Chapter fourteen

Winnie woke up the next morning to a sleeping Charlie clinging to her hand as he sat in a chair and laid on the bed she was laying on. She smiled stroking his hair. Wishing she could lean down and kiss his head but she was in too much pain. He felt her move slightly and started to stir in his sleep.

"What are you doing up so early?" He asked sitting up but not letting go of her hand. She sighed,

"I had a bad dream and it was kinda hard to fall asleep when you're in this much pain." She said, hissing as she scooted over to make room for him. All she wanted was to be held in his arms as if he has magic powers to heal her.

"Hey, hey why are you moving." He said standing up. She gave him a sad smile.

"I was making room for you, I miss being in your arms." She said shyly as he just laughed slightly at her. Nonetheless he got into the bed ever so softly making sure not to hurt her.. He carefully slid his arm under her as she turned to her side being the little spoon. He kissed the back of her head and rested his head in her neck.

"I've missed this." She whispers, making Charlie's heart hurt.

"I know baby, and I'm so sorry. I've missed this so much too." He said rubbing her arm kissing her shoulder.

"Can you at least tell me what you were up to, while i was lonely at home." Winnie asked as Charlie laughed. He wanted to tell her. Heck he wanted to do it right now but he knew he could wait until she was feeling better.

"I'm sorry lover but that I cannot do. You will find out soon though. "He said as she started to relax onto him. He really was going to pick up the broken pieces and make her whole again. He just needed some extra help.

A week had gone by and thankfully Winnie was able to be discharged from the hospital. She's been on bed rest for the past two days but she was feeling great and wanted to be up and moving. When she woke up one day her bed was empty, only a small post on Charlie's pillow. It read

Lover,

I know you hate waking up to a cold bed but today is gonna change your life. Well, in all honesty it's going to change ours. I sent Madison over to help you get ready for the day and to hang out with you while Owen and I have some things to take care of. I love you baby. I'll see your pretty little face soon.

Love, yours

She smiled reading the note wondering what he meant by today was going to change their lives. She had just gotten done reading the note when she heard the door open assuming it was madison.

"Hey girl! You ready to hang out today? Just us girls?" She said walking into Winnie's room.

"I'm guessing Charlie gave you the spare key?" Winnie asked as Madi nodded.

"So let's get out of bed, into the shower and make you look even more beautiful!" As Winnie got in the shower Madi was hanging back in her room laying out the new dress that Charlie had gotten for the girl. Madi held a huge smile on her face. She was more than excited for today.

"Alright Mads, what am I supposed to wear today?." She asked opening the bathroom door a crack as Madi handed her the dress. Hearing Winnie go speechless.

"It's beautiful isn't it!" Madison exclaimed clapping.

"Whose is this?" Winnie asked, staring at the gorgeous dress.

"It's yours! Charlie got it for you!" Madi said so excitedly.

"I love him." Winnie said, smiling, putting the dress on, then blow drying her hair and letting Madi into the bathroom.

"Alright girly, now let me do my magic on you." The two then spent the next hour laughing, crying and just enjoying each other's company. Madi was doing her hair and makeup, not dramatic, just simple but beautiful.

"Eeeee, Charlie is going to flip out when he sees you!' Mads said turning her around to face the mirror. Even Winnie was able to admit that she looked beautiful. She hugged the younger girl and tried not to cry.

"Thank you so much for doing this Mads. I love it." Winnie said fanning her face. The two put everything away and headed out of the house as Madi directed Winnie where to go.

"So where are we going again, and why did I need to get so fancy?" Winnie asked as they were getting closer and closer to her surprise. Madi looked at her, shrugged her shoulders and zipped her lips shut and threw the key. Winnie laughed as they took their last left pulling up to one of Charlie's favorite mountainside spots. She looked at Madi feeling so confused about what they were doing here when there was no Charlie in sight.

"Just go with it!" She said as they started on the trail, Winnie started seeing flower petals on the trail. Soon Owen showed up.

"Owen, did Charlie put you two up to this?" She asked as they both looked at each other and did the same thing. Shrugged their shoulders. She laughed as Owen held his hand out to her. She gladly accepted and finished walking the path of the trail with him.

"I'm glad I get to be with you tonight." He paused, "You've been like a sister to me for these past 7,8 months." She smiled as they stopped walking and she gave him the biggest hug.

"You're like a brother to me Owen, I'm glad you're in my life." She said as he kissed the top of her head and headed her in the direction by herself where Charlie was standing waiting for her.

"Charlie?" She called out as the trail started to end. She heard soft guitar playing and knew it was him. The closer she got the louder it became. She picked up her speed almost running to see where Charlie was and what he was up to.

"Charlie," She said sighing in relief when she found him surrounded by flowers and lights in a heart shaped as he stood in the middle holding a hand out to her.

"Hi baby," He said softly, bringing his guitar to the floor and her into the heart shape he was standing in.

"What are you doing?" She asked as he just held a smile on his face.

"You trust me right?" He asked as she nodded quickly. He then got down on one knee as she gasped and started crying.

"Winnie Jane Jones. How I love you, and how I have loved you since the day we met and you kissed me under the basketball hoop in kindergarten. I have loved you so much then and I plan on loving you for the rest of my life if you will let me. So, Winnie, you have stolen my heart and my clothes and now I want you to steal my last name. Marry me?" He asked, holding her hand in one and the open ring box in the other. She sat there and sobbed for a second before mustering out the word

"YES!" She screamed jumping up and down as Charlie slid the ring on her finger and stood up holding her.

"I love you Charlie Gillespie. Now until forever." She said kissing him with all she's got.

She really was going to get her happily ever after.