much you love me . I was just frustrated and tired. I shouldn't have gotten in that car. I shouldn't have." She said as tears were falling out of her eyes too. He kept his hand on her face as he wiped her tears. Kissing her cheek softly

"Never again. You come first always."